Unable to burn data CD

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

jacksquat

Unable to burn data CD

Post by jacksquat »

I am unable to burn a data (mp3) CD anymore with MediaMonkey 3.2.0.1294. I have done this dozens of times before with previous versions of MM, and have tried so many options and burned through at least 15 CDs and I am starting to get discouraged. Seriously thinking about going back to 3.1.

I always get this:

Disc 1 (copy 1) burn failed: Could not write the image layout to the disk.

Here is my hpCDE.log file:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/miutjct43gj/hpCDE.log
This created using the latest mediamonkey debug build.

I am using Windows 7 on a Dell Studio 15 laptop, which used to work great.

Any help is much appreciated.
Ludek

Re: Unable to burn data CD

Post by Ludek »

From the log I see the medium has only 300 MB or free space.
Does this problem is related to the particular medium or it fails also for a blank disc?
Could you attach also standard MediaMonkey debug log generated by DbgView app, thx.
welberger

Post by welberger »

Hi there,

I do have the same problem. Since I changed to Windows 7 I am not able to burn an audio CD. I'm using Media Monkey 3.2.0.1294 and every time I start burning a CD it works up to 2 or 4 % and then it crashes. I'm not even able to get the CD out of my drive - everything just freezes. I do have to restart the complete system to have access to the CD drive again.

What's the problem?

Burning audio CDs using Windows or other tools is no problem at all. Is there any help available?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

welberger wrote:Hi there,

I do have the same problem. Since I changed to Windows 7 I am not able to burn an audio CD. I'm using Media Monkey 3.2.0.1294 and every time I start burning a CD it works up to 2 or 4 % and then it crashes. I'm not even able to get the CD out of my drive - everything just freezes. I do have to restart the complete system to have access to the CD drive again.

What's the problem?

Burning audio CDs using Windows or other tools is no problem at all. Is there any help available?
Your problem is known and is tracked here: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6234
jacksquat

Post by jacksquat »

Hello, and thank you for the reply.
From the log I see the medium has only 300 MB or free space.
Does this problem is related to the particular medium or it fails also for a blank disc?
I always start with a fresh CD, don't know why it is only reporting 300 MB of free space, maybe this is a clue? When I watch the progress, it says "burning" and then jumps from 0 to 100% in a couple of seconds. It then spins for about 30 seconds after which i get the error. The disc then has some data burned on it (maybe desktop.ini or something), just no music files.

I am using a custom file format (one of the reasons I love MM), this always worked before, could this be a problem?
Could you attach also standard MediaMonkey debug log generated by DbgView app, thx

I will try this on my next CD burn attempt.

Thank you.
welberger

Post by welberger »

Ludek wrote:
welberger wrote:Hi there,

What's the problem?

Your problem is known and is tracked here: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6234
Hi Ludek,

thank you for the hint. But I am not really sure what to make out of it. I can see that the bugs status is assigned and the resolution is fixed - now what do I have to do get the bug fixed in my MM version? Or do I have to wait for a new version to come out?

Best
achim
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, unfotunatelly http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6234 hasn't been fully fixed yet. We are waiting for PrimoBurner ltd. , they will incorporate the fix in the next version of PrimoBurner (3.0.7) and then we will release new version.
tobinu

Post by tobinu »

welberger wrote: I do have the same problem. Since I changed to Windows 7 I am not able to burn an audio CD. I'm using Media Monkey 3.2.0.1294 and every time I start burning a CD it works up to 2 or 4 % and then it crashes. I'm not even able to get the CD out of my drive - everything just freezes. I do have to restart the complete system to have access to the CD drive again.

What's the problem?

I am having the exact same issue on Vista. Is there any resolution?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

tobinu wrote: I am having the exact same issue on Vista. Is there any resolution?
Look at the post directly above yours.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Just Jeff

Post by Just Jeff »

I fixed mine by reducing the burn speed. http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=36