Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v1.00 [OUTDATED]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

yogu

Re: Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v1.00 [MM3]

Post by yogu »

man... I really miss Lyricator!!
So, lemme ask ya;'ll, there's a new version in the works? I can't find any other batch lyrics taggers on the web.
THANKS!!
Rednroll

Post by Rednroll »

yogu wrote:man... I really miss Lyricator!!
So, lemme ask ya;'ll, there's a new version in the works? I can't find any other batch lyrics taggers on the web.
THANKS!!
I tried to use "Minilyrics" instead, but it's no where close to being as efficient as Lyricator was. Minilyrics, I just can't get it to tag all the songs I run it on. It shows the lyrics are present in Minilyrics, but for some reason I just can't get the handle on when/if it will actually write the lyrics to the Tag. Maybe give Minilyrics a try and maybe you'll have better luck that I have had.
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

Just checking into this thread after seeing the dreaded "lyricsvip.com" results.... :roll: WTH happened....?

I have hosting with unlimited bandwidth, I could try hosting the .PHP file if someone actively working on it wants to PM me with instructions. No time tonight to go through 9 pages of thread posts. :o

BTW, anyone know what happened to our Lyricator primary developer?

Addendum:

Or point me to the post with the most recent instructions for hosting the .php file online.

My offer to host is open only so long as the .php file uses an open API on a cooperating search site(s). I do reserve the right to remove it without notice ... but won't unless necessary. ;)
Last edited by davidbspalding on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
«Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.» Chinese proverb
T43 XP-SP3 2GB RAM, dual hard drives, MM 4.0.3 Gold; Ipod Classic 7G v2.0.4, Nano 3G v1.1.3.
Rvan

Post by Rvan »

SquirrelScript, we need you, please!
BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon »

davidbspalding wrote: Or point me to the post with the most recent instructions for hosting the .php file online.
a few posts before yours ;)
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 57#p270157
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

BlueDragon wrote:
davidbspalding wrote: Or point me to the post with the most recent instructions for hosting the .php file online.
Thanks, Rvan's post gave me A Clue. => SquirrelScript has a PM from me. Stay tuned....
BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon »

davidbspalding wrote:
BlueDragon wrote:
Thanks, Rvan's post gave me A Clue. => SquirrelScript has a PM from me. Stay tuned....
if you provide the php file on your webserver to be used by everybody, isn't it very likely that you will be blocked too?
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

BlueDragon wrote: if you provide the php file on your webserver to be used by everybody, isn't it very likely that you will be blocked too?
I need a little background info ... who would be blocking me?
«Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.» Chinese proverb
T43 XP-SP3 2GB RAM, dual hard drives, MM 4.0.3 Gold; Ipod Classic 7G v2.0.4, Nano 3G v1.1.3.
BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon »

i guess http://www.lyricsplugin.com
look at the lyrics.php and you might see that the lyrics come from that site.
When you run Lyricator, Mediamonkey calls the lyrics.php which takes the text from lyricsplugin.com and sends it to MM.

And it's not very difficult to block a certain website to access your own website.
That means that everytime a site gets blocked we have to update Lyricator and find a new server :roll:
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

Okily-dokily, I read back a few pages and found these pertinent moments in The Great Lyricator Struggle of 2010....
SquirrelScript wrote:Well...
Its not working for me anymore! :( I don't get a result for anything.(Everything else is normal though)
Either the admin has changed the code once again or they have block my hosting.

Edit:
Just tired hosting it locally, works fine. They have block my hosting from accessing the site....
vlatro wrote:... The script could likely be reworked to get better results from the source, but given the recurring issues with the source site, it may be only a temporary fix.
The best option is a complete re-write based on a more stable lyrics source (which sucks, it may take some time).....
SquirrelScript wrote:... Looks like they have block my hosting *can't blame them really*

So I thought that a continuing problem is having a host site who can take calls from everybody's MM. But if LyricsPlugin.com is blocking third party sites from hitting them via a PHP page,... my hosting is a temporary solution, right?

Has anyone reached out to them DIRECTLY and asked them to let MediaMonkey Lyricator query them? Either directly, or through an online third party host? If they're willing to let one third party site do it, and throttle on their end the queries, that would get us to home plate, eh?

I can't find a contact # in their domain registration, and their front page only offers WinAmp and WMP plug-ins ... I'd like to talk to someone, perhaps they'd be willing to take on Lyricator support. Or tell us to blow off, they only want plugins "displaying" lyrics, not downloading them as plain text.
(Lyricsplugin.com blurb: Lyrics Plugin is a piece of software tailored for music fans. To put it simply - it is an add-on to view lyrics in WinAmp or Windows Media Player. No more searching for lyrics. Just start listening to your favourite songs and lyrics will be displayed automatically. Oh, and if lyrics is not found, you can add it yourself :)

Post by Guest »

SquirrelScript wrote:... Looks like they have block my hosting *can't blame them really*

If you know to setup your own web server, then here is a fix:
1.) Edit lyricator.js.
Line 46:

Code: Select all

rLyricsPlugin = new Request({method:'get',url:'http://localhost/lyrics.php?',onSuccess:rSuccessLP,onException:rNextLP,onFailure:rNextLP,onCancel:rNextLP});

I have search my HD but where can I find the *.js file?
I am running Win6 64bit
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

Guest wrote:I have search my HD but where can I find the *.js file?
I am running Win6 64bit
Seach is your friend. 8)

[redacted] (Answered my own question.)
lilfellabob

Post by lilfellabob »

that local host method worked for me :D
Just wanted to say thanks. If anyone wants a hand, pm me and I'll explain how to do it
lytninb

Post by lytninb »

Okay, I've read and read and am confused. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to use this extension? Go here, go there, download this, move here, update that.... I'm lost.

Thanks in advance.
jimmy1one

Post by jimmy1one »

OK guys here's my question why not have trix or some of the other scriptors write a script that will allow us to share lyrics? IT will simply allow us to upload lyrics to a specified MM users site available to registered MM users. It would seem to be the ideal solution,for example I must have 15 to 16 thousand RnB or funk, blues lyrics in my MM data right now PROBABLY more. If we could get the database going and allow MM to share the lyrics when we are connected through the script it would greatly off set all the problems with lyrics databases? In a few weeks we could have a significant resource :roll: If the idea panned out we could get it added to main program or pay an annual fee if we need a DEDICATED SERVER. I'd love something like it at least the idea desires discussion
Never let the truth influence your opinion, you can't fix stupid