MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

unclearchibaldroan

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.2.1 [MM3]

Post by unclearchibaldroan »

flashk wrote:
Guest wrote:Again:

just started MonkeyFlow 1 again and looked into the Log-File.
It's saying "** ERROR: Failed to create inbox" at the very beginn. Don't know if that may help ...

Log-File:

** ERROR: Failed to create inbox
Graphics driver info:
NVIDIA Corporation
GeForce 8400 GS/PCI/SSE2
** Load Time: 1.29 seconds
Max cover size: 0
Cache folder: c:\users\admin\appdata\local\temp\monkeyflow_cache
Found xxxx albums in MediaMonkey database
Loading File: coverflow/top.osg
Loading File: coverflow/bottom.osg
Based on the log file, you seem to be running an older version of MonkeyFlow. Make sure you are using the latest version and add winviz.exe (mentioned in my previous post) to your anti-virus white-list.
Now with an account... thanks so far for replying! I appreciate it!
Its weird, but I use the latest MediaMonkey Version 3.2.0.1294. Its still not working. I added the monkey.exe, monkeyflow.exe and the winviz.exe to the windows firewall, nothing happened. Then I deinstalled Comodo, just to see if that was the problem. It still didn't work. In addition I use the avira anti-virus software, the free one, and I didn't find anything similiar to a white-list where I can add those files. When I'm home tonight I will try to uninstall avira and see if that helps.
On the day that happened I'd installed spybot just to try it and first thought that monkeyflow not working had something to do with that, but I already deinstalled that and it didn't help. In the beginning I thought this program is still blocking something and I had to deal with it somehow, but since I read on the same day that Perien had exactly the same problem I wondered since I couldn't imagine he had the same software...

What kind of antivirus/spy/firewall-programs are you using, Perien? Did anything strange occured? I was so happy with the new monkeyflow version and really would like to get it working again ...

Thanks!
flashk

Post by flashk »

unclearchibaldroan wrote:Now with an account... thanks so far for replying! I appreciate it!
Its weird, but I use the latest MediaMonkey Version 3.2.0.1294. Its still not working. I added the monkey.exe, monkeyflow.exe and the winviz.exe to the windows firewall, nothing happened. Then I deinstalled Comodo, just to see if that was the problem. It still didn't work. In addition I use the avira anti-virus software, the free one, and I didn't find anything similiar to a white-list where I can add those files. When I'm home tonight I will try to uninstall avira and see if that helps.
On the day that happened I'd installed spybot just to try it and first thought that monkeyflow not working had something to do with that, but I already deinstalled that and it didn't help. In the beginning I thought this program is still blocking something and I had to deal with it somehow, but since I read on the same day that Perien had exactly the same problem I wondered since I couldn't imagine he had the same software...

What kind of antivirus/spy/firewall-programs are you using, Perien? Did anything strange occured? I was so happy with the new monkeyflow version and really would like to get it working again ...

Thanks!
Is MonkeyFlow.exe still in your Scripts/Auto directory? Maybe the anti-virus software moved or deleted it.
unclearchibaldroan

Yeah - it is indeed still in the right directory. Monkeyflow 1 is running perfect. 1.2 and 1.21 used to run wonderful til sunday afternoon.I really don't know what to do.I don't get why it is no problem to start the monkeyflow.exe and winivz.exe with Monkeyflow 1 but kinda block it in 1.2/1.21. Found the white-list in avira and added both the monkeyflow.exe and the winivz.exe to the scanner and the guard white list. There really isn't any more list that I can add those files too. Something is indeed blocking both files and I really don't know what and how. When I have the task-manager on and start mediamonkey I can see how the monkeyflow.exe and the winivz.exe are starting but then immediately are shut down. I deleted old registry-files yesterday with a programm called regseeker which wasn't too good 'cause the PC stopped working. After recovering older system-status it worked again, but still not monkeyflow. I guess I just have to live with it. Thanks anyway!
unclearchibaldroan

Now I was able to reproduce the error on my old xp system. Monkeyflow 1.21 ran very well. Then I installed spybot, tried a few things, Monkeyflow ran well. Than I did a scan and before doing the scan spybot asked to delete all temporary files. After he did that Monkeyflow didn't start. I really still don't understand why, temp files are created but it just isn't starting anymore. I really don't know what do change or how to get it back working but will try around a little more and if I find something, post it here...
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I just tried to install MF on a windows 2000 laptop and I keep getting the winziv.exe error. Have the latest MM. Will MF work on 2000?
flashk

Post by flashk »

rrfpacker wrote:I just tried to install MF on a windows 2000 laptop and I keep getting the winziv.exe error. Have the latest MM. Will MF work on 2000?
I've only tested MF on Windows XP SP3 and above, so it might not be compatible with 2000.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Thank you for the quick answer. Guess I'll quit trying to make it work. Works really well on my Vista, though.
robertjwarren

Post by robertjwarren »

i just installed this morning and am not getting album art

any help is appreciated

windows xp sp3
gege

Post by gege »

robertjwarren wrote:i just installed this morning and am not getting album art
<image>
any help is appreciated
windows xp sp3
A quick look at your screenshot...
...and I can assure you have an Intel GMA graphic processor (for non technical people, a low end on-board video solution).

In the first post of this thread, we can read:
MonkeyFlow is a 3D interface for browsing your album art, similar to iTunes CoverFlow. I targeted this addon towards multi-core computers with a modern graphics card. It makes heavy use of multiple threads and uses OpenGL hardware acceleration with 4x AA.
FAQ:

* MonkeyFlow initializes but all the images show up as blank white squares
MonkeyFlow uses certain OpenGL features that are not supported by older or low-end graphics drivers. Make sure your drivers are up to date, and if it still doesn't work then you are out of luck. I am working on a work around for this though.
robertjwarren

Post by robertjwarren »

Thanks for the reply!

This is an HP laptop...is the graphics upgradeable?

Thanks again
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

robertjwarren wrote:Thanks for the reply!

This is an HP laptop...is the graphics upgradeable?

Thanks again
No, your laptop uses integrated graphics. Your only hope is a video driver update which includes OpenGL support, but intel doesn't support it on quite a few of their integrated graphics drivers.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
flashk

Post by flashk »

robertjwarren wrote:i just installed this morning and am not getting album art

any help is appreciated

windows xp sp3
Can you post the contents of your monkeyflow.log file? The fact that MF initializes and that the other images appear correctly is strange. Maybe the log file can shed some light.
robertjwarren

Post by robertjwarren »

where is the file located?

Post by Guest »

Hey,

wanted to thank you guys!
It's working flawlessly for me and it just looks frickin' awesome :)
By far the best MM-Addon!
I really appreciate your effort!

Greetz from Germany, Madvillain
Aff

Post by Aff »

robertjwarren wrote:where is the file located?
It's in your temp folder, normally c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\