Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Say

Re: Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Post by Say »

Is there any alternatives of Lyricator? Thanks. :)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Say wrote:Is there any alternatives of Lyricator? Thanks. :)
Minilyrics, evillyrics, manual lookup via the internet.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

nohitter151 wrote:
But it's only for online searching. Mostly I would like it for search lyric, download and automatic put (save) into ID3 tag...
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote: But it's only for online searching. Mostly I would like it for search lyric, download and automatic put (save) into ID3 tag...
Ok, well Minilyrics does that (only for mp3 files) and I believe evillyrics does too. No other tools that I know of which are add-ons for MM.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Guest wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:
But it's only for online searching. Mostly I would like it for search lyric, download and automatic put (save) into ID3 tag...
Ummm. Did you click Save after the lookup was complete?
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
cooperg21

Post by cooperg21 »

Owyn wrote:OK. I need meta-data for tracks known to cause problems with Lyricator. Significant tags are (I think) Title, Artist, Composer & OriginalArtist.

(Un)fortunately my library does not include any cases which cause Lyricator to abort as described.
Sorry for the late reply, I will work on some metadata when I get home from work today. What exactly would be useful? Try copying some Japanese or Chinese letters from Wikipedia and then paste onto the end of the track name and try running Lyricator. That should reproduce the eror.

That is great news that G-DIABLO found a way to get Hebrew letters to work. Is there any way to apply that same logic to

Overall, my main problem characters are Japanese/Chinese and I guess you could say sand script or Cyrillic letters. Native Russian/German characters also cause errors, they are actually the most annoying because many of them look like English characters but have a little twist. Pretty much anything outside of English characters seem to be an issue (with a few exceptions).

Thank you every for your help!!!!

Oh yea, found this on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_encoding

Maybe we could narrow down which character encoding lyricator is using.

Also, is there a chance that the sites, that Lyricator is linking up to, are causing the issue?

Thanks again!
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

I have lots of diacritical encoded tracks in my library, but all are western European character sets (French, German, Danish, Swedish, Spanish, Portugese, and ... ). The few asian & cyrillic tracks I have are all coded in roman character sets with phonetic or English translations, typically both. I don't recognize the character sets, let alone the languages.

I have successfully used Lyricator to get Lyrics, in the native language, for at least some of the French & German tracks. Unfortunately most of my German tracks are Lieder (Schuman, etc.), so, the standard sources don't carry that brand.

I have never seen the reported error with any of the tracks I have tested.

The actual problem could be in several places. That is why I was asking for exact meta-data of known problem cases. I can edit that into test tracks and work from there.
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
cooperg21

Post by cooperg21 »

I know for a fact that Japanese characters are a no-go. I get the following error (hand typed, so there is a possibility of a slight typo somewhere)

Error#5 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Invalid procedure call or argument
FileP "C:PROGRA~1\MEDIAM~1\Scripts\Auto\Lyricator.vbs", Line: 296, Column: 1
Invalid procedure call or argument

What is interesting is that I am using Version: 3.0.4.1185 at work and I just get those blank boxes where the japanese characters should be. I can copy and paste them into word and it shows up correctly. Also, on my home computer, my mediamonkey is fully updated and they show up correctly. What my theory is, is that when the last update happened for Lyricator, the character set that Mediamonkey saw was much more limited. Thus, anything that shows up as a box won't work.

Wait, no, Лебединое showed up fine but gave me an error....

Here are a few examples. Hopefully this qualifies as metadata.

It is the file path in the following structure
C:\My Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Track#> <Title>
--------------------------------------------
Examples of ERROR files:
C:\My Music\Yoko Kanno feat. Sakamoto Maaya\23時の音楽\10 Penguin Shuurinin.mp3
C:\My Music\_Compilations\Classical Music - Top 100 (Part 1)\25 Swan Lake (Op. 20) - Лебединое Озеро.mp3
C:\My Music\_Compilations\Classical Music - Top 100 (Part 2)\72 The Nutcracker (Op. 71) - Dance Of The Sugar-Plum Fairy - Щелкунчик.mp3
Examples of WORKING files:
C:\My Music\_Compilations\Classical Music - Top 100 (Part 1)\11 Matthäus Passion (BWV 244) - Kommt, Ihr Töchter.mp3
C:\My Music\_Compilations\Classical Music - Top 100 (Part 1)\24 Bedřich Smetana - Má Vlast - Vltava.mp3
C:\My Music\_Compilations\Classical Music - Top 100 (Part 2)\67 Thaïs - Méditation.mp3

Hopefully this helps.
I have a limited library at work, but this should be a good starting point.

Thanks again for all of your help. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Thanks. Couple of questions:

1) Why are you running the older version of MM?
2) Are you running the latest version of Lyricator (0.9.6)

In particular does the code in Lyricator.vbs at line 295 read

Code: Select all

Dim f : Set f = fso.OpenTextFile(sHTML, 2, true)
	f.WriteLine html
	f.close
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

PS: The version I am using is the one NoHitter151 posted at filedropper.
How Do I?

1) Download the MMIP file: http://www.dasmonkey.com/mediamonkey/lyricator.mmip

Edit by nohitter151: The link seems to be broken, in the meantime you can DL from here: http://www.filedropper.com/lyricator

a) If you're using IE, it may save the file as a .zip. Rename it back to lyricator.mmip2) Run the MMIP, and it should automatically install.
cooperg21

Post by cooperg21 »

1) It is on my work computer and I didn't want to get caught downloading large executable files. So, I just brought the .exe on a flash disk. It has been working fine and I don't really use it that much now that I have an ipod for work. At home, I use it all the time nad it is fully updated.

2) Yes, I just installed it. 0.9.6, just checked.

I don't know anything about code, but did you mean line 296?

Thanks!
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Thanks, and yes I did mean 295. The second line, is in theory, the one causing the error (line 296).
cooperg21

Post by cooperg21 »

Sorry, didn't see your second post. Yes, it is the one from nohitter.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Ok. Will be testing this later tonight.
Say

Post by Say »

Owyn wrote:
Say wrote: But it's only for online searching. Mostly I would like it for search lyric, download and automatic put (save) into ID3 tag...
Ummm. Did you click Save after the lookup was complete?
But i need save it globally for many... really many mp3 songs. :D Is it possible?