MusicIP Tagger 2.0 - Updated 28/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

hodgeac

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.7 - Updated 17/10/2010

Post by hodgeac »

trixmoto wrote:"FinishedSearch" is what you should get, so it looks like spaces might be causing a problem, but even without it's still not getting a result. I think I'll have to put some extra messaging in or something - not sure really what else to suggest.
OK. I guess I'll have to figure out using some other tool for my tagging. That sucks I've used your other scripts with much success in the past. Not sure why I'm having issues with this one.
-Alex
ashenkin

Post by ashenkin »

Hi There,

I'm getting the following error:

Error #5: Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Invalid Procedure call or argument
File: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mediamonkey\Scripts\MIPT\MusicIPTagger.vbs", Line 552, Column: 2

Line 552 seems to be "loc = fso.GetFile(mp3).ShortPath", but I'm not sure how VB calculates lines (are comments included?).

If I copy a song into my root (C:\) directory and make sure it has no spaces, then it works. So perhaps this is the spaces issue from before. Problem is, *all* my songs have spaces in their path, since they're all under "Documents and Settings" (even though I'm on Windows 7 - an artifact of migrating from XP).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Allie
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The idea of using the short path is that it should fix that problem - I'll have to have another look.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.8 - Updated 24/02/2011

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.8.) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added extra debug messaging
- Fixed problem with spaces in filenames
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
ashenkin

Post by ashenkin »

Now I get the same error on line 1087 column 4, "GetFile = fil.ShortPath"

Win 7 x64
MM 3.2.4.1304
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Windows 7 must not be able to produce a short path - how odd!? :-?

Can you please try commenting out the function on lines 1081-1089 so that it's like this...

Code: Select all

Function GetFile(fso,loc)
'  Dim fil : Set fil = fso.GetFile(loc)
'  If fil Is Nothing Then
'    If Debug Then Call out("File '"&loc&"' cannot be shortened")
    GetFile = loc
'  Else
'    GetFile = fil.ShortPath
'  End If
End Function
...and see if that works for you?
ashenkin

Post by ashenkin »

I no longer get a popup error, but I get the following in the autotag from web window:

Progress: 100%
Success: 0%
Failure: 100%
C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\Audioslave\Audioslave\01 Audioslave - Cochise.mp3 - application error!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think the application needs short paths and in Windows 7 the function to create them doesn't work, so I don't know where to go from there, I'm between a rock and a hard place. :-?
ashenkin

Post by ashenkin »

Hmm - I wonder if it has to do with the NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation registry key. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/121007. In my Win 7 installation, this key is set to "2". I could try to set it to 0 and restart to see what happens, though I'm a bit concerned about what else I might break by doing so.

The other option would be to find a function somewhere that builds short paths manually, not relying on the vbscript native function. I wonder how hard that would be to write?
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

Just tried 1.8 on my xp 32bit machine and I just keep getting "No results"

1.7 works fine except for not writing to the Mood field.
Not sure if this has anything to do with the above posts but I have mentioned before about this script never having worked with "Mood" field.

I have just done a full test on my old xp machine and MusicIP Tagger will not write PUID values to the Mood,Tempo,Quality or Occasion fields.

However PUID Generator will??

On my brand new W7 64bit machine MusicIP Tagger will not write PUID values to Mood,Tempo,Quality or Occasion either.???
Again PUID generator does write to these fields.

I have even tried installing MM on my W7 32bit laptop (totally clean database/install) and trying 1.8 on that.
No results at all with 1.8 (same as the xp machine)

Tried with 1.7 and this works fine except for the Mood,Tempo,Quality, Occasion. So I'm assuming that means it's not a fault with my machine or database.

The only program running on all 3 machines is Chrome,AVG free anti virus and iTunes. Don't know if that helps.

??????????????
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I can write one myself that will work to an extent, because it's basically capatilising, removing spaces and then truncating. The problem is that you then append "~1", "~2", etc, if multiple files in the folder are shortened to the same string. I will have no way of knowing which number, so I can only assume that there will only ever be one and always use "~1" - this is a pretty big assumption though!
ashenkin

Post by ashenkin »

oh yeah, good point - especially with many tracks usually being named in a very similar way, you are almost sure to have ~1, ~2, etc. Hmm. Yeah, I can see how that would get complicated quickly, figuring out how many 8.3 files there are with the same prefix in a directory, which gets "~1", which gets "~2", etc. Forget it. I wonder: can you take a look at the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation registry key and see if it's set to 0? That could well be the problem, no?

I wonder if the MM developers would be open to adjusting their API to accept full pathnames, given the apparent direction of M$ to deprecate short path names? That might be the longer-term solution...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Mine is set to 0, so that might explain it. It's not the MM developers that I'd need to talk to, I think the problem is that you simply can't handle the total number of characters in the parameters when calling the PUID generation program if the paths are full, they need to be shortened.
ashenkin

Post by ashenkin »

gotcha, so it's a vbscript limitation then?

regarding the NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation issue, once you change the registry key, it apparently affects files and folders created from that point onwards. So, for example, if i were to change the key now, i would have to re-create my entire Music directory for the short names to become available. ugh.
Peke

Post by Peke »

I wonder Why don't you use windows Standard SendMessage to send TrackID to genpuid.exe (or ???) and inside that APP you directly connect To MM COM Server to retrieve/update Data?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts