Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Re: Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Post by Guest »

Is there any way to put lyrics into ID3 tag collectively? I have about 10 thousand songs and tag every album apart is impossible. Please, give me some tips. Thanks.
maxpower

Re: Lyricator tagging same lyrics (from the 1st song) on all son

Post by maxpower »

Say wrote:
Paule wrote:
kingsizeprawn wrote:It's me the only one having the following problem with this extraordinary tool? I'm intermitently having this weird behaviour of the Lyricator (0.9.6) script on MM 3.10.1256:
When selecting a set of songs (let's say 10 or 15 songs), and starting Lyricator, its windows opens and it correctly finds all the lyrics for the list of songs. When clicking on Save, it saves the lyrics OF THE FIRST SONG on all the selected songs... so you must select again all but the first song, repeat the procedure (re-run lyricator) and save again. when an unknow circumstance (I've not been able to guess when) happens, all the songs are tagged with their right lyrics...
I have the same problem. Lyricator finds different lyrics, but when clicking save, it stores the lyrics of the first song in the queue to all the songs on the list. I am running the latest MM on XP. I tried de-installing and re-installing Lyricator but it did not help. Any idea?
Same problem (Win7, last update MM) :( How can I fix that? Or... Is there any alternatives of Lyricator?
same problem :(
running MM correctly on Win XP SP3
Batch Error

Post by Batch Error »

When I use Lyricator on individual songs it works great. However, when I use the batch function it puts all the lyrics as the first song selected.

Help please? :(
Say

Post by Say »

Heeey... Is anyone there to help? :(
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

I'm not sure, but I think the developer of this script no longer checks this thread. I REALLY wish some other enterprising scripter would though :D - I love it and am having some issues as well.
MM Gold since 2006
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Batch Error wrote:When I use Lyricator on individual songs it works great. However, when I use the batch function it puts all the lyrics as the first song selected.

Help please? :(
I could not reproduce this error.
e.g.
- Selected all tracks for Andrew Bird - Noble Beach
- Tools->Scripts->Lyricator
- Waited for lookups to complete
- Saved results
- Made Lyrics column visible

Individual lyrics saved as expected.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Javok

Post by Javok »

He always gives error when I try a few songs which the name or the tag is in the Eastern language, such as Japanese or Portuguese for example, is it anyway?
LoveYourMusic

Some batch lyrics taggers that actually work

Post by LoveYourMusic »

It's too bad that Lyricator appears to be dead! I tried it out myself, and, like others, all I got was an empty dialog box when running in MM3.

I ended up looking everywhere I could think of online for another option for several hours. It was surprisingly difficult to find something that worked. I finally ended up finding a few good batch lyrics taggers (unfortunately none of them are MediaMonkey plugins).

I wrote it all up on my blog: http://loveyourmusic.tv/content/adding- ... et-it-done
Like this post? Then you might be interested in more tips, tricks and howtos from the:
* Love Your Music blog -- Helping you love your music more, one blog post at a time: http://loveyourmusic.tv
* Love Your Music book -- Always listen to music you love by harnessing today's music technology! Find out how with the Love Your Music eBook: http://loveyourmusicbook.com
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

I don't understand why others are having problems. Like Owyn, mine works just fine. Image

Windows 7 64-bit ... latest MM.
Stop Button Freak
G-DIABLO

Post by G-DIABLO »

When I use Lyricator on individual songs it works great. However, when I use the batch function it puts all the lyrics as the first song selected
i don't think it lyricator problem.
i also had this problem but after close and reopen MM it gone.
and i also have this problem when i try auto tag from web. it save the tags of the first in all the songs.
so i think it MM problem some how.
He always gives error when I try a few songs which the name or the tag is in the Eastern language, such as Japanese or Portuguese for example, is it anyway
about this, lyricator have problems with special character and languages that are not english.
i rewrite the script and now it work with hebrew songs.

im a programmer and i already know the code of lyricator, so i will take a look again and try to fix this 2 main problems:
* save lyrics of the first songs to all the other.
* skip songs with special chars instead of just stop the script.

i hope i will have time today.
if there is any big issues please let me know.
forgetfulness

Post by forgetfulness »

I had lyricator previously & it worked fine but recently I uninstalled mediamonkey & reinstalled it. Now I can't get lyricator to install, it just gives me an error message: "Product Installation Error."

I don't know what I did to make it not work anymore. :/
jonp

Post by jonp »

Run MediaMonkey as Administrator and then install Lyricator.
LoveYourMusic

Post by LoveYourMusic »

jonp wrote:Run MediaMonkey as Administrator and then install Lyricator.
Running as administrator did eventually help me, but it took a while. It took me several tries to get this to (kind of) work.

In addition, Lyricator still won't actually look up lyrics for me. It just spins and spins. It's been doing this for 20+ minutes: Image.
I've tried it on several different songs. I've tried selecting a single song and selecting multiple songs. It doesn't seem to make a difference.

Anyway, at least I get this far. I used to only get an empty dialog box or other strange errors.

Here are the details on what I had to do to get this far.

1. Start MediaMonkey as the Administrator user. Right click on the start menu icon or quick launch icon and click "Run as administrator."
2. Uninstall currently installed Lyricator. Go to "Tools" -> "Extensions...", select Lyricator and click "Uninstall".
3. Uninstalling did not complete successfully. I had to delete the Lyricator script file manually. Delete C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\Lyricator.vbs
4. Close MediaMonkey and start again as admin. Not sure if this is necessary, but since the Lyricator uninstall didn't work, I thought it best to restart.
5. Download the Lyricator ZIP file from http://tiptoes.hobby-site.com/mbz/lastfm/lyricator.zip. I found this link on page 18 of this thread in a message by sommo. See message: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 55#p207898.
Is this the right place to find Lyricator?
6. Install lyricator: unzip lyricator, and, with MediaMonkey still being run by the admin user, double click on lyricator.mmip. Lyricator install finishes.
7. I select some songs and go to Tools -> Scripts -> Lyricator. I get the Lyricator dialog box which never seems to actually look up the songs.

System info:
MediaMonkey Gold version 3.2.0.1294
Windows Vista Ultimate

Does anyone have any more tips to get this to work?
Like this post? Then you might be interested in more tips, tricks and howtos from the:
* Love Your Music blog -- Helping you love your music more, one blog post at a time: http://loveyourmusic.tv
* Love Your Music book -- Always listen to music you love by harnessing today's music technology! Find out how with the Love Your Music eBook: http://loveyourmusicbook.com
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

LoveYourMusic wrote:
Does anyone have any more tips to get this to work?
This is happening for me lately as well, but it has worked for me before. I think that the site that lyricator uses is down or has changed its address.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Working just fine for me.
Stop Button Freak