Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

axel

Re: Some batch lyrics taggers that actually work

Post by axel »

LoveYourMusic wrote:It's too bad that Lyricator appears to be dead! I tried it out myself, and, like others, all I got was an empty dialog box when running in MM3.

I ended up looking everywhere I could think of online for another option for several hours. It was surprisingly difficult to find something that worked. I finally ended up finding a few good batch lyrics taggers (unfortunately none of them are MediaMonkey plugins).

I wrote it all up on my blog: http://loveyourmusic.tv/content/adding- ... et-it-done

I have been looking for a way to get batch lyrics to my HQ music collection (mainly wma) and then convert those to mp3 and get the lyrics on to my iphone. I have not tried Batch Lyrics... since it seems to much trouble. However, i found another program that has worked just fine - MetatOGGer. Though that I should share it if since I been helped by all the discussions in the forum.

http://www.luminescence-software.org/in ... 53&lang=en

Have tried it for a couple of days and it works fine, at least up to a 100 songs at the same time works. I am also using Trixmotos search script (missing lyrics... something - dont remeber the exact name) to find which songs do not have lyrics which helps a lot.

I have also downloaded Minilyrics to get synched lyrics displayed. I can not save to my HQ music since it only works for mp3 so I save the lyrics to file instead. Does anyone know how I can embedd these synched lyrics to my wma files?

Thanks,

Axel
jonp

Re: Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Post by jonp »

G-DIABLO - just wondering if you have had a chance to look at the "same first lyrics to all songs" problem? Thanks.
G-DIABLO

Post by G-DIABLO »

not yet sorry.
i am busy with my studies.
but in 3 weeks i will finish the exams of this simester, and then i have 2 months free.
so you have to wait a little but i promise to look at this, as soon as possilbe.

good night.
jonp

Post by jonp »

no rush - any help is appreciated!
Peke

Post by Peke »

+1 for no rush.

Exams are priorities and they gone good that you will be more happy to help us.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
svenni

Post by svenni »

1st, great work.

Just found it and it did't work the first time, it just hung. Then I checked properties and found that the look-up servers was unchecked at default. Checking them made it work.

S
Music is great!
MM with:
AutoAccRate 2.4.2, Blue Monkey 2.1, Backup 5.1, AutoAlbumDJ 3.5, Last100.. node, ClearNowPlayingButton 1.2, Monkey Rok, Last FM DJ and Scrobbler that scrobbles!
winterminute

Post by winterminute »

I'm bulk adding lyrics and everything seems to work really well (nice job!), but sometimes right when I launch this script I get this error:

Code: Select all

Error #5 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Invalid procedure call or argument
File: "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\Lyricator.vbs", Line: 296, Column: 1
I'm pretty sure it has to do with one of the files that I've selected, but I haven't been able to narrow it down to one file. Is there some extra debug logging so I can see which file it is processing maybe that will help figure what's different about the files it can't process.

By the way, nice job on this script - This is a great "it just works" script.
homersheineken

Post by homersheineken »

LoveYourMusic wrote:
jonp wrote:Run MediaMonkey as Administrator and then install Lyricator.
Running as administrator did eventually help me, but it took a while. It took me several tries to get this to (kind of) work.

In addition, Lyricator still won't actually look up lyrics for me. It just spins and spins. It's been doing this for 20+ minutes: Image.
I've tried it on several different songs. I've tried selecting a single song and selecting multiple songs. It doesn't seem to make a difference.

Anyway, at least I get this far. I used to only get an empty dialog box or other strange errors.

Here are the details on what I had to do to get this far.

1. Start MediaMonkey as the Administrator user. Right click on the start menu icon or quick launch icon and click "Run as administrator."
2. Uninstall currently installed Lyricator. Go to "Tools" -> "Extensions...", select Lyricator and click "Uninstall".
3. Uninstalling did not complete successfully. I had to delete the Lyricator script file manually. Delete C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\Lyricator.vbs
4. Close MediaMonkey and start again as admin. Not sure if this is necessary, but since the Lyricator uninstall didn't work, I thought it best to restart.
5. Download the Lyricator ZIP file from http://tiptoes.hobby-site.com/mbz/lastfm/lyricator.zip. I found this link on page 18 of this thread in a message by sommo. See message: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 55#p207898.
Is this the right place to find Lyricator?
6. Install lyricator: unzip lyricator, and, with MediaMonkey still being run by the admin user, double click on lyricator.mmip. Lyricator install finishes.
7. I select some songs and go to Tools -> Scripts -> Lyricator. I get the Lyricator dialog box which never seems to actually look up the songs.

System info:
MediaMonkey Gold version 3.2.0.1294
Windows Vista Ultimate

Does anyone have any more tips to get this to work?
Same thing happens here. Every once in a while i'll get a batch through, but it happens maybe once in 20 times.
winterminute

Post by winterminute »

Anyone have an idea what's causing the "Invalid procedure call" error?
G-DIABLO

Post by G-DIABLO »

yes,
it happens when you have special chars on the name or the artist like ~ or something like this.
i hope i would have time to fix it soon.

anyway just rename the song, or dont run the script on this files.
cooperg21

Post by cooperg21 »

G-DIABLO wrote:yes,
it happens when you have special chars on the name or the artist like ~ or something like this.
i hope i would have time to fix it soon.

anyway just rename the song, or dont run the script on this files.
I am perfectly okay with not running this script on tags with special or foreign tags. To streamline this process, does anyone know of a way to just create an auto-playlist of English only characters? (A-Z, 0-9)

That way, I could just run the script on the auto-playlist and not run into this issue.

By the way, hope your exams went well G-DIABLO. Thank you for your help in trying to update this great script!

Post by Guest »

Is it just title and artist or are there other fields to check? Do you know which chars are a problem?
G-DIABLO

Post by G-DIABLO »

i think just artist and title.
i just start to check it, and i figure out that it is not on the java script part, probably it's on the vbs part, and this part is more complicated and im not strong at vbs but i will try to solve it anyway.

there is a lot of problematic chars, and i dont know even how to call part of them.

until now what i did is, i run the script on groups of about 30 songs, and if get error then i search the problematic song and change him or dont run the script of it. but i agree it's very annoying.
if it was in the jave script part i could tell him to ignore problematic files, and run for the other, but because it's not there i need to find where is the problem first.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

It is not all special characters, e.g. I just ran Lyricator without problems on a collection of tracks with "Björk" in Artist or Composer or OriginalArtist.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Suggest that as a first cut for a change add a e.g. "Lyricator.log" function to the program.

Log each track as it is added to the test list and then log it again as they are tested. That would help in isolating problem cases.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies