Silence Between Songs v3.0 [MM3] updated 2010-12-26

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rovingcowboy

Re: Silence Between Songs v2.2 [MM3] updated 2010-05-01

Post by rovingcowboy »

eyal
found something that is a little bothersome with both the scripts.

well bothersome to me anyway.

but it seems to add a second even when it is disabled. tried with both versions got the same thing, could this be the extra second that was needed so it would not interfear with the other scripts that need a second to run like the switch eq preset script, if so then this is not a bother to me anymore as i understand why it is doing it. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

rovingcowboy wrote:but it seems to add a second even when it is disabled.
Hi cowboy,

This is strange, it's not suppose to. Are you sure it my script? Try uninstall it, restart MM and see if it still the case.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Eyal wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote:but it seems to add a second even when it is disabled.
Hi cowboy,

This is strange, it's not suppose to. Are you sure it my script? Try uninstall it, restart MM and see if it still the case.
allready did before i posted i wanted to make sure of it first.
yes its your script.

but like i said it might be done to allow the other scripts that switch things or
do things when the song starts to have room
also. if you did not do it then maybe they added it in to mediamonkey
with one of the updates ages ago and i just seen it? 8)

it is only noticeable if you have the same msagent program i use for the announcer, the second shows up by way of making the annoucer double kick to the next song. so instead of skipping one song it skips two songs. with out the script in the annoucer is back to normal one skip. with the extra skip it makes the announcer say the first song it skipped too then play the second one it skipped too. that tells me there was a second added between the songs when your script is disabled.
other wise my announcer would not have thought the song ended and skipped to the next one.

no biggy for me i'll just go back to listen to the dj fight with the song on who is to have priority over the speakers. Um? maybe i'll set that priority up on the announcer that might work?

anyway back to your script it is working i tested it with the announcer of mine disabled nice if not using the announcer
but i'll take it back out cause i want the announcer. not because of your script.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Eyal

Re: Silence Between Songs v3.0 [MM3] updated 2010-12-26

Post by Eyal »

New version 3.0 is available.

- Now the script can automatically skip the delay on gapless tracks.

How it works:
  • Info specifying "Gapless Track" must previously be entered (in one of 5 Custom Fields) for each track you don't want a delay at the end.
  • You set in the options which Custom Field and what value to use.
  • The value can be anything you like (minimum 1 character/digit) and can be position anywhere in the field. For example, you could append it to the end of Custom3 field, and still use TiedSongsGroups script (which also uses Custom3) without needing to use an additional custom field.
  • The script checks this info when track starts playing, to minimize processing time when the track ends.
Tagging the gapless tracks should be easy and straightforward to do. Select all tracks (except last one) of a gapless album and set Properties at once.

-> Useful script to append/prepend data to any field: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=36013

I'm open to any improvements. Cheers!

Eyal :~)
Norman24

Post by Norman24 »

Thanks so much for the update, I appreciate your dedication and hard work...
TRM

Post by TRM »

I am having a problem with 3.0 version of the script. I get errors each time I start MediaMonkey now that it has been installed.

"Object doesn't support this property or method: SDB.Player.StopAfterCurrent" - Line: 106, Column: 8

I am using MediaMonkey version 3.1.1.1261 on Windows XP with SP3.

I appreciate any help with this.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Hi TRM,

Have you checked system requirement (first post)?.
Version 2.x and up needs MediaMonkey v3.1.2 +.

:~)
TRM

Post by TRM »

I mis-read the requirements. Upgraded to 3.2x and all is good. I didn't realize I was that far behind.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

TRM wrote:I mis-read the requirements. Upgraded to 3.2x and all is good. I didn't realize I was that far behind.
yep monkey jumps them limbs in the tree really fast anymore, can't be a slowpoke anylonger. :)
TRM

Post by TRM »

I am having a problem occasionally with Silence Between Songs script in that it will pop up an script error: "Error executing script error", and "Error #424: Microsoft VBScript runtime error Object required: 'GapProgress', File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\SilenceBetweenSongs.vbs", Line: 162, Column 3.

That line has the following code:
If GapProgress.Value >= GapProgress.MaxValue Then

It seems to happen just after it loads the "next" song in the queue. It doesn't happen to every song, in fact is happens usually rarely.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

my guess would be that the songs have had the silent space trimed too close to the front of the song and there is no place to add in any. more silent space. but then i don't write scripts either its just a guess though. :)

but it might be something wrong in the headers of the songs it toss's the error alert for. :-?
timgrimsey

Post by timgrimsey »

I am having a problem occasionally with Silence Between Songs script in that it will pop up an script error: "Error executing script error", and "Error #424: Microsoft VBScript runtime error Object required: 'GapProgress', File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\SilenceBetweenSongs.vbs", Line: 162, Column 3.
I am having this problem although my error details are Line: 144, Column: 9.

I cannot open Command Prompt to look at the script (I wouldn't know what to look for anyway.

If I play any track, it skips it and highlights it gray as if the file does not exist. It will go through a whole album or playlists, just skipping each track without any sound.

MM runs perfectly though other profiles on my laptop (Vista Home 32-bit) that don't have the script. I have also removed the script completely from my profile and laptop with the same problem.

Any thoughts/advice?

Thanks
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

You need at least MM 3.1.2 with v2.0 and v3.0 of this script.
The "Object required" error seems to be an issue with other script(s) interraction.

I suggest you to use script v1.0 (which doesn't use a progress bar).

:~)
timgrimsey

Post by timgrimsey »

I "fixed" the problem after about 4 hours. I have no idea what fixed it of caused it. I reinstalled MM. Upgraded to Version 3.2.5 which didn't help at first. Removed SilenceBetweenSongs which didn't work. I can't remember my exact steps - but I was relieved when it started actually working again.

Today is is not working again.

This is serious for me as I often use MM to DJ music at swing dancing events. I'm lucky this hasn't happened while DJing but now I'm very anxious.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

I don't want to need to use iTunes.
tadcook

Post by tadcook »

I have the same problem. I am using MediaMonkey Gold 3.2.5.1306, and this started happening after installing the silence between songs script.

My laptop is running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Error #424 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Object required: 'GapProgress'
File: "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\SilenceBetweenSongs.vbs" Line: 160, Column: 6

After I click OK:

Error executing script event.

I got the "Error executing script event" error when installing the script the first time, so I uninstalled it, and installed again.