Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

molnium

Re: Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Post by molnium »

i have a strange addition to add here:
for me the script (version 0.9.6b) seems to work fine (only when logged in as administrator) - but then i realized that all lyrics written in the different files where the same - those from the first selected track!
Thats strange! it displays the correct lyrics in the preview window (where you can see the progress), but it always writes the lyrics of the first track into all selected files....
I also uninstalled and reinstalled the Script, but this doesnt change anything.

greetings

##edit
oops, sorry to reiterate on this problem! :)
nevertheless i tried the suggested solution (uninstall, delete file (it wasnt there), reinstall) but it's still the same :) (i am doing everything as administrator)...
Last edited by molnium on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

This has been addressed a number of times in this thread and I don't think anyone's figured out why yet. It works fine for me and others .... a good point to start reading from is here:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... &start=302
Stop Button Freak
housefull

Post by housefull »

1) Select some files
2) Go to the Tools menu, select Scripts, and then Lyricator
3) Pray
4) When Lyricator has reached the last file in the list, take a look at the results. If anything is clearly wrong, uncheck the incorrect checkboxes.
G-DIABLO

Post by G-DIABLO »

if it put the lyrics from the first song to the others, you just need to run it again for the same songs.
just click save and then run it again (you dont need even to reselct them because they are selcted), in the second time it will run very quickly (i think it works with some cache) so after you run it again and save it will put the correct lyrics.
i dont think it lyricator bug, but media monkey bug, because i saw similar problems with other scripts.

tell me if it worked.
good luck.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

The caching is probably IE temporary internet files.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
molnium

Post by molnium »

aha, many thanks!
It really seems to be an issue with IE caching something. i emptied every caches, restarted all i could restard, and now it seems to work well (as admin) when running the script twice :)
thats fine! 8) many thanks for this extremely useful script!!

##edit
well, on the other hand doing it the "twice" way has one disadvantage: tracks that the script doesnt find lyrics for have automatically those of the first song, and this is not being fixed by running the script the second time, since it doenst write an empty tag or delete the wrong (this wouldnt be good anyways) - like this, the wring lyrics stay there...
G-DIABLO

Post by G-DIABLO »

i have 2 suggestion for you:

1. when you run the script first, uncheck all the empty songs, then it will not add the lyrics of the first song to them.
2. use musicIP tagger script to tag the songs before you run the lyricator, it arrange all the tags, and raise the songs that lyrictaor find lyrics for them to almost 100%. at least run it for the songs that you didn't find lyrics. Even if you dont use lyricator i suggest you to run musicip tagger, it's a wonderful script for arrange tags. it realy work for almost every song. and one more suggeset, run the music ip in the night for a lot of songs, because it's little bit slow.

:)
winterminute

Post by winterminute »

Anyone put any thought into solving the invalid chars issue? I've got too many files that are tripping this up and I have way too many songs to do it one by one.
G-DIABLO

Post by G-DIABLO »

im working on it, but i didn't find any good news.
im afraid it occured when the media monkey transfer data to the script, if it there it will be big problem.
what encourage me is that with other script it's not happen.

if anyone find out where is the problem, please let me know, and i will fix it.

thx.
winterminute

Post by winterminute »

Is there a way we can skip the file and move on so that we don't crash? Might even be cool if we could flag the file as not-searchable.
G-DIABLO

Post by G-DIABLO »

that what i'm trying to do, to skip those songs, if i will success maybe i will try to mark them, or something like this.
cooperg21

Post by cooperg21 »

I am not a programmer by any means, however, I was thinking that if someone could make a script that would search for tracks with ONLY the characters "A-Z" "0-9" and all of the misc that we know work with Lyricator "?!@#$%^&*() etc." that would solve all of the problems. I did my fair share of searching and couldn't really come up with anything. Does anyone know RegExp very well? There must be a way to do a search using that...

That way, we could just have an automatic playlist that would only have good characters.

I tried doing the opposite, making a playlist that contained objects that I knew would not work (googling Japanese and Arabic alphabets) then separating each character with commas and searching for ANY of the problem characters. The only problem with that is that there are thousands of Japanese characters and many more other languages that I would have to search out... I just find it strange that we can do a search one way but not the other. (In other words, it seems as if we can create a "black list" but we cannot create a "white list", if that makes any sense.)

In any case, we really appreciate your help G-Diablo. If we have to use a second script to get a playlist that we can then run lyricator on, that is fine with me.

Once again, I am totally out of my league with this and am just shooting out ideas. I figure that it couldn't hurt, right?

Thanks again!
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

if someone could make a script that would search for tracks with ONLY the characters "A-Z" "0-9" and all of the misc that we know work with Lyricator "?!@#$%^&*() etc."
Ummm. I might be able to make that happen with a Magic Node. Need to go and play in the SQL Viewer first to get the querry right. Heck I can probably steal the querry from Bex's Tagging Inconsistencies script.

Later.
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
G-DIABLO

Post by G-DIABLO »

Ummm. I might be able to make that happen with a Magic Node. Need to go and play in the SQL Viewer first to get the querry right. Heck I can probably steal the querry from Bex's Tagging Inconsistencies script.

Later.
if you can add the hebrew letters to this script it will be good.
it took to me a lot of time until i succedded to make lyricator to find lyrics for hebrew songs.
it will be depressing to deal with this again.

anyway even if not adding this.. it will be still better then nothing.

thx:)
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

OK. I need meta-data for tracks known to cause problems with Lyricator. Significant tags are (I think) Title, Artist, Composer & OriginalArtist.

(Un)fortunately my library does not include any cases which cause Lyricator to abort as described.

PS: I will take a look at the Lyricator code as well. It may be simpler to just add a e.g. CleanTag function to replace/eliminate problem characters.

Edit:
Just did a quick browse of the code. Significant person tags are as seen @270:

Code: Select all

If TryAllArtists Then
				If .Conductor <> "" Then html = html & ";" & .Conductor End If
				If .InvolvedPeople <> "" Then html = html & ";" & .InvolvedPeople End If
				If .Lyricist <> "" Then html = html & ";" & .Lyricist End If
				If .MusicComposer <> "" Then html = html & ";" & .MusicComposer End If
				If .OriginalArtist <> "" Then html = html & ";" & .OriginalArtist End If
				If .OriginalLyricist <> "" Then html = html & ";" & .OriginalLyricist End If
			End If