Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2020.04.19 [MM3][MM4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Teknojnky

Re: Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2009.08.17 [MM3]

Post by Teknojnky »

If you mean that you can't expand the artist, tag, etc nodes, its probably because you have not added anything. Click the last.fm icon on the toolbar, it should be a black or red AS button, there you can add the currently playing artist/tag or enter your own.

clicking on the root last.fm node, loads similar tracks to the track that is playing
clicking on the artist/tag/etc will load the top tracks of the artist/tag that is playing.
alexdodd

Post by alexdodd »

I love the direction this script is taking, its really an essential add-on to MM. But is it possible to bring back the type in your own tag last.fm search, so i can search for tags that i might not be playing, its a little unwieldy to be using favourites when i just want a quick throw away tag... Just a pop up box like of old would be perfect!
jtan189

Post by jtan189 »

I'd just like to say that this is the best MM script I've come across - or at least, most useful for me. I'm currently reading through all the posts to learn more about it (and out of curiosity). Haven't tested it out extensively, but I've listened to the Auto-DJ mode for about 3 hours now, and it's wonderful. I've heard so many songs in my library that I love that I haven't had to time to test out one-by-one.

Once I get some time, I'm going to look through all the code to see if I can make a few custom changes here and there to best suit my own library. Thanks Teknojnky (and everyone who helped him). Pretty sure that I'm gonna try my hand at scripting something for MM one of these days. You've inspired me! :)
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

glad you like it I pretty much use it 100% myself, check out the options (mouse over for more info), there is alot of flexibility there to customize at least for dj mode.
Timelezz

Post by Timelezz »

1) How can I delete tags I used? - Some tags I just gave a try to see if it would reply with a result. How to remove those tags?

2) I experience that Last.fm node keeps coming with the same enqueue suggestions for a tag. And I set that I don't want to hear the same artist within 60 days, or song in 10 days (240h). Why does it still come up with the very same songs?
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

1) unfortunately the only way to delete the nodes you've added it is removing them from the lastfmnode.vbs.ini file manually.

2) not sure what you mean, when accessing the tracks from the nodes, the tracks that are returned only change when last.fm changes. If you mean last.fm dj mode, the variety is controlled by the options and how large your library is, if you have a smaller library or you set the repeat options too soon then you will get the same artists/tracks more often.

It all comes down to what last.fm recommends, and whats in your library.
Timelezz

Post by Timelezz »

Thank you for your quick reply Teknojnky!

1) Unfortunate, but I am handy enough to do this.
2) I have 50,000k+ songs. Can I change the script so it controls for last played tracks as well, as it does in DJ mode?
fuzzynavel

Post by fuzzynavel »

Quick question - what setting do I need to make the script only queue unrated tracks? I tried changing the -1 to 0, but it still returns rated tracks. Am I misunderstanding this setting? I tried reading the logs but couldn't find any information about ratings, so I assume I'm not doing something right...
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

fuzzynavel wrote:Quick question - what setting do I need to make the script only queue unrated tracks? I tried changing the -1 to 0, but it still returns rated tracks. Am I misunderstanding this setting? I tried reading the logs but couldn't find any information about ratings, so I assume I'm not doing something right...
That sets minimum rating to be included, not maximum, as you appear to be looking for.

Ummm. You might be able to do this via a filter (if the script uses MM active filter).
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

@ timelezz, the sort option should work for both as I recall, by default it sorts for highest bitrate, there are a few options and you can sort by asc or desc

@ fuzzynavel, owyn is correct there is not 'max' rating, only a minimum, but you can use the filters to restrict the exact stuff you want to use as potential tracks
fuzzynavel

Post by fuzzynavel »

I see... Thanks for the quick response. I'll investigate the filters - that is a feature of mediamonkey I haven't really explored.
Timelezz

Post by Timelezz »

Teknojnky wrote:the sort option should work for both as I recall, by default it sorts for highest bitrate, there are a few options and you can sort by asc or desc
I'm sorry to say, but the sort option does not work. Tried several times, and even restarted MM for it. It stays in random order. Whether I choose ascending or descending order does not make a difference. The plug-in produces the very same list in the very same order. Any solutions to fix this? Would be great if the ordering works :)
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

it works for me, but I'm not sure your understanding where the sort is taking place..

the sort takes place in the query, not in the track list.

the track list is ordered by whatever last.fm returns.

the sort in the query, determines which files are added to the track list in the case of multiples.

for example if you have 6 copies of 'money for nothing' with differnt bitrates, date added, date played, and played counts, only 1 track will be shown... which one depends on the sort selected, which by default is the highest bit rate available for 'money for nothing'.

there is no plans to sort the track list, because the whole point is to return the order that last.fm returns.

you can however simply click on any of the columns to sort manually (hold control to sort multiples).
alexdodd

Post by alexdodd »

Sorry i still wonder is it possible to have temporary throw away tags, how one of the old versions used to perform. Sometimes i want to test a tag or just use it once or twice, in most cases if i like a tag i'm more likely to save it as a playlist meaning it doesnt really need to be saved tag in the nodes if you understand? Its just duplication...
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

whatever current song is playing, you can click the root nodes and it will pull other tracks based on the current track/artist/tag. (tag = genre)

so if you don't want to add a tag, just play a song with a tag you want, then click the tags node itself. It will list all the songs you have of the last.fm tag thats playing.