Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v1.00 [OUTDATED]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

jstrickland

Re: Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v1.00 [MM3]

Post by jstrickland »

I am using Chrome as my default browser on all of my computers.
Devo7v

Post by Devo7v »

Do you have a path to the "VirtualStore". I can't seem to find it anywhere. The only Scripts.ini I have is in the scripts folder. '

EDIT: I found the VirtualStore folder, but there is nothing MediaMonkey related in it.

If I run MediaMonkey as admin, Lyricator works as expected.
If I run MediaMonkey without admin rights, Lyricator throws up an error

Code: Select all

Error #70 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Permission Denied
File: "E:\PortableApps\MediaMonkeyPortable\App\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\Lyricator.vbs", Line: 203, Column: 1
jstrickland

Post by jstrickland »

I have set my default browser to IE and it still does the same thing, just opens IE instead of Chrome.
I guess I should try it on my home server. It would be faster to tag the music with lyrics on the server since they are stored there.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It will always use Internet Explorer no matter what your default browser is. That's why you were asked to check Internet Explorer.
jstrickland

Post by jstrickland »

Lowlander wrote:It will always use Internet Explorer no matter what your default browser is. That's why you were asked to check Internet Explorer.
No it doesn't. It opened Chrome when it was the default.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

I am having serious Lyricator withdrawals. Thanks for continuing to try to get this going again, it is by far the best way I have been able to find to get lyrics loaded.
ImageSpoon!
Firetribe

Post by Firetribe »

Results from here... :)
Working quite fine, I'm expieriencing some Bluescreens, but I don't think they are related to your script :D
It's working without admin rights, bu I have UAC disabled, so I suppose that in fact I have admin rights with all I'm doing.

Thank you very much for fixing the issue...as soon as I discover some problems be sure to be informed about it ;)
Unter der Maske eines Clowns siehst du die Spuren seiner Tränen...
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Hi SquirrelScript

Thanks for your work on this script. I've just started testing and it's working beautifuuly for me.
I am using Admin rights and UAC is on but that would be standard procedure for me anyway.

Thanks again and best regards

Goodog
Kevon100

Post by Kevon100 »

So...if lyricator works, what do you have to do?! :S
kittyn

Post by kittyn »

Please post an update or link to current version... lyricator_1.1.0.025 is returning 90% erroneous results, either wrong languages or simply wrong song lyrics completely.
SquirrelScript

Post by SquirrelScript »

thehammeranderson wrote:I am having serious Lyricator withdrawals. Thanks for continuing to try to get this going again, it is by far the best way I have been able to find to get lyrics loaded.
Kevon100 wrote:So...if lyricator works, what do you have to do?! :S
kittyn wrote:Please post an update or link to current version... lyricator_1.1.0.025 is returning 90% erroneous results, either wrong languages or simply wrong song lyrics completely.
Just wait a little longer. It's not yet complete, still a few bugs & I want to add a few more things.
There is no public link as it still needs testing/working on.

Firetribe & Goodog, Glad to know its working for you :) Thanks for the feedback & information.
Firetribe - I don't think Lyricator is the cause of the blue screen (or at least I hope not!). Isn't it usually due to hardware and/or driver issues?
~Got Code?~

Code: Select all

http://www.SquirrelScript.net
Kittyn

Post by Kittyn »

SquirrelScript wrote: Just wait a little longer. It's not yet complete, still a few bugs & I want to add a few more things.
There is no public link as it still needs testing/working on.

Firetribe & Goodog, Glad to know its working for you :) Thanks for the feedback & information.
Firetribe - I don't think Lyricator is the cause of the blue screen (or at least I hope not!). Isn't it usually due to hardware and/or driver issues?
I'll help test!
My library is safely backed up, has very diverse music sources and I can help troubleshoot any blue screen errors.
diegovar

Post by diegovar »

Hey, just wanted to chip in with my tests with the latest beta. I just ran it through most of my Ipod music, which is all correctly tagged, and even though it did work for some files, the match ratio is drastically lower than the one the original Lyricator had. It probably tagged like 15% of my songs, and what left me perplexed was that it didn't find any lyrics for any song of my 6 Beatles albums :S.
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Hi Guys

I have to say that the script was able to find almost all the lyrics I have asked it to and I have some fairly obscure stuff, well, when I say obscure, I mean not very popular. So far the hitrate has been excellent. I have all the Beatles stuff but I must admit I haven't tried to find any of their stuff yet. I'm at work just now but I'll try that later and let you all know how I get on.

Best Regards

Goodog
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Goodog wrote:Hi Guys

I'm at work just now but I'll try that later and let you all know how I get on.

Best Regards

Goodog
You shouldn't be doing this at work, should you? :lol: