MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

dre12b

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.1 crash on Windows 7

Post by dre12b »

I installed Monkey flow embedded version on my Thinkpad T60, running MM3 Gold on Windows 7. MM3 Library is now crashing on when I open the program. I uninstalled Monkeyflow (by deleting the files in Scripts/Auto directory) and then uninstalled/reinstalled MM3, but am still getting the crash. Since I didn't make any other changes, I'm guessing this is a problem with registering the SongDB Com server. I've included the error details below (2 pop-up windows: MS problem event AND Application Error).

I know this is just a consequence of installing something on a beta OS that is not supported by the MonkeyFlow extension. No worries. But I'm hoping someone can give me some help on how to fix the problem and get MM3 back on its feet. Thanks!

Application Error
Exception EAccessViolation in module d_iPhone.dll at 6BB4B11B Access violation at address 6BB4C11B. Read of address 6BB4C11B.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MediaMonkey.exe
Application Version: 3.1.1.1261
Application Timestamp: 2a425e19
Fault Module Name: QTCF.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4aa21f2c
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 6bb8c11b
OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 48aa
Additional Information 2: 48aa5a4c3f3fae76435f3bb41fb1678c
Additional Information 3: d987
Additional Information 4: d98787e8ee813b9430db2a9f5d467185
nohitter151

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.1 crash on Windows 7

Post by nohitter151 »

dre12b wrote:
Application Error
Exception EAccessViolation in module d_iPhone.dll at 6BB4B11B Access violation at address 6BB4C11B. Read of address 6BB4C11B.
Actually this problem is not due to Monkeyflow, its due to an interaction between the latest Quicktime and MediaMonkey 3.1.1. Its resolved in the latest beta:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=42607
http://www.mediamonkey.com/news/2009/09 ... rt-update/
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
dre12b

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.1 [MM3] crash

Post by dre12b »

Many thanks! You just saved me a bundle of time. I downloaded the MM beta version to fix the problem. FYI it's actually a Quicktime compatibility issue - something I downloaded at the behest of MM to get file compatibility.
moose86

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.1 [MM3]

Post by moose86 »

Hey. Probably a big ask but I don't suppose there is any chance of hosting this somewhere else? Mediafire is blocked in China and I would love to try this out! :(
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've mirrored these files on my own webserver, hope this is ok?

Monkey Flow 1.1 Embedded / Monkey Flow 1.1 External
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
moose86

Post by moose86 »

:D Hero! Thanks alot!!
moose86

Post by moose86 »

Thought I should give some more thanks. Fantastic bit of software! Works like a charm! MediaMonkey is better than my old iTunes and now looks better too :D

Only suggestion would be: After installation nothing happened, it took me a few confused minutes to figure out that you have to go View>MonkeyFlow to get it to show up! Haha. Other than that, perfect!
xcfan

Post by xcfan »

moose86 wrote:Hey. Probably a big ask but I don't suppose there is any chance of hosting this somewhere else? Mediafire is blocked in China and I would love to try this out! :(
I also recommend a Proxy. http://proxy.org/
tobinu

Post by tobinu »

I hope someone can help. I installed MonkeyFlow a few days ago and was absolutely loving it! Then suddenly today it stopped working. I read a few posts that suggested there might be interferrence from some Apple software so I uninstalled ALL of it (iTunes, iPhone.dll, Quicktime, etc) But still I get the same error. Here's the end of the log file:

** Load Time: 0.80 seconds
Creating MediaMonkeyDB object
Starting database thread
Connecting to MediaMonkey
Initializing COM
Creating handle to SongsDB.SDBApplication COM server
Connected to MediaMonkey 3.1.1
------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "MediaMonkeyDB.py", line 302, in _dbThread
File "MediaMonkeyDB.py", line 367, in _dbConnect
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'ShowCaption'
Database thread shutting down
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Main_MonkeyFlow.py", line 149, in _connectThread
File "MediaMonkeyDB.py", line 129, in __init__
MMDBError: Error while connecting
(check log file)

I really hope that I can get it working again. I was looking for this type of app for months...
Aff

Post by Aff »

Hello tobinu

Have you changed anything, e.g. installed new software, since it last worked?
You could try the MediaMonkey 3.1.2 (Beta). Perhaps the uninstall of Quicktime is incomplete.
tobinu

Post by tobinu »

I'll try MM 3.1.2 when I get home tonight. Is there anyone out there who is able to "read" the error on the logfile ?
flashk

Post by flashk »

tobinu wrote:I'll try MM 3.1.2 when I get home tonight. Is there anyone out there who is able to "read" the error on the logfile ?
Shutdown MM and then check Task Manager and make sure there are no instances of MediaMonkey.exe running. This error usually shows up when a zombie MediaMonkey.exe refuses to die, so you end up having 2 different MediaMonkey processes running.
tobinu

Post by tobinu »

flashk wrote:
tobinu wrote:I'll try MM 3.1.2 when I get home tonight. Is there anyone out there who is able to "read" the error on the logfile ?
Shutdown MM and then check Task Manager and make sure there are no instances of MediaMonkey.exe running. This error usually shows up when a zombie MediaMonkey.exe refuses to die, so you end up having 2 different MediaMonkey processes running.
Well I've tried all suggestions. There is no software from Apple on my system at all. I installed MM 3.1.2 and ensured that there was only one instance running in the Task Manager. I'm losing hope. If anyone else has a suggestion I'd be willing to try just about anything...
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

tobinu find a python script editor. I believe that is the script language used when .py is seen.

open the monkey flow script in it and see if it can show you what those line numbers are.

make sure you have the options for the editor to show you line numbers and have its debug feature turned on.

i think there is an error in the scripts like a missing : or a ; missing or even having one blank space where it should not have.

the only way to find that is to check the script in the editor.

edited in.
yes there can be an error in the script and it still work on other systems which is why you need to check it with the editor to see what your system is wanting at those locations when you get the debug report send it to the author of the monkey flow script so they can adjust it for your system.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I just installed this yesterday and I am really enjoying it. I don't have any suggestions, as there are plenty of good ones already.

I can't seem to find the features it already has. If I right click in MF, I only get Play Now, Play Next, Play Last, Play Shuffle. I don't get any of the other functions like changing the colors.

Am I missing something?

Again, thank you for a wonderful script.