Micro Player PlaylistButton Empty Window

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

GreenOnyx

Micro Player PlaylistButton Empty Window

Post by GreenOnyx »

I'm trying to customize the micro player and seem to be having a problem adding the playlist button to it. If I hover over the micro player for the popup and click the playlist button on the popup a playlist comes up with my now playing contents. If I add a PlayListButton to the micro player so that I don't have to use the one on the popup it shows a now playing window that's blank. The totals at the bottom are correct, so it sees the files, but doesn't list them properly.

Is this a bug, something not supported in the micro player, or am I missing something? Below are the steps I'm attempting in MM 3.1

1. Extract Glided.msz to ..\Skins\Test
2. Edit the MicroPlayerH.ini and add the text below

[PlaylistButton]
Type=Button
Resizable=1,1,0,0
Pos=157,12
Size=12,12
Transperent=1
TextMask=

3. Change to the new skin in settings
4. Minimize to the micro player
5. Click the area in the lower right hand corner of the micro player (below the + (maximize button) to the right of mute)
Eyal

Re: Micro Player PlaylistButton Empty Window

Post by Eyal »

GreenOnyx wrote:If I add a PlayListButton to the micro player (...) it shows a now playing window that's blank.
Is this a bug, something not supported in the micro player, or am I missing something?
Yes it's a bug.
The NowPlaying won't be empty if you first minimize MM to MiniPlayer, then minimize again to MicroPlayer.

That's the reason I didn't put a Minimize to Tray button on my last skins that have the Playlist button. I think nobody has reported that error yet.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
GreenOnyx

Post by GreenOnyx »

Nice find, I see the same thing, so it's definitely a bug, thanks for confirming.

I'll post in the bug reports section (I think that's the right process).
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep eyal first i seen this error reported. i guess nobody thought to do that yet?

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
luks_abido

Post by luks_abido »

Same bug.
Will it be fixed?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

you better make a bug report again cause this is a old bug and thought to have been fixed already. :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

[1463] PlaylistButton Empty When Straight To MicroPlayer

Post by Guest »

I don't really write skins so please pardon my termonology. This involves an old issue I found but it's the same in the latest MM beta (old issue was detailed here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=42104).

If you create a button to utilize the PlaylistButton call in the micro player the playlist that pops up is empty, but only if you go straight from the Player to the MicroPlayer. If you go from the Player to the MiniPlayer and then to the MicroPlayer, it functions as expected (minus the fact that the window is slightly transparent half of the time). From what I can tell in MicroPlayer mode the BtnPlayList call in the popup always works but the PlaylistButton call only works if you go to the mini player prior to the MicroPlayer.

The link to the old version shows how to mimic this easily, but please let me know if any more information is needed. This issue prevents someone from quickly navigating the entire playlist in the MicroPlayer. Waiting for and navigating the popup is very time consuming, sometimes it doesn't show, and the playlist when you finally get there isn't resizeable, so the work arounds are pretty painful.
GreenOnyx

Post by GreenOnyx »

Is anyone able to clarify as to if this is something that should be sent to the helpdesk or if the forum is the proper escalation point? I've seen a couple different "How To" threads for reporting bugs and just want to make sure that it's been submitted properly. The issue has been around since at least 2009 so it seems like it's something that isn't going to be fixed, was missed, or needs escalated elsewhere.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

this seems to be involving the mini player too as described above. so i wonder it this is causing my other issue with the mini player and that dang white window title bar on its right.
since the micro player is having trouble with a partial transpant list from time to time maybe its caused by same error?

i don't know if it is but i'm fed up with that dang white window title bar. :(