Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Eyal

Re: Resources

Post by Eyal »

dypsis wrote:I have reported before about the problem with MR using resources and making MediaMonkey unresponsive. I find that the amount of time that MediaMonkey is unresponsive is directly related to the number of albums you have of the artist that is currently playing.
Some artists I have over 20-25 albums of. When I play them, MediaMonkey goes into "Not Responding" mode for well over a minute.
Yes that's true. The more albums it has, the more time it takes MR to iterate through the database. It's also directly related to your computer speed. On mine, 25 albums takes about 4-10 seconds.
You may want to reduce the albums number in the options to speed the script a bit. Tip: set "Album by order" to Random in that case.

Eyal :~)
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Eyal

Re: Monkey Rok 4.1 [MM2+3]

Post by Eyal »

trixmoto wrote:
gpzbc wrote:I would like to add a "Playlist" line to the Extra Info box. And I would like for it to list each playlist that includes the the now playing track. Is there a way to do this?
No, not at the moment, but I've added it to my list. :)
Gpzbc, actually you can list 'playing track' playlists with SongInfoPanel script. And it's quite fast.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

trixmoto wrote:No, not at the moment, but I've added it to my list. :)
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it.
Eyal wrote:Gpzbc, actually you can list 'playing track' playlists with SongInfoPanel script. And it's quite fast.
I have the SongInfo Panel installed, but I never considered using both SI and MR. There would be a bit of redundancy in their displays, but that could work nicely. Thanks.
--
The gpzbc
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Eyal wrote:
dypsis wrote:I have reported before about the problem with MR using resources and making MediaMonkey unresponsive. I find that the amount of time that MediaMonkey is unresponsive is directly related to the number of albums you have of the artist that is currently playing.
Some artists I have over 20-25 albums of. When I play them, MediaMonkey goes into "Not Responding" mode for well over a minute.
Yes that's true. The more albums it has, the more time it takes MR to iterate through the database. It's also directly related to your computer speed. On mine, 25 albums takes about 4-10 seconds.
You may want to reduce the albums number in the options to speed the script a bit. Tip: set "Album by order" to Random in that case.

I have a fairly new quad core computer with 4GB RAM, so I don't think it is computer related.
But I do have the order set to alphabetical (which I prefer). But I will try random order.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

For some reason, the <Year> field fails to show zeros in the date.

In the Extra Info Line I have "Year: <Year>" But albums with a date of "2006" show up as "Year: 26" in Monkey Rok. This seems to happen with all years that have zero in the date. So if it is "1990" it shows up as "Year: 199" in Monkey Rok.

Am I missing something? Thanks!
--
The gpzbc
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Eyal wrote:

I tried changing the sort orders to Random, but I didn't notice any improvement at all.

But thanks for offering the tip. :)

I am thinking that maybe the processes could be somehow split to avoid this problem when a user has a number of albums.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

gpzbc wrote:For some reason, the <Year> field fails to show zeros in the date.

In the Extra Info Line I have "Year: <Year>" But albums with a date of "2006" show up as "Year: 26" in Monkey Rok. This seems to happen with all years that have zero in the date. So if it is "1990" it shows up as "Year: 199" in Monkey Rok.

Am I missing something? Thanks!
Nevermind. I see where this has already been acknowledged and slated to be fixed in next release.
Thanks!
--
The gpzbc

Post by Guest »

Hey, wonderful scrips! Thanks a lot for it. Just one question: is it possible to hide the "now playing" section - i mean the first panel in monkey rok, where the album art and the play, pause, next etc. buttons appear - but still have the panel right below it, where the playlist of the current album is displayed?
I quite like it to have rapid access to other songs on the same album but don't use the now playing panel with extra player plus it shows album art again. Would be fine if thats possible though its just an asthetic-thing and not really necessary.

Thanks anyway!
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Try one of these css file edits:
trixmoto wrote:In that case you can try these two to see which works best for you...

Code: Select all

#info_content table { 
  display : none ; 
}

#info_left, #info_right { 
  display : none ; 
}
Stop Button Freak

Post by Guest »

Thanks vyper, for posting this. As I am not really into scripting: where exactly do I need to copy those line in? In the function.vbs or the MonkeyRok.vbs? Just copy them in or in a specific line?
I'd be glad for a short answer.

Thanks alot.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Neither one, actually. Go to whatever MonkeyRok skin you're using, open the skin.css file and either change the #info_right and left to the above or just add the #info_content one. :)
Stop Button Freak

Post by Guest »

Wunderful, that's just perfect.
Thanks a lot!
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

On behalf of trixmoto, you're welcome. :D
Stop Button Freak
Lord86

Post by Lord86 »

when i start mediamonkey i always get an error message that says "monkeyrok - language file "german.txt" hast extra string on line 186." when i click ok everything is working fine. could you please look at this, thanks.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Open the file and delete line 186 - it's probably a blank line at the end.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.