Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

RomanesEuntDomus

Re: Genre Finder 4.2 [MM2+3] - Updated 03/01/2010

Post by RomanesEuntDomus »

bloomer wrote:
No, not just that. The current version isn't returning tags for some untagged or inadequately tagged tracks where previously it had found tags.
I have the same problem (Windows 7, MM 3.2.0.1294). My genrefinder.log for a tag-free "The Beatles - Getting Better" looks like this:

Code: Select all

Runmode:artists
Genre blacklist: Seen Live; Live
Custom2 blacklist: Seen Live; Live
Suggestions...
Multiple values...
Artist seed field is Artist (ArtistName)...
@http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=artist.getTopTags&api_key=6cfe51c9bf7e77d6449e63ac0db2ac24&artist=The+Beatles
Genre 'Classic Rock' translated to ''
Custom2 'Classic Rock' translated to ''
Genre 'Rock' translated to ''
Custom2 'Rock' translated to ''
Genre 'British' translated to ''
Custom2 'British' translated to ''
[it goes on like this for another mile]

The Beatles - Getting Better: Genre=[Unbekannt]
The Beatles - Getting Better: Custom2=[Unbekannt]
Clearing up...
Seconds:0,32
Queries:1
Sec/Query:0,32
Confirmation...
Any ideas?
trixmoto

Re: Genre Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/01/2010

Post by trixmoto »

This definitely looks like a bug, I'll have to investigate.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Re: Genre Finder 4.3 - Updated 22/01/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (4.3) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed encoding unicode characters in upper range
- Fixed black list only not working correctly
- Added ability to translate "Pop%Rock" to "Pop/Rock"

@Owyn - as you can see I've added your wildcard-in-the-middle code, but kept the wildcard consist with the other modes (% instead of *).
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gpzbc

Re: Genre Finder 4.2 [MM2+3] - Updated 03/01/2010

Post by gpzbc »

Owyn wrote:
bloomer wrote:
gpzbc wrote:Unfortunately, I get a "no suggested changes" every time I try to use the script. It doesn't seem correct to be getting that message since I am trying to add a genre to common artists such as, Bruce Springsteen, U2, etc.
I've seen this too with the new version, verified on songs which were tagged fine by the previous version and songs with no tags.
This means that the current values for Genre are identical to the found values for Genre.

e.g. I ran GF on a collection of poorly tagged tracks, got and applied the suggested changes, and then reran GF on the same collection. On the re-run there were "No suggested changes".
Somehow I lost track of this forum thread. But I downloaded and installed the newest version, and I keep getting the same "No suggested changes" message. I don't understand it.

I tried to find the genre for a Bob Marley song and also for a Bob Dylan song. Both of which have a blank genre field.
I increased the log value to 4 - Timings and here is what I get in the logfile.

6:49:27 PM Runmode:artists
6:49:27 PM Cache cleared...
6:49:28 PM Suggestions...
6:49:28 PM Artist seed field is Artist (ArtistName)...
6:49:28 PM @http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=artist.getTopTags&api_key=6cfe51c9bf7e77d6449e63ac0db2ac24&artist=Bob+Marley+%26+The+Wailers
6:49:28 PM Clearing up...
6:49:28 PM Seconds:0.07
6:49:28 PM Queries:1
6:49:28 PM Sec/Query:0.07
6:49:28 PM Confirmation...
And here are my settings FWIW.

I really am stumped. Nothing will make this script work for me.
Thanks!
--
The gpzbc
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

I haven't gone back and looked to see why you have your settings the way you do but these are mine and the script works fine for me:

Stop Button Freak
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thanks for your input. I just configured my settings to be exactly the same as your settings. And unfortunately, I get "no suggested changes" every single time I run it.
I really am stumped.
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Have you modified the logfile in anyway? The reason I ask is because all the lists should be output between "cache cleared" and "suggestions", and you don't have any. What lists have you setup? Can you confirm the version number of the script you are using?
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

trixmoto wrote:Have you modified the logfile in anyway? The reason I ask is because all the lists should be output between "cache cleared" and "suggestions", and you don't have any. What lists have you setup? Can you confirm the version number of the script you are using?
No, I haven't modified the logfile at all. I copied and pasted the output exactly as it was. I am using version 4.3

I haven't really done anything with the lists yet. Could that be contributing to my problem? I was under the impression that the script would work without any list modifications, however it wouldn't give as specific of results. But I'm getting the opposite effect, no results.
--
The gpzbc
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Oh, I think I just figured it out. It was a problem with my lists.

Like I said, I haven't started playing with the lists at all, because I've never gotten the script to start working for me. But after typing my last reply I poked around the lists some more. My Genre field was set to "white" and the rules box was blank. That was obviously causing some sort of conflict. Once I changed "white" to "none" it started working again. I guess I assumed that it wouldn't matter as long as the "rules" box was blank.

Thanks for your help Owyn and Vyper. Sorry I didn't notice all of my settings before bothering you all. :oops:
Last edited by gpzbc on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
The gpzbc
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

@Trix:
Error in mid @1124. Needed fix to test len(s).

Revised code @1119

Else
      j = InStr(t,"%")
      If j > 1 Then
		If Len(s) >= Len(t)-1 Then
			u = Mid(t,j+1)
			t = Left(t,j-1)&u
			u = Mid(s,Len(s)-Len(u)+1)
			s = Left(s,j-1)&u
		End If
      End If  
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

gpzbc wrote:Oh, I think I just figured it out. It was a problem with my lists.

Like I said, I haven't started playing with the lists at all, because I've never gotten the script to start working for me. But after typing my last reply I poked around the lists some more. My Genre field was set to "white" and the rules box was blank. That was obviously causing some sort of conflict. Once I changed "white" to "none" it started working again. I guess I assumed that it wouldn't matter as long as the "rules" box was blank.

Thanks for your help. Sorry I didn't notice all of my settings before bothering you all. :oops:
Cool beans. Glad you got it working. :)
Stop Button Freak
iamsid

Post by iamsid »

i seem to be having a problem with the confirmation option. seems when i select "Always", and run on more than one item, I get a: "Error #457, this key is already associated with another element of this collection, File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey3\Scripts\Auto\GenreFinder.vbs" Line 849 Column 4" message.

Anyone have any ideas about what I may have done to screw things up?
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Seems to be a duplicate track. Could you get a GF log (level 3) of the error(%TEMP%\GenfreFinder.log).
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Superfrodo

Post by Superfrodo »

@iamsid
I had the same problem. Seemed that Mediamonkey was showing duplicate records in the library for the same file on disk.
Just search for the artist + title and see for your self if this is the case. If so: just delete the track from the library (both records dissapear) and do a full rescan to get the track added again. Now everything should be fine again. This was the problem in my case.
Hope this helps.
Kevinowpb

Post by Kevinowpb »

Getting a lot of errors..

Usually within the first 2 seconds of a track playing..

this is one example:

Error# 2147418113 - SongsDB.SDBDatabase
[SafeCall Exception]: Error: Starting a transactions while some query is open. Running queries are:
SELECT Songs.*
FROM Songs
WHERE IDAlbum= 25567 ORDER BY CAST (TrackNumber AS INTERGER) LIMIT 1

(C:\Sources\MediaMonkey 311\MP3Datab\SQLiteDB.pas, line209)
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\GenreFinder.vbs", Line 842, Column: 4

<end of error>

Version 4.3 of Genre Finder, Log level set to 3

( I DONT KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE LOG TO POST WHAT IT SAYS)..