New MediaMonkey Version

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Ability to show all Tabs Toolbar even only single Tab is used?

You may select up to 2 options

View results

DazB

Re: New MediaMonkey Version

Post by DazB »

trixmoto wrote:
DazB wrote:The MM developers could be better at communication regarding development.
They could spend lots of time telling us all about version 4, or they could spend their time creating version 4 and let us see for ourselves. I know which I'd rather! :)
The proof of the pudding is in the tasting :)

Daz
DaddyXX

Post by DaddyXX »

Accusing me of being an Apple employee (which I'm not) or an Apple fanboy (which I'm definitely not) might make you giggle, but it won't change this simple fact: MediaMonkey 4 is vaporware.

Have fun with your silly games.
DazB

Post by DazB »

@DaddyXX - speaking on fanboys... let them have their say ;)

Daz
Peke

Post by Peke »

If MediaMonkey 4 is vaporware than I wonder what app is MediaMonkey 4.0.0.1311 that I installed two days ago.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

daddyxx is just a person that more likely has not got his app error fixed yet and is upset that way so he wont log in and show us his real user name.

and he is trying to make enough posts with his false comments in to get others to stop using mediamonkey.
there is no other reason for this many posts from an guest stating those comments.

i personely don't care if he is or is not an apple employee i was trying to be nice and get them to stop the posts showing
how stupid they are. but they insist on showing us their level of either mental power, or anger. :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Good News

Post by Good News »

Good News:
According to amazon.de MediaMonkey will be available from October 22th on.
http://www.amazon.de/Avanquest-Deutschl ... 608&sr=8-2

This is the feature list (in german)
http://www.thali.ch/pdf/P39166_1.PDF
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

This seems suspicious. I'm pretty sure that the dev team has stopped official support for anything below XP with one of the previous builds, however the "features list" covers from 98 to 7. We also haven't see an Alpha or Beta release, so I doubt it would be "released" in just over a month.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Mizery_Made wrote:This seems suspicious. I'm pretty sure that the dev team has stopped official support for anything below XP with one of the previous builds, however the "features list" covers from 98 to 7. We also haven't see an Alpha or Beta release, so I doubt it would be "released" in just over a month.
agreed.

i said before i believe mm 2.55 should be used on any os lower then xp. as the mm 3 has different image formats it can use and they are not all supported on the older windows os's mm 3 might work if you have the older os on a fast computer but still it would have to be on a motherboard that was made for xp and not the older os's

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rusty

Post by rusty »

I agree that we could be better at communicating--my wife has hammered that into my thick skull ;-)

In any case, you'll soon start seeing builds of MM4. It's still a little unstable and we want to make sure that most of the obvious issues are fixed before we put it out for you guys to play with.

A little more patience... Thanks.

-Rusty
DazB

Post by DazB »

Thanks Rusty,

That wasn't too painful for you I hope ;)

Daz
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Great news. I can't wait to try out the new version.

And rusty, by the way...
Thank your wife for me, will ya. :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

I doubt it hurts, mine for example doesn't heart more than when she started to hammer her ideas ;)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

it all depends on what they use to hammer it in with? a childs toy plastic hammer or a 8 pound sledge hammer?? :lol:
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

rusty wrote:... you'll soon start seeing builds of MM4. -Rusty
Project Managers know that Developers always answer the question when? with the word Soon.
It's like how much work is left to do. The answer is always a week's work, or 10%, or you'll get it soon.
Followed quickly by the phrase if you didn't keep stopping me working to answer your silly When questions I could be working on the completion and deliver sooner. They're all the same :P :lol: :P
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Nicklas

Post by Nicklas »

As much as I would like to see MM 4, I also don't want the developers to be rushed into putting out a crappy product. Will the next release support Win 7 window snapping by any chance?