Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Genre Finder 4.1 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

Well that SQL isn't being created by the script itself, but it looks like two things are trying to query the database at the same time. If you switch off the "on play" setting, does the crash stop happening?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Aff

Post by Aff »

The error message says it happens in line 525, column 4 of genrefinder.vbs
If "on play" is deactivated, there is no more crash.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Can anyone else replicate this?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

No. I have been trying for about 15 minutes to force a conflict. No luck. I have seen SQL conflicts before, but, not specifically with GF. I have not used the GF OnPlay option previously.

Test case:
- Auto-DJ enabled and required on each new play
- Last.FM scrobbling with exclusion filter active
- Forced almost continuous podcast update scans (about 70 subscriptions).
- Cancel GF confirmation dialog when presented and force Next song.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Aff

Post by Aff »

Owyn wrote:(...)
I have no confirmation dialog with on play. It's set to manual.

The crash seems to happen only in combination of GenreFinder ("run ... on play" activated) and MonkeyFlow.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Aff wrote:
Owyn wrote:(...)
I have no confirmation dialog with on play. It's set to manual.
Tested that option. Did not like results, I had to undo several undesired genre changes. But, tested it.
The crash seems to happen only in combination of GenreFinder ("run ... on play" activated) and MonkeyFlow.
I don't use that script so can't comment.
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
flashk

Post by flashk »

Aff wrote:MM crashes with GenreFinder when I change to the next song (after a few songs).
The debug version says:

2.2 Address : 008904B8
2.3 Module Name : MediaMonkey.exe - (MediaMonkey - Audio Librar)
2.4 Module Version: 3.2.0.1294
2.5 Type : EAssertionFailed
2.6 Message : Error:_Starting a transaction while some query is open. Running queries are:_
SELECT Songs.*
FROM Songs
WHERE IDAlbum=4181 ORDER BY CAST(TrackNumber AS INTEGER) LIMIT 1
(C:\Sources\MediaMonkey 311\MP3Datab\SQLiteDB.pas, line 209).
2.7 ID : F8B3

Any idea?
That query is probably from the MonkeyFlow process. It uses SDB.Database.QuerySongs with that query to get the album art from a track.

trixmoto, does MediaMonkey not support multiple threads/processes accessing the database simultaneously? Would wrapping the call to QuerySongs inside a BeginTransaction/Commit prevent that error?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

All the queries within GenreFinder are wrapped with BeginTransaction/Commit, but I don't know about MonkeyFlow. If not then adding theses might fix the problem.
Manchuwook

Post by Manchuwook »

As a wishlist item for the script, I find myself doing find genre track, going back to options and changing it to album, find genre album, then back options and changing it to artist.

It would be very nice to have the option to do Track, Track > Album, Track > Album > Artist as part of the workflow. For instance, if I have "write when blank" and there are no hits with the individual track, it is possible that the album or artist will have their own tags.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've added it to my list, but last time I attempted to do this I failed miserably! :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Owyn wrote:Added Blacklist="Jazzapedia,Martin Scorsese%"

This kind of broke things, e.g.

Code: Select all

@http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=artist.getTopTags&api_key=6cfe51c9bf7e77d6449e63ac0db2ac24&artist=Count+Basie+Orchestra+with+Jimmy+Rushing
Genre 'Jazzapedia' is in blacklist.
Count Basie Orchestra with Jimmy Rushing - Going To Chicago Blues: Genre=Jazzapedia
Can you tell me exactly what all your lists were set to when this happened please? I haven't managed to replicate so far.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Will do, probably later today before I can work on it.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Trix:
I reproduced the problem immediately using settings Artist. my current very custom whitelist, and Genre Blacklist="Jazzapedia"

Runmode:artists
Suggestions...
Multiple values...
Cache cleared...
Owyn Patch... Version 02
@http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=artist.getTopTags&api_key=6cfe51c9bf7e77d6449e63ac0db2ac24&artist=The+Benny+Goodman+Sextet
Genre 'Jazzapedia' is in blacklist.
Genre 'King' is not in whitelist
The Benny Goodman Sextet - Rose Room: Genre=Jazz; Jazzapedia; King
The Benny Goodman Sextet - Rose Room: Genre=Jazz; Jazzapedia; King
Clearing up...
Seconds:0.03
Queries:1
Sec/Query:0.03
Confirmation...
Results should have been "Genre=Jazz"

The major difference in test results could be because I am clearing cache each run.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well I can't see you whitelist, but my guess is that you have both a white and black list for the same field - this is currently not "allowed" within the working of the script. Instead of having a whitelist and a blacklist (which still doesn't make sense in my head) it sounds like you should be using a modified whitelist. For example...

Genre = *-Jazzapedia
I guess I could look at allowing a blacklist to be used as a modify list, but isn't it easier just to modify the whitelist directly, as in my example?
trixmoto

Re: Genre Finder 4.2 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

New version (4.2) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed "Key not in collection" error
- Fixed "Object required: SDB.Tools.ArtistByName(...)" error
- Added extra log level to display SQL statements
- Added check to ignore purely numeric values
- Added option to clear cache before every run
- Added ability to translate "%POP%" to "Pop"
- Added option to perform action for unknown values
- Added ability to have multiple lists for the same field
- Fixed automatic genre whitelist including unused values
- Added option to select seed field for artist name
- Fixed invalid calls made when artist name is blank
- Added ability to have seven extra lists
- Added help button to describe list syntax
- Added option to allow automatic run when a track is ending
- Added option to delay the OnPlay automatic run

There are still new feature requests on my list for the next version, but as I'm back to work tomorrow I thought I'd release this new version before I got busy again. I would like to highlight the fact that the option sheet has now been split into two and that on the "Update lists" screen there is a help button which hopefully details how the lists work.

New in this version, lists can be used in combination; the whitelist is processed and then afterwards the blacklist is processed. The difference between using a modified whitelist (*Genre+%JAZZ%=Jazz-Jazzapedia) and a whitelist (*Genre+%JAZZ%=Jazz) and blacklist (Jazzapedia) for the same field, is that the first will allow "Jazzapedia" because of "%JAZZ%" whereas the second will not. I hope this makes sense! :)