Multiple window open with Vista

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

rrfpacker

Multiple window open with Vista

Post by rrfpacker »

I just started using Vista, is it too early to say I hate it, and I am having an issue when I click on something in MM that opens up another window, such as the Options button, or Rip CD. The window appears for a moment and then disappears. I have to double click on the MM icon in the task bar to see it, but then the main window disappears. When I'm done, I have to double click the icon again to get the main view back.

And if I need to open another window, such as after clicking the More button after choosing AutoAlbumDJ, the third window cannot be seen ever and I have to close MM. Is this another Vista thing and does anyone know how to fix it?
nohitter151

Re: Multiple window open with Vista

Post by nohitter151 »

Do you use minilyrics?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Yes. And Monkey Rok (along with its annoying activeX control messages).
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rrfpacker wrote:Yes. And Monkey Rok (along with its annoying activeX control messages).
If you have minilyrics set to "Always on top" and you use the Minilyrics embedder script it can pull the whole MM screen ahead of other windows and dialogs opened by MM. I've found the only solution to be to disable "Always on top" in the minilyrics options.

re: activex warnings - I've solved that with this method:

1) Run regedit.exe
2) Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
3) Modify key 1201 = 0 (if it doesn't exist, you can create it. Right click -> New -> DWORD value, name it 1201 and set to 0)
This sets your "My Computer" zone setting (which is not displayed in the Internet Options) to Enabled.

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

It took a while, but ML is finally not "Always on Top". Thank you.

Not sure how to get the Run window to open on Vista. Need your help on that one. In windows 2000 it showed up when right-clicking on Start. Now it seems to be hidden.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rrfpacker wrote:It took a while, but ML is finally not "Always on Top". Thank you.

Not sure how to get the Run window to open on Vista. Need your help on that one. In windows 2000 it showed up when right-clicking on Start. Now it seems to be hidden.
Just type regedit into the search box (in the start menu) and hit enter.

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Thank you for help. Will be a couple of days before I can try the ActiveX remedy. Will report then.