Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2020.04.19 [MM3][MM4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Trev1

Re: Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2009.08.17 [MM3]

Post by Trev1 »

Teknojnky wrote:if its enabled on the last.fm nodes toolbar icon, then all you have to do is play the last track in the now playing list (or play just 1 track).

when it gets to the last track in the now playing list, is when it looks up on last.fm and then searches your library, the status bar will activate and indicate whats going on.

the tag, user, group nodes are so you can add your favorite last.fm tags (like genres), users and groups, and then when you click on them it will load up the tracks from last.fm with whats in your library.
I have it enabled and the 'now playing' open , with only one song, but it dont go playing any other songs,
when this one song finishes?
it doesnt seem to work even tho i have it selected at Tools/Options/Library/Last FM Node
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

strange, you can enable the logging and check the lastfmnode.vbs.log in the scripts\auto folder to see whats going on.
Trev1

Post by Trev1 »

Teknojnky wrote:strange, you can enable the logging and check the lastfmnode.vbs.log in the scripts\auto folder to see whats going on.
got it . key is to leave the track run out playing. i was selecting the 'next track' button

must play around with the tag node now

thanks a lot
vbfischer

Post by vbfischer »

Teknojnky wrote:shutdown MM, then right click MM shortcut or exe and run as admin, then try install mmip
Shortcut for this is to <ctrl><shift> click.
neurotik1

Post by neurotik1 »

I'm also having trouble installing this. I'm using MM 3.2.0.1294, does it only work on 3.1?
neurotik1

Post by neurotik1 »

haha, whoops. I thought it said to run the mmip as Admin. Working now, so far looks good! Thanks!
be4con

Post by be4con »

Hi

I can't seem to get this script to work. After installation I boot up MM 3.2.0.1292 and get the following error:

Error # 424 - Microsoft VBScript runtime Error
Object Required
File "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey3\Scripts\Auto\LastFMNode.vbs", Line:390, Column:2

Then after that I get the error :
"Error executing script event"

Any ideas what the issue might be?

Thanks
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

do you have anything in the now playing and library?

play a track and then try it
be4con

Post by be4con »

Aah OK, that does work. Problem is I use the Clear Now Playing Button Script to clear my NP list before I shut down so every time I boot MM it looks like I am going to get that error. Shame as it seems this is otherwise a great script. I may have to just tolerate either the error messages or the slower bootup...

Thanks for the prompt response and keep up the good work.
Agouti

Post by Agouti »

For me, the auto DJ wouldn't work until I restarted MM. Been purring along perfectly since then :D

*edit* Correction: All fine except for a bit of a bug - skipping a track (because you don't like it) means it doesn't register as played, and therefore doesn't get filtered out by the same track/artist etc within X filter.. meaning it's even more likely to be played than the songs you actually like (and let play) :roll:.

I seem to recall a similar problem with another auto-dj script which was fixed by registering the track as played.... somewhere.... at the start of the track instead of the usual end of track.
r3dn1t3

Post by r3dn1t3 »

I got the

Error # 424 - Microsoft VBScript runtime Error
Object Required
File "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey3\Scripts\Auto\LastFMNode.vbs", Line:390, Column:2

Then after that I get the error :
"Error executing script event"

too,

I tried playing a song thing, still getting the error.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

you must have tracks in the library and now playing. use file > add/rescan to import tracks into the database, and then play something.
bobman

Post by bobman »

Where can I get the latest version of this script? I tried installing the version at the head of this thread (linked from the build.last.fm site) but it fails to install.

I'm using Win7 Starter and MM 3.2
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Teknojnky wrote:you probably have to shutdown MM and run as admin
this perhaps?