Sansa Clip playlist not working HELP!

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

telliott

Sansa Clip playlist not working HELP!

Post by telliott »

I've been asking at on the abi Sansa Clip forum for over a week with no solution yet. It has happened in the past but fixed itself.

My podcast playlist doesn't work. It shows all the tracks but I can't play them. Podcasts play find from the podcast menu but I listen at work and don't have time to keep searching for new podcast episodes when one ends. I NEED a working playlist. I have no audiobooks.

I did not make any setting changes when it stopped working. I'm thinking there is a corrupt file somewhere but how do I find it? I've tried reformatting and re syncing with no luck.

I have a V1 2 gig Clip, firmware V01.01.32A, and I'm using the latest RC1 (1240) of MM 3.1.

Thanks,
Tim
rusty

Re: Sansa Clip playlist not working HELP!

Post by rusty »

Tim,

I'm not sure I understand, can't you go directly to Genres > Podcasts and play all the podcasts?

Note: I don't have that particular device for testing.

-Rusty
telliott

Post by telliott »

Yes. I can access podcasts from the podcast menu but I need a working playlist. I'm using mtp mode, which worked for a long time, then it just stopped. No matter what I do, the playlist will not allow me to play anything. How can I make sure my MM playlist isn't corrupt.

Thanks,
Tim
telliott

Post by telliott »

Well...it worked for a while but once again the playlist is not working. I move to an entry, attempt to play it and nothing happens! This is aggravating since I didn't do anything different except upgrade to the latest beta. I'm using MM 1272. Even reformatting and re syncing everything didn't work. I'm guessing something is corrupt somewhere.

Alas, The clip will be sitting at home collecting dust till I figure out what is going on. I listen to podcasts at work and I can't take the time to hunt down the next podcast I want to listen to when one is over. THAT'S WHY I HAVE A PLAYLIST!

I'm tempted to just forgo the podcast feature of the clip and just classify everything as music to see if that works.

Any idea what's going on? I'm hoping it will be fixed in the next official release.

Thanks,
Tim
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

I use a Sansa Clip 2GB but don't sync podcasts by default (too much data). Have not had any problem playing individually synced podcasts from SansaTop->Music->Podcasts.

I just:
1)Created a new "Sansa Podcast" playlist and copied a few current unplayed podcast episodes to the playlist.
2)Added the playlist to the MM Sansa Clip auto-sync rules
3)On the Sansa set USB mode to MTP and Re-formatted the device.
4)Synced the device

After sync the two podcast episodes showed up as expected under Music->Podcasts and Music->Playlists->Sansa Podcast.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Did another update sync test with removed and new entries in the Sansa Podcast playlist.
Still working.

Also tested playing episode from Music->Playlists and then resuming play from Music->Podcasts. Worked fine.
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
telliott

Post by telliott »

No luck. I just upgraded to 3.1.2.1276 I just tried format, verify MTP mode, sync. No dice. The playlist is there but I can't click on anything. It's maddening. It worked fine till it stopped, same settings. That's why I think there's a corrupt file somewhere or something screwed in my player.

At least my first gen. Touch is working fine. I just wish it had external (physical) play controls.

Thanks,
Tim
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

What does your Sansa->Settings->System Info show?
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

You can update/refresh your Sansa system files here.
telliott

Post by telliott »

Thanks for your help. Here is what I posted on the abi forum. I think that the fact that I was able to play podcast episodes at all in a playlist was an accident.

I tried syncing music and the associated playlist is working fine. I think I have figured out what is going on here. In designing the podcast feature, some Sansa programmer decided they knew the best way to handle podcast playing and tried to lock out features they didn't think were related to podcast playing. For some reason, they decided playlists were for music ONLY. Go lists have been disabled for podcast episodes for a long time.

I think the solution is to classify everything as music and FORGET the podcast features built in to the Clip firmware.

Tim