Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

francismartens318

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.5.2 (2009-07-10)

Post by francismartens318 »

How do I resolve following issue:

In the Create Keep/Delete Suggestion Node dialog box, the button 'Create Nodes' remains grayed out (disabled).
How should I enable it ?
francismartens318

Post by francismartens318 »

Answer:

RTFM .. it is clearly stated in the instructions.
You need to select the songid as the last one in the list.
kitkat

Post by kitkat »

Dear Bex or any other user,
I'm sorry to be a bad forum writer...this is a 48-page thread, though, so please pardon me. I did do a skim on a search within the thread and I think I've read the 1st post enough! :oops:

Anyway, my question:

I'm actually okay with having a record in MediaMonkey of all the diverse places I have the exact same song. I'm not looking to clean "out" my library. All I really want to use this tool for is to make sure that these multiple instances all have the same tags as each other.

I can do that for each set reasonably quickly (I use your "Tracks With Same Content" node to find the tracks I want to look at, and I set up a favorite List->List thing and am copy/pasting...it takes a while, but it's giving me what I want).

However, it sure would be nice to have something that's for the most part like the "Tracks With Same Content" node, only excluding any tracks that have the exact same key tags [tags chosen by me, kind of like I would choose them in a custom duplicates search].

i.e. tags I already copied (or don't need to work on in the first place), and which haven't had one data in a key tag of one of the pair/triplet/etc. of records change since my last data copy.

Honestly--this really is what I want! :-)

(I thought about the "Okay" lists, but I don't want things on an okay list forever--just only as long as their key tags are in sync w/ each other.)

Can...can this software do that? I can't seem to figure out how to make it do so.

Thank you!
Sim

Post by Sim »

Well, you're a lifesaver. Thanks for your script, it works wonderfully
Bex

Post by Bex »

kitkat wrote:Dear Bex or any other user,
I'm sorry to be a bad forum writer...this is a 48-page thread, though, so please pardon me. I did do a skim on a search within the thread and I think I've read the 1st post enough! :oops:

Anyway, my question:

I'm actually okay with having a record in MediaMonkey of all the diverse places I have the exact same song. I'm not looking to clean "out" my library. All I really want to use this tool for is to make sure that these multiple instances all have the same tags as each other.

I can do that for each set reasonably quickly (I use your "Tracks With Same Content" node to find the tracks I want to look at, and I set up a favorite List->List thing and am copy/pasting...it takes a while, but it's giving me what I want).

However, it sure would be nice to have something that's for the most part like the "Tracks With Same Content" node, only excluding any tracks that have the exact same key tags [tags chosen by me, kind of like I would choose them in a custom duplicates search].

i.e. tags I already copied (or don't need to work on in the first place), and which haven't had one data in a key tag of one of the pair/triplet/etc. of records change since my last data copy.

(I thought about the "Okay" lists, but I don't want things on an okay list forever--just only as long as their key tags are in sync w/ each other.)

Can...can this software do that? I can't seem to figure out how to make it do so.

Thank you!
Perhaps I don't understand what you are looking for exactly but couldn't you use the Filter functionality to achieve what you want?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Sim wrote:Well, you're a lifesaver. Thanks for your script, it works wonderfully
Thank you, Sim! :D
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Onweerwolf wrote:The box for Custom Duplicate Search is larger than my screen so I can't click to save it after configuring. Is there anything that I can do about this?
Yes, you can hide fields you don't use so the form gets smaller:
http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 45#p213845

There are also short cuts to the three buttons you cant see:
Save and Search -> Alt+S
Cancel -> Alt+C
Save -> Alt+V

All My Scripts
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Got an error using Find More From Same, Custom Search

I think it is caused by " in Title (Frank's 2000" TV).
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, thank you. It is indeed the " in the name when using MATCH full text search that causes the error. I'll get it sorted in the next version of the script

All My Scripts
kitkat

Post by kitkat »

Bex wrote:
kitkat wrote:Dear Bex or any other user,

Anyway, my question:

Thank you!
Perhaps I don't understand what you are looking for exactly but couldn't you use the Filter functionality to achieve what you want?
Hi Bex,
I don't think it would.
May I ask where the misunderstanding was?
At this moment, I don't know exactly what to re-explain.
(Though I've put the core of my question in red in the quote above.)

Thanks!
-KitKat
Bex

Post by Bex »

I can add "Same Content" to the Custom Duplicate Search, that would help, wouldn't it?

All My Scripts
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Bex wrote:I can add "Same Content" to the Custom Duplicate Search, that would help, wouldn't it?
I don't think so. Same content is too constrained. PUID via Custom# (which you already support) is a better test.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Really useful script! Just one thing to say: I copied metadata from 73 songs and when I selected the 73 destination songs and clicked 'paste' MM freezed. After some seconds several error pop-ups came out (I'm using the debug build of MM3) at the same time. Those pop-ups were flashing so I had to terminate a couple of them to make the others stable. After I sent those error reports (like 6 or 7) MM began editing the tags and and the metadata were finally pasted and the source songs deleted (the script was set to delete source songs from library and computer with a confirmation dialog).
Any idea how to fix that? I mean, eventually the script made its job, but it caused several errors.
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Unfortunately that is a limitation of the debug build, if MM does not respond in 3-5 minutes you will get that error. You can either limit your changes to smaller batches or install the non-debug version.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Thanks!
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.