Killing the Library

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Psybot

Killing the Library

Post by Psybot »

Hi

I've used MediaMonkey Standard for a while and think it's a great program for ripping CDs.

One thing that annoys me though is the Library Feature. Is there any way to kill this thing?

Thank you very much for any help,

James
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No that is not possible. MM is a music library application and as such it is the main part of MM.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

What do you mean "the library feature" - the library isn't the feature, that's the program! What is annoying that you don't want MM to do exactly?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

I think it would be a nice feature if files could be played without adding them to the library automatically! Because sometimes I downlaod short samples through my browser and I just want to listen to them once.

But otherwise the library is great! :D
Big_Berny
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This can be done thru the my computer node in MM.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Songs that are in Now Playing are not necessarily in the library. If you use Explorer to find music files and double click on them (or "Play in MediaMonkey" if MM is not your default) they will show in Now Playing, but they are not in your library. I had to download a script to allow me to add songs from Now Playing into my library.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

But I'd like that they wouldn't be added if I open them through the explorer or my browser. At the moment I have linked my MP3 files to vlc so there's no problem. But it's a little bit annonying, don't you think?

Big_Berny
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you open them through explorer they are not added to MM. They are only played in MM. They are not in your library, just in Now Playing.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Shame on me! :oops: :oops: :oops:
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It wasn't you I was having this discussion, it was someone else, but this is why the Now Playing list needs to be read when you start MM. It takes a long time because all the information needs to be loaded from the files, not from the library, because you can have tracks in the Now Playing which aren't in the library.

N.B. I'm not having a go Big_Berny, I'm just mentioning this for other users whilst we're on the topic.