RightClickForWeb With Tagging[MM3] (v1.60 2008-07-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

onenonymous

Re: RightClickForWeb With Tagging[MM3] (v1.60 2008-07-27)

Post by onenonymous »

nynaevelan wrote:Is there any way to set up RC4W to use a keyboard shortcut to go to two different websites?
Hmmm, I'm not sure how I would do this. I'll think about it and see if I can come up with a solution though.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

onenonymous wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:Is there any way to set up RC4W to use a keyboard shortcut to go to two different websites?
Hmmm, I'm not sure how I would do this. I'll think about it and see if I can come up with a solution though.

If you could think of a way to make it a toolbar icon, that would be better. :wink:

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

nynaevelan wrote:If you could think of a way to make it a toolbar icon, that would be better. :wink:
That's probably even easier to do :-)
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

the built-in web browsers are MM controlled, so I don't think the script can do anything about it. The external browser option is whichever one is your default browser.
I don't think so....... pretty sure it's IE regardless of default, would love to have someone correct me if i'm wrong though, like anyone with a brain that works, I hate that most useless of all browsers.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

The panel is IE but 'external browser' uses your default browser.

It works for me. I haven't been using the panel but when I right-click and choose a web site, it opens in firefox.

The only thing is, even tho i only set it up a couple of days ago, i can't remember how i did it. I'm looking now but I can't see where the setting is. It's there somehere. I told RC4W to use my default browser and that's what it does.

Sorry; you were looking for someone with a brain and all you got was me!
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

The panel is IE but 'external browser' uses your default browser.
Ahhh, another case of me looking but not seeing, Ha Ha, I have never bothered to open any panels using external browser, always internal but as much as i hate it (IE) i'm trusting Avast Antivirus to keep things safe, i figure it's probably ok as i dont go to any dodgy sites usually LastFm, Amazon etc.
And you must have more of a brain than me, or at least you appear to use yours for something other than holding your ears apart :) :) :)
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

If it was only my brain keeping my ears apart, I would have a wafer-thin head.

Btw, I remembered: click on the Web Lookup toolbar icon and choose "Configure". There you can choose "External Browser". Now, whenever you perform a Web Lookup, the results will appear in a page in your default browser e.g. Firefox, instead of the MediaMonkey embedded Web Lookup panel.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

One:

A question for you, I have recently (started yesterday) decided to venture into the world of radio internet streams. I tried MM's native radio node but was having difficulty selecting shoutcast nodes and having them use MM's internal browswer rather than an external browser, which I try to avoid at all costs. Since I could not get that to work as I like, I decided to try the streams in RC4W, which of course works. I am having one problem and asking kindly for one suggestion. Question: Is it a limitation of MM, the script or the web stream that does not allow you to switch streams without first stopping the play of the stream, if you do not then both streams are playing at the same time and you have to close MM in order to stop them since there is no way to go back? Suggestion: Is is too difficult to have a way to have RC4W to refresh with the updated ini file without restarting MM each time?

Sorry for more work... :oops:

Nyn

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

nynaevelan wrote:Question: Is it a limitation of MM, the script or the web stream that does not allow you to switch streams without first stopping the play of the stream, if you do not then both streams are playing at the same time and you have to close MM in order to stop them since there is no way to go back?
I don't know. I don't use web streams so haven't got a clue. Can you send me the relative lines from your ini file and I'll see what I can do. I'm pretty tied up with work for the next couple of weeks, so unless it's pretty simple, I'm not sure how fast I can get to this.
nynaevelan wrote:Suggestion: Is is too difficult to have a way to have RC4W to refresh with the updated ini file without restarting MM each time?
It should be possible, but I don't know how difficult. When I get a chance, I'll look into this request.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Here are two, select the first one to play and then before turning it off, select a second one. You will end up with both playing and no way to stop them. Or select one to play, close the browser window and there is no way to get it back to turn off the playling stream.

Code: Select all

Group=Aol Radio Stations 
Caption=Aol Music - Top RnB
URL=http://player.play.it/player/aolPlayer.html?v=4.5.23&ur=1&us=1&id=929

Group=Aol Radio Stations 
Caption=Aol Music - Top Jams
URL=http://player.play.it/player/aolPlayer.html?v=4.5.23&ur=1&us=1&id=927
You can take your time, I'm not in a rush.

linn

Post by linn »

Thank you for the nice script,i am using it to go to amazon and copy the book review to the track, this works fine.
If i am opening this page in firefox i am running this http://userstyles.org/styles/4328 script from http://userstyles.org/ to unclutter the page; i know MM uses IE ,
i wonder if there is a way to alter the amazon page as opened in MM?
Thanks,lin
juglar103

Post by juglar103 »

Group=Spotify
Caption=Artist
URL=spotify:search:artist%3a%22%artist%%22

Group=Spotify
Caption=Artist/Title
URL=spotify:search:artist%3a%22%artist%%22%20track%3a%22%title%%22

Group=Spotify
Caption=Artist/Album
URL=spotify:search:artist%3a%22%artist%%22%20album%3a%22%album%%22
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Hi there, I have recently installed this and it's great!! I'm having a hard time figuring out the code to add other sites. Could someone please tell me what the code is to add www.albumartexchange.com? Or if there is a way to find out from the site itself? Cheers.
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

Hi. Just found this script. It really is superb, I'm going to be using it so much.
At the moment I'm looking up individual track's original years using discogs.
To do this I have to right click,choose web lookup (selection),choose discogs,choose artist.
Can I stream line it and assign a short cut to those particular parameters?

Also. I don't seem to be able to find how to dock the panel down the side instead of across the top?
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

richiefinger wrote:Also. I don't seem to be able to find how to dock the panel down the side instead of across the top?
You can move the panel by dragging its title. BTW I find it better when the panel is undocked, make the window as big as I want.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].