Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-16)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

qazwsxedcrfvg

Re: Lyricator v1.1.1 #31 (2010-12-16)

Post by qazwsxedcrfvg »

Thanks, love your plug-in. Exactly what I needed.
Gege's Lyrics and Comment viewer + Lyricator -> finally can use only MM (have been using Songbird for lyrics).

Would be still nice to have:
1) multi thread (checking several songs at the same time, not only one after enother)
2) checking for the lyrics automatically when playing, and saving it, if no lyrics is available. Not to check already checked (history), most likely the tracks are e.g. OST, Instrumentals; if necessary always can be rechecked manually.
3) Option to select an alternative source / combine sources (e.g. If one source has only Japanese/Chinese characters, and other has it written in 'read-form' with a translation.)
4) Option to change font size. (at least I didn't find any).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) Might result in unfair loads on lyric server
2) MiniLyrics does this I believe
3) Every source needs to be coded for, so it's not something the user could just add
qazwsxedcrfvg

Post by qazwsxedcrfvg »

Lowlander wrote:1) Might result in unfair loads on lyric server
3) Every source needs to be coded for, so it's not something the user could just add
1) Yeah, I thought about it too. After several hours it looked through all my tracks missing lyrics. So, actually it is fine. And thanks to the functionality that you can continue using MM when it searches for lyrics, I think it is not so big a deal (as I thought at the beginning).
)Could not find this in options, and when playing the file, the lyrics were not updated.
3) I meant for those sources which are already coded - to be able to choose or combine these sources.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

qazwsxedcrfvg wrote:
Lowlander wrote:1) Might result in unfair loads on lyric server
1) Yeah, I thought about it too. After several hours it looked through all my tracks missing lyrics. So, actually it is fine. And thanks to the functionality that you can continue using MM when it searches for lyrics, I think it is not so big a deal (as I thought at the beginning).
)Could not find this in options, and when playing the file, the lyrics were not updated.
3) I meant for those sources which are already coded - to be able to choose or combine these sources.
2) You didn't look hard enough then
3) That's already in the lyricator options, unless I'm misunderstanding you.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Hi Guys

@Josh - Thank you so much!! Your method worked for me beautifully although I had to mess around with it a bit but it's working great now! Thank you again.

Best Regards

Goodog
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

PS. MiniLyrics is a different addon.

You might want to create an AutoPlaylist that shows all tracks without Lyrics or just sort the main library on Lyrics to quickly identify those tracks missing lyrics.
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

qazwsxedcrfvg wrote: 3) I meant for those sources which are already coded - to be able to choose or combine these sources.
nohitter151 wrote: 3) That's already in the lyricator options, unless I'm misunderstanding you.
OH! I suspect OP means concatenating lyrics from two sources. IOWs appending the results of 2nd search to the results of a previous search, not overwriting. Very interesting idea. Perhaps an option that loads the existing content of LYRICS tag for the track under search, then appending the new lyrics found to it, then $user can right-click and edit them together before saving.

Will add that to my own bug/RFE list for consideration. When Squirrelscript returns from IRL demands, we may revisit this. No promises, though....
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

davidbspalding wrote:IOWs appending the results of 2nd search to the results of a previous search, not overwriting. Very interesting idea. Perhaps an option that loads the existing content of LYRICS tag for the track under search, then appending the new lyrics found to it, then $user can right-click and edit them together before saving.
Hmm... can't imagine why anyone would want to do that! To each his own, I guess!
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
qazwsxedcrfvg

Post by qazwsxedcrfvg »

Lowlander wrote:PS. MiniLyrics is a different addon.

You might want to create an AutoPlaylist that shows all tracks without Lyrics or just sort the main library on Lyrics to quickly identify those tracks missing lyrics.
It is not a problem to identify. Just add a lyrics column, sort, select songs without lyrics, run the script.
For me - after several hours (over 5000 songs, including soundtracks which do not have lyrics), it was through.
It is still much nicer to have it updated automatically during a playback (since it loads the servers even less, and because many songs not necessarily are played at all (for a long time)).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then you should use MiniLyrics instead.
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

nohitter151 wrote:
davidbspalding wrote:IOWs appending the results of 2nd search to the results of a previous search, not overwriting. Very interesting idea. Perhaps an option that loads the existing content of LYRICS tag for the track under search, then appending the new lyrics found to it, then $user can right-click and edit them together before saving.
Hmm... can't imagine why anyone would want to do that! To each his own, I guess!
Well, I copy Composer data to Lyrics so that I can see it on my iPod(s). Very trivial habit for most, I'm sure. So for a lot of songs (e.g. tracks 8 and 15 in this screenshot taken during Beta testing) I already have that info in the field, so appending lyrics to this would save me from re-executing a RegExp Search and Replace macro after Lyricator in order to re-populated the Composer data to Lyrics again. Almost minimal effort there, granted.

The OP had another use case, in which the user wants to combine lyrics found on two sources. Currently Lyricator only overwrites the tag with the current results if you click Save. A user who'd want to combine would have to use RegExp S&R to copy the first Lyrics content to, say, Custom1, then copy it back into Lyrics after Lyricator is done. I'm hope I'm making sense... :roll:
«Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.» Chinese proverb
T43 XP-SP3 2GB RAM, dual hard drives, MM 4.0.3 Gold; Ipod Classic 7G v2.0.4, Nano 3G v1.1.3.
lilfellabob

Post by lilfellabob »

Guys just another thank-you post. This addon is truly wonderful and I love all who worked on it.

lilfellabob
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited for language
Crow

Post by Crow »

I have Windows 7 64bits, and MM Gold. I've installed lyricator as admin, I use MM as admin too, but when I'm trying to check lyrics, the window opens and then nothing happen. Lyricator not start the search. What should I do ?
heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

try to anable and disable some of the sources. for some reason AZLyrics and LyrDB stopped working recently. which means when those were enabled lyricator didn't do anything anymore (maybe a loop???)
mevangelisti

Post by mevangelisti »

I have Windows 7 64bits, and MM Gold. I've installed lyricator as admin, I use MM as admin too, but when I'm trying to check lyrics, when I try to check the lyrics window opens and closes immediately. What should I do ?