MediaMonkey ignores WMA files when auto-sync to my R0

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

RyanB

MediaMonkey ignores WMA files when auto-sync to my R0

Post by RyanB »

Hi,

I have the Samsung R0 (R'Play), it can play WMA (and WMA DRM) as it plays almost everything.

So why when I do an auto-sync or a manual sync, MediaMonkey ignores the WMA songs ?

And how can I solve this problem ?

Cheers,

RyanB.
nohitter151

Re: MediaMonkey ignores WMA files when auto-sync to my R0

Post by nohitter151 »

Go to Tools > Sync device > Configure, then to the "Auto-conversion" tab.

At the bottom of the window it says something like "Supported formats on device" and then lists the formats. Is WMA listed there?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
RyanB

Post by RyanB »

nohitter151 wrote:Go to Tools > Sync device > Configure, then to the "Auto-conversion" tab.

At the bottom of the window it says something like "Supported formats on device" and then lists the formats. Is WMA listed there?
I already did that. It was "none (all supported)" before, and I changed it adding all supported type (AAC, ASX, FLAC, MP3, MP4, OGG, WAV, WMA).

But nothing has changed, still ignoring WMA songs.

Cheers,

RyanB.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

if you have wma listed in monkey's main options on the general info i think it is.? where you tell him to associate the files you want him to use, and he still won't add them.

then get the 3rd party debug program from the how to report a bug post in the bug report forum.
set that up and make a debug report of what you do when you try and sync the wma files.
then save the info to a text file and send that text file to support here so they can see what might
be the cause of your trouble.

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
RyanB

Post by RyanB »

Thanks,

Here it is, but I'm not sure it will help you, as it only contains the songs that were succefully synchronised, and not the WMA that failed to. (like The Vandals - Oi To The World!.wma)

http://senduit.com/e65c30 (.txt log file)

Cheers,

RyanB.
RyanB

Post by RyanB »

It does that only for WMA files.
OGG & AAC are synchronised.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

oh i can not tell what is wrong with it. :(

maybe one of the developers will see it in this thread.
but it would've been better to email it to them at support.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Do the wma files play if you try to play them in MM?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
RyanB

Post by RyanB »

nohitter151 wrote:Do the wma files play if you try to play them in MM?
You're right ! Just noticed wma are ignored now when I try to play them in MM. Why ???

Cheers.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

RyanB

Post by RyanB »

Thank you Lowlander, I'm so stupid, I completely forgot that I bought one day some ".wma DRM" songs on Nokia Ovi.
I thought these ones where DRM-free, but they aren't. So I just have to run them on WMP to get them update.

This DRM system is so stupid.

Thank eveyrone and sorry.