web interface remote for MediaMonkey?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

cooledspirit

web interface remote for MediaMonkey?

Post by cooledspirit »

Hi,

I've scrolled through the forums and find alternatives like Wawi (already dated from 2007), which I can't download from the main site (broken link?), as wel as "Monkey server" which appears to be in beta,... it's for me unclear if anything exists that fits my needs.

What I'm looking for is a configurable webinterface (that allows me to graphically build the webinterface the way I want) and which can display album art (mostly m4a) ('now playing" art is sufficient), with selection possibility between different playlists, and of course scrolling/selection inside the chosen/currently playing playlist.

Intention is to remote control a local running media monkey via Wifi, no streaming needed (nor wanted).

Does this exist ? :D

Kind regards,

Cooled Spirit.
pushpull

Re: web interface remote for MediaMonkey?

Post by pushpull »

Something that might work for you is TightVNC which will allow you to see the remote computer. You will be able to control MM just as if you were at the remote computer.
cooledspirit

Post by cooledspirit »

Hi,

thank you the hint, but will this work on PDA or smartphone (wifi enabled devices) ? Even if it would, resolution of screens is different, smaller screens, making it clumsy ? It doesn't sound like an ideal solution from what I understand from it.

Any other possibilities ?

Kind regards,

Cooled.
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

FWIW, the link to WAWI in this post still works.
pushpull

Post by pushpull »

If you have an Iphone or Touch there is an app for controlling MM. It is also possible to use a vnc connection with the Iphone or Touch. As for any other pda or smartphone I could not say. You might check around for a forum on your particular device to see if anyone can point you towards something that could get you what you want or try doing a google search. As far as the WAWI plug in it works but it is not configurable as far as I know and it is very basic.
cooledspirit

Post by cooledspirit »

Many thanks for the info! I have to admit that Apple is better in that area...

I don't know if I'll ever be able to do something descent, but it seems like I'll have to do it myself...
Or perhaps the MM webserver ...
frla1974

Post by frla1974 »

I have just created a simple webserver that can perform play/pause/previos/next from a simple webpage. I did it pretty easy using MediaMonkeys automation object and scripting. I will fix it up and post it if there is interest in it.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Peke

Post by Peke »

@frla1974
There is interest for that Personally I would like to see:
1. Simple Search + Make Request to be played available from web interface.

Reason: Imagine Party with Wi-Fi HotSpot where listeners would be able to search Party Music library and make Request from DJ without bothering him directly? (I know I hated those people that come to my DJ booth and beg me to play their favorite song. I do not want to hear them and declined by default even they ask for a song I would play myself on that party. Hope you get my point)

2. See Now Playing Playlist, and get info on songs that are playing/played/next in queue
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts