Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

abhiroopb

Re: Batch Art Finder 3.2 - Updated 29/12/2009

Post by abhiroopb »

Is there any update to this problem? I deleted all my cover art so that I could run this and I was getting a lot of problems in the beginning (e.g. Thread execution error and out of memory error) but for the most part it seemed to working. In the last few days I am constantly getting the "invalid pointer error" whenever I launch the script with images.google.com as my source.

Any suggestions? Is there any other script or application in general that allows you to embed high quality album art? I'm looking for a minimum of 500x500.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

@Trix/abhiroopb:
I tested this using AlbumArtist=Artist="2Pac", Date="1998", Album="Greatest Hits". i.e.,
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am ... fixqqjldae

No error, but, NO RESULTS. I even changed my minimum size to 0x0. Left maximum @ 600x600.

As I mentioned previously, I retested this on albums which were previously successfully tagged by BAF. Same results.

PS: This was tested by editing properties on a test track, not, by editing the query.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
abhiroopb

Post by abhiroopb »

Owyn wrote:@Trix/abhiroopb:
I tested this using AlbumArtist=Artist="2Pac", Date="1998", Album="Greatest Hits". i.e.,
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am ... fixqqjldae

No error, but, NO RESULTS. I even changed my minimum size to 0x0. Left maximum @ 600x600.

As I mentioned previously, I retested this on albums which were previously successfully tagged by BAF. Same results.

PS: This was tested by editing properties on a test track, not, by editing the query.
So, what does that mean? I am getting the "invalid pointer error", after which I get no results. Again this is only with images.google.com
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

@Trix:
What logs/temporary files should I check for more datails about BAF status?
My brain is not awake enough yet to read through the code. :D
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

abhiroopb wrote:So, what does that mean? I am getting the "invalid pointer error", after which I get no results. Again this is only with images.google.com
Yep. I am testing images.google.com as well.
There is something different about our test configurations. We are both getting errors, but, different flavours.
e.g. I have IE8 installed.
abhiroopb

Post by abhiroopb »

Owyn wrote:
abhiroopb wrote:So, what does that mean? I am getting the "invalid pointer error", after which I get no results. Again this is only with images.google.com
Yep. I am testing images.google.com as well.
There is something different about our test configurations. We are both getting errors, but, different flavours.
e.g. I have IE8 installed.
I have IE8 as well, but I primarily use Google Chrome.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

OK. The version of IE is important. That is what MM & therefore BAF uses to provide internet services. My primary browser is FireFox but that should have no impact on MM, with the exception of using it as default browser for external, e.g. "More Information", etc. links.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I can't replicate this, it's working perfectly for me. :-?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
abhiroopb

Post by abhiroopb »

Owyn wrote:OK. The version of IE is important. That is what MM & therefore BAF uses to provide internet services. My primary browser is FireFox but that should have no impact on MM, with the exception of using it as default browser for external, e.g. "More Information", etc. links.
I think I just found a "fix" for this (at least it's suddenly working now).

Basically, I had never actually used IE8 except to download Chrome about a month ago. Anyway I started up IE4 (64-bit) and tried BAF and I got the same invalid pointer error and could find no results. I then started up the standard IE8 version (i.e. not the 64-bit version) went through the default options and then closed it. Now BAF is working fine and pulling in all the album art. So, yes basically it appears the standard IE8 needs to be started up for BAF to work!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ah, good old Microsoft, they do like to complicate things! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Yeah. That is a significant difference. I am running Vista32 so that means IE8 32.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Trix:
The symptom I am getting is a series of small empty image boxes which are relatively quickly skipped over and terminate in a "No Results". i.e. as if the images are being filtered.

I tried 1x1 to 1000x1000 and null settings for both min & max, and of course, my normal setting which are 150x150 to 600x600. Same results. And, just for images.google.com. Other sources still seem to be working.

Something cached??
abhiroopb

Post by abhiroopb »

Owyn wrote:Trix:
The symptom I am getting is a series of small empty image boxes which are relatively quickly skipped over and terminate in a "No Results". i.e. as if the images are being filtered.

I tried 1x1 to 1000x1000 and null settings for both min & max, and of course, my normal setting which are 150x150 to 600x600. Same results. And, just for images.google.com. Other sources still seem to be working.
It cycles through images for me as well, and comes to rest on an image that is of at least the minimum size (for me it was 500x500), in some cases, however it isn't the minimum size (but close).
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

No. Not caching.

Ran CCleaner and did all default System & IE cleaning. Reset filters to 150x150 to 600x600. Same results.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Exit & restarted MM. JIC. Retested. Same results.
PS: All tests for today on same 2Pac Greatest Hits test track.