Monkey Server 0.97 (2011-04-10) [MM3] w/Squeezebox Support

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

astrakid

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.93 (2009-10-29) [MM3]

Post by astrakid »

@jednie: correct, just play music where mediamonkey is installed, but control that instance from anywhere via a webinterface.

regards,
astrakid
pyr0000

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.92 (2009-09-15) [MM3]

Post by pyr0000 »

dmets wrote:
jednie wrote:
astrakid wrote:Hi,

I didn't use the monkeyserver, but it looks very nice. Does it support jukebox-mode? means to control the mediamonkey installed on the server via the monkeyserver (which will resist on the same machine as mediamonkey)?
I am not interested in streaming music but have all music on a central server connected to my main loudspeakers. Is that possible with monkeyserver?
astrakid,

This is an interesting idea and I think it would be fairly easy to implement. So if I understand you correctly you just want the music to play on the PC where Monkey Server is running rather than the PC that is accessing Monkey Server remotely. Is this correct?

jednie
That is exactly what we would like. So my wife and I could control what is playing on our central server. That server feeds audio to our whole house and to a shoutcast station. We currently get up and control via computer, but we are looking for a way to use our wi-fi enabled cell phones as remotes to control the music. What you proposed Jednie would be exactly what we are looking for (or possibly the option to control whether the server or the remote gets the audio).

Thanks.
Exactly what i want too. this would be perfect, much better then whats available today.
I would love some smart phone interaction as well. simple skin for another port number or something.
I paid for mediaremote for my palm pre but it only allows you to browse playlists i would love to be able to browse by Genres, artists, ect.
Thanks so much!
edit: Look here-> http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=14709 maybe u could use some of this code too.
Paperclip, The

Post by Paperclip, The »

I've been using this awesome plugin for a while now and I have to say I'm really liking it. The only thing I would like to see is an build in web player and smartphone/iphone compatibility. (I've probably enraged some coders here) It's probably to much to ask, but I'll keep hoping.
Peke

Post by Peke »

I haven't tested Muct But I guess that iMonkey(Iphone/Android) + (Edcast (MM Plugin) + IceCast (Server) for streaming MP3s) would do the trick you want
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
vanmeterannie

Post by vanmeterannie »

I can get this to work in Firefox flawlessly, but in IE I keep getting "IP Address is not allowed".

And too, is there any way to make my iphone see this page when I'm on the same network as my computer running Monkey Server?
Big Isch

Post by Big Isch »

Hello,
really Great Add-on.

I'm having problem using the VLC-Multimedia Plug-In (Version 1.0.3).
When trying to play a track, black screen appears in browser with message "Waiting for Video".

When I choose in Firefoxes "Application" option to download the m3u file - it plays well in VLC player.
Also when choosing in firefoxes application option "Vlc.exe" to play the M3U file, it works well.

But it would be really great, to be able to use the VLC-Multimedia Plug-In ! :D

Can I provide more information ?

kind regards
djmt99

Post by djmt99 »

Any chance of getting support for auto-playlists?
Disc Jockey (DJ & VJ) ; AV & Lighting Tech ; Music Lover of all types
MediaMonkey Gold - Proud Lifetime License holder, Since Aug 2008
jednie

Post by jednie »

djmt99 wrote:Any chance of getting support for auto-playlists?
I just added support for AutoPlaylists in the latest release.

jednie
jednie

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.94 (2010-02-22) [MM3]

Post by jednie »

The new AutoPlaylist feature works by saving an AutoPlaylist to a child playlist called "<<AUTOPLAYLISTNAME>> Saved". This saved version of an AutoPlaylist can be filtered and sorted just like a static playlist. A listing of all of your AutoPlaylists will be displayed on a separate tab.

This new feature requires a copy of MediaMonkey to be installed on the same PC that is running Monkey Server. While an AutoPlaylist is being saved MediaMonkey will launch and then close once the AutoPlaylist has been saved.

I also added the ability to sort each listing. You will now find Shuffle as one of the sort options rather than a separate checkbox.

Let me know if you have any questions.

jednie
jednie

Re: Monkey Server 0.95 (2010-05-21) [MM3] w/Remote Control

Post by jednie »

I just released Version 0.9.5 that includes the following changes

New Features
- Remote control of MediaMonkey player on the server so that audio files play at server instead of client
- PlayCounter and LastTimePlayed are now updated.
- User Permissions were added to restrict who can do funtions such as remote control
- Improved multi-user support
- Context menus provide significant functionality without cluttering the interface.
- Improved framework
- Playlist maintenance allows adding and removing songs from playlist
- Dynamic (no page reload) clouds

Modifications
- AutoPlaylist will now be saved using the User's name

Bug Fixes
- Search form 'Clear' button wasn't functioning

Let me know if you have any problems with it.

Thanks,
jednie
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Wow:

I think I need to re-install Monkey Server. :)
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
doormatt

Post by doormatt »

Hi,
I am unable to get the "remote" function to work. I am able to play locally on server and another laptop. When I click on the "remote" link on webpage on either server or laptop I get:

An error has occurred.

System.Exception: Unable to start MediaMonkey application. This feature requires MediaMonkey to be installed on the same PC that is running Monkey Server.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {148F7BB6-4943-4C53-8E30-0F9115D30283} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
at MonkeyServer.MediaMonkey.GetMediaMonkeyApp(Boolean keepOpen)
at MonkeyServer.MediaMonkey.GetMediaMonkeyApp(Boolean keepOpen)
at MonkeyServer.MediaMonkey.GetNowPlayingList(Int32& SongCount, Int32 firstSong, Int32 SongsPerPage)
at MonkeyServer.Page.DisplayData()
at MonkeyServer.Page.ProcessRequest(Request& theRequest, Response& theResponse, Permissions thePermissions)
at MonkeyServer.ServerConnection.HandleRequest()

My interest in this is to be able to "remote" control the media center computer (server) hooked up to the tv and sound using laptop.
thanks,
jednie

Post by jednie »

doormatt,

Is MediaMonkey installed on the same PC that you are running Monkey Server on? If so, what version of MediaMonkey are you running? Was MediaMonkey already running at the time that you click the 'Remote' link?

Thanks,
jednie
doormatt

Post by doormatt »

MM Version 3.2.0.1294

Same error with MM running and MM not running.

thanks,matt
jednie

Post by jednie »

matt,

Do you have User Access Control enabled? I wonder if Monkey Server doesn't have permission to launch or access MediaMonkey. Can you launch Monkey Server with admin privileges?

jednie