Change default "No album art" picture

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

votrexflame

Change default "No album art" picture

Post by votrexflame »

Please, tell me, if is it possible to put my own picture there? If yes, how?
Thanks.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Yes it is.

You name your art NoAlbumArt.gif and place it in the MediaMonkey\Icons directory

This should force overide of the default image that is displayed.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

In the MediaMonkey application directory you need to have a folder called Icons, create it if it doesn't exist. In this put an image called "NoAArt.png" and this will be used.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Ooops my mistake, I was thinking of another script not MM - sorry bout that :oops:
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well if it's one of mine I always use "none.jpg" so you can easily just change this file.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
offworlwonder

Re: Change default "No album art" picture

Post by offworlwonder »

I cant find NoAArt.png on my pc. ... what is the "application directory" exactly?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

c:\program files\mediamonkey\brand\splash.png

or splash.jpg or splash.bmp

just change that picture and you got what you want.

if there is no brand folder then make one and place the splash image in it.
you can make your own. or get them from some members download sites.
and some skins also have them in that match that skin. all the ones i made have
their own splash screen. so you could download and install of them and after each install copy the splash and paste it in another folder to keep for later use.

but that is where it is at. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

offworlwonder wrote:I cant find NoAArt.png on my pc. ... what is the "application directory" exactly?

oops read the splash screen.

sorry the noaart images are in the skin files. so which skin do you want it changed on maybe the author will change it.

if you want to do it your self you will need to change the.mmip file to a .zip file by changing those letters.

then just change the .msz file the same way to a .zip and unzip it then you will see the no album art image in the icons folder. go in there change your image you want don't change the size because there is two images one is for the album view with details image. it is 100 x 100 pixels so change them both to what you want.
save them in that icons folder. then rezip up all the files in to one file again and change it back to .msz

now change the name of the msz file from that skins name to your name for keeping it from being over wrote when you get the next updated version of the skin from the skinner.

then take that msz file and copy it in to the skins folder in c:\program files\mediamonkey\

now when you start monkey you can go to the options and pick the skin area then click on the new skins name in the list to get it to show up.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
kspanks04

Post by kspanks04 »

is there a script to use the last.fm artist image if no album art exists? I know Monkey Rok does that but I don't like using it.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

kspanks04 wrote:is there a script to use the last.fm artist image if no album art exists? I know Monkey Rok does that but I don't like using it.
No.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I don't think this would currently be possible via scripting - you can only change the default image by creating a particular file in a particular location, which you could source from Last.Fm and create, but the timing would be off. By this I mean that MM would look for the image before the script could possibly create it, and there's no way via scripting to ask MM to look for it again.