VLC Player plugin (MM2VLC)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Owyn

Re: VLC Player plugin (MM2VLC)

Post by Owyn »

Just installed VLC 1.1.2 over 1.1.0 (i.e. without remove).

Definitely need to exit MM (with MM2VLC installed) prior to installing the update.

Edit:
1)There are some on first run actions for VLC after update (e.g. internet action ok, rebuilding font cache, etc.). Recommend that you use VLC directly on at least one video file after installing an update and before trying to use it via MM2VLC.

2)If View->MM2VLC is not checked when a video track is started, then, the video seems to start in an external window instead of an embedded window. The MM controls work but things get very confused if you then enable View->MM2VLC. Needs exit restart from MM to resolve confusion.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
ShadowsDemise

Post by ShadowsDemise »

I just wanted to say that this plugin works great and it's awesome. :D I was wanting to play my video podcasts and I was looking for something that I could use inside MediaMonkey and this is the plugin I found and I'm happy I found it. :)
ozw

Post by ozw »

I was actually about to give up on this plug-in because it was very buggy and the "Stop" button wasn't even working, but I realized I was still running VLC 1.1.0. Upgrading to 1.1.2 seemed to fix everything and it's working great now. My only issue is the inability to switch to full-screen view. Has this been implemented yet? If not, is there any way to configure videos to open externally in VLC rather than inside the plug-in?
heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

that's a really nice plugin! it works fine for me (win 7 x64 & vlc 1.1.4)
a fullscreen mode is apreciated though :lol:

but one question: isn't this plugin useless when MM 4 is released? i read that the next MM supports videos...
Ant}{raX

Post by Ant}{raX »

hiya

I can only seem to get one video to play, it just stops at the end of the first video (play counter doesent update either), although I have say 10 videos in the now playing list ....
or am I not doing something correctly :oops:

Regards
Ant}{raX

Post by Ant}{raX »

Hiya.....

I have a few songs (Mp3's) and a couple of music vids (Avi's)....
I create a playlist which incorporates both (.mp3's and .avi's) Randomized!
I have a MM2VLC Player embedded, "now playing" and "album art" enabled....
While playing audio files the embedded window is blank!
Could the MM2VLC display a visualization during audio playback?
Also, after playing any video file can MM2VLC progress (and update the play counter) to the next track in the MM playlist? (I think I may have brought this up in another post (Sorry).

Regards
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

what version of vlc do you have they updated last week i think. i have 1.1.2 maybe mine is old if you have 2?

but in answer to can vlc play av effects for just audio yes there is an option to run av effects you will have to go in to
the advanced options for the audio i belive to turn them on.? but i don't know if that is just one session or perment?
avi's are old windows format some can have a huge drain on the computer cpu it might be best to change them to
the smaller formats of mpeg 4 or wmv. both of which will hold audio with the video part.

and they have a much easier power drain on the cpu. if you do have a dual core or quad core system you should
also set up the cores you wish to use for which program. you could run mediamonkey on one core and the vlc on another
this will help with the power drain on the cpu, also you could set the priority to higher on win7 and realtime on xp. for both those programs, in order to do that i found an new program that will work for both xp and win7, its called
Bill2's Process Manager. and its free i found it on majorgeeks.com but its more likely on other freeware sites too.

i'm not sure why your not getting the plugin to move to the next one on your list unless the avi is causing the trouble as they are also huge files. and it could be causing the vlc player when used with the plugin to stop when the ram is used up.
which would be done when trying to change from one huge file to the next. if that is not the trouble then it might be the fact that the cpu runs the cycles up to 100% when changing files and it in combo with the huge file size might cause the crash of the vlc player?

:-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Ant}{raX wrote:Hiya.....

Regards
i just relized your a new member i thought i seen you post before?

welcome to the forum and to mediamonkey. :D

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Ant}{raX

Post by Ant}{raX »

Hiya

I Have VLC-1.1.4-win32, I renamed all my MPEG, mpg, m1v etc to AVI so that MM would play them (Which Works WELL)...
If I left them as Mpg etc it just skipped the mpg's until it found an avi, played it then stopped.

Maybe it's the SKIN i'm using "Eclipse Small Player" :o

Yup I have Posted B4 .... but only registered today. :oops:

Thanks
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

well there's your problem!!!

:roll:

you can just rename files to a different one to get them to load but the player will play them with the correct codec
of the correct file format.

maybe the changing of the format codec's is making the vlc program crash as it sees one that is not what it really is
and then it has to get the other codecs but still it trys to play with the codecs for what it is being called. confusing
the ?? out of vlc,, not sure if that is it but it seems to be the major connection for your error.

there are several video file converting programs for free that change the format to one you want.
by re coding the videos for you.

one i use is XMedia Recoder i found it on majorgeeks.com its freeware,
does a fast and very good job of it.

you might want to make all your files the same format and see if the program will then play the whole playlist with out stopping. if it still does not fix your error then i suggest it to be a vlc error and you should contact them because monkey does not have code for video in mm 3 only this plug in script for the vlc player and that is a user created script.

8)
Ant}{raX

Post by Ant}{raX »

Hiya

Vlc is not crashing as such, it just seems to be freezing a few seconds from the end of any video clip. If I manually drag the progress bar to the end the next video will start up ok, but then freeze a couple of seconds from the end again...
I think I read that someone else had this same problem.

Anyway, I will convert all the mpg's to another format and see how that goes.

Thanks
oddBeat

Post by oddBeat »

Hi,

I have the same problem as Ant}{raX.
VLC is 1.1.3.
All other programs/plugins are updated.

I also manually renamed all video files to .avi and I can confirm, that converting them with XMedia Recoder to real .avi, doesn't resolve the problem of stuck video at the end (usually a second or less).
What else can I try?

edit:
It can play and crossfade tracks from MP3 to AVI, but not from AVI to AVI or to MP3 (or whatever)

Thnx,
Roger
Ant}{raX

Post by Ant}{raX »

Hiya

Thanks Roger, saves me trying to convert all my vids..... :D
ian.sorbello

Post by ian.sorbello »

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on the forum for a while - and I note a few people having problems with using playlists and freezing issues when it gets near the end of a file.
I don't currently know what's causing this - to be honest I've not been working on this plugin for quite some time. I'll poke around and see if I can find anything and hopefully post a solution.

Also, in general - are there any filetypes that MM2VLC doesn't support that you are using that you'd like added? It's actually quite easy for me to do this... It's really just adding a bunch of config items into the plugin. Let me know and I'll add them.

Ian.
(the guy that coded mm2vlc)
Ant}{raX

Post by Ant}{raX »

Hiya

Thanks for that Ian,

Mpeg
mpg
vob

Cheers

P.S.