Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nynaevelan

Re: Magic Nodes 4.1.3 w/ 376 masks & real GUI (2011-05-09)[M

Post by nynaevelan »

Hi Zvezdand:

I am VERY rusty on creating new nodes but I cannot for the life of me figure out why this node:

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:TV>\<Group|Name:Edits>\Correct TV Series Info|Filter:<Genre> = 'TV Series' AND <Album> = ''|Show nodes:No
is giving me this eror:

magic node error2 by nynaevelan1, on Flickr

Could this be because magic nodes is not ready for 4.0??

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:

<Group|Name:TV>\<Group|Name:Edits>\Correct TV Series Info|Filter:<Genre> = 'TV Series' AND <Album> = ''|Show nodes:No
is giving me this eror:
The Show nodes qualifier could be used only with the local nodes, not with the global node. Maybe you wanted to use the Show if empty qualifier instead? Anyway, why did you write that mask manually? If you used the corresponding GUI controls you would not get that wrong mask.
nynaevelan wrote:Could this be because magic nodes is not ready for 4.0??
You would get the same error with the MM2-3. I think that the latest version of the Magic Nodes add-on is working fine with MM4. If you find out otherwise, i.e. some bug with MM4, please report about it and I will try to fix it.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I actually didn't write it manually, I used the gui thingy to create it but I kept getting that error. Except for checking the show if empty box, I used the gui controls. Like I said, I a very rusty with creating nodes but I thought this one was simple enough for me to do by myself.

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:I actually didn't write it manually, I used the gui thingy to create it but I kept getting that error. Except for checking the show if empty box, I used the gui controls. Like I said, I a very rusty with creating nodes but I thought this one was simple enough for me to do by myself.
You actually discovered a bug, thanks for the report. There is the new release, v4.1.4 - 2011-05-29:
* Fixed: Show if empty qualifier of the global node set by GUI when a mask doesn't contain any local node.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
aprzybylo

Re: Magic Nodes 4.1.4 w/ 377 masks & real GUI (2011-05-29)[M

Post by aprzybylo »

Hey,

each time I try to insert "Path" in the SQL statement I get pop up Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error. Also after that each time I try to execute that script I get the same pop up.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

aprzybylo wrote:each time I try to insert "Path" in the SQL statement I get pop up Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error. Also after that each time I try to execute that script I get the same pop up.
I don't know how this add-on could cause that kind of error. It could help if you post:
1. version of the program and version of the add-on;
2. problematic mask;
3. screenshot of the error message.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Hi Zvezdand:

I am still having trouble with MN with the latest mm4 beta, I am trying to create some nodes and they are very simple, and yet I cannot get them to show any results although I have tracks within my library that meet the conditions. I have trying to create nodes that identify tracks that have an empty tempo, mood, quality, disc number. For the first three I get no error messages but the nodes never show, for the disc number I keep getting an error message that there is something wrong with the sql but I do not know how to fix it. Here is a copy of the nodes:

Mask11=<Group|Name:Music>\<Group|Name:Edits>\Find Disc No.|Show if empty:No|Filter:<Disc number> = '' AND <Format> = 'mp3'\<Title>
Mask15=<Group|Name:Music>\<Group|Name:Edits>\Find Quality|Show if empty:No|Filter:<Quality> = '' AND <Format> = 'mp3'\<Title>
Mask17=<Group|Name:Music>\<Group|Name:Edits>\Find Tempo|Show if empty:No|Filter:<Tempo> = '' AND <Format> = 'mp3'\<Title>
Mask14=<Group|Name:Music>\<Group|Name:Edits>\Find Mood|Show if empty:No|Filter:<Mood> = '' AND <Format> = 'mp3'\<Title>
Are these problems due to my ignorance or incompatibility with MM4? I have others that work out fine but I cannot figure out why these are not working.

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:Are these problems due to my ignorance or incompatibility with MM4?
These problems are not because of MM4, but because of the nature of the mentioned fields. You could check one similar example in the Filter Examples group - "Genre is undefined". You could write <Genre> (or <Tempo>, <Artist> or any other multi-item field) = 'whatever' or <> 'whatever', but you cannot write <Genre> = '' or <> '' (i.e. you cannot use that syntax with the empty string). <Disc number> has not the same problem since it is not multi-item field, but it has problem because it is sorted as integer, not as string. So, you could try this instead:

<Group|Name:Music>\<Group|Name:Edits>\Find Disc No.|Show if empty:No|Filter:Songs.DiscNumber = '' AND <Format> = 'mp3'\<Title>

<Group|Name:Music>\<Group|Name:Edits>\Find Quality|Show if empty:No|Filter:Songs.Quality = '' AND <Format> = 'mp3'\<Title>

<Group|Name:Music>\<Group|Name:Edits>\Find Tempo|Show if empty:No|Filter:Songs.Tempo = '' AND <Format> = 'mp3'\<Title>

<Group|Name:Music>\<Group|Name:Edits>\Find Mood|Show if empty:No|Filter:Songs.Mood = '' AND <Format> = 'mp3'\<Title>
By the way, I did not get the error message using your mask with the disc number.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Thank you VERY much for your help and for your patience. You would think I would have the hang of this by now, and I promise I will try to get the others without bothering you.

Nyn

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:You would think I would have the hang of this by now, and I promise I will try to get the others without bothering you.
You don't bother me at all and don't hesitate to ask whenever you want some answer. This problem you have mentioned is not usual and obvious even for those who know SQL very well. In fact, I am thinking how could I modify script to allow <Genre|Artist|Tempo|...> = '' syntax or at least <Disc number> = ''.

By the way, I forgot to say that instead of Songs.Tempo you could write <Multi Tempo>, instead of Songs.Quality you could write <Multi Quality>...
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

ZvezdanD wrote:
By the way, I forgot to say that instead of Songs.Tempo you could write <Multi Tempo>, instead of Songs.Quality you could write <Multi Quality>...
Thanks I saw the presets for ones that include those fields but at the time I am setting up my editing nodes so I am interested in the ones that do not have any values so I can update those and ironically the ones that I thought were going to be complex I was able to complete in 90 minutes and it took me hours to struggle through the ones which I thought were simple to create. Go figure!! :lol: Now that I have all my music ones setup, now I can wrap my mind around what I will need for my videos.

markeh

Post by markeh »

I'm trying to to two things:

1. Select a random set of full classical albums that haven't recently been played. ie: 40 classical albums that haven't been played recently.

The following script selects ALL such albums. I want to limit to a count:

<Class> = 'c' AND (<Days since last played> > 90 OR <Played> = 0)

(note that some of these have never been played). In my system, class=C means classical.

2. I would like to sync this list to my ipod.

Apparently I'm using MN 4.0 (at least that's what Extensions.ini says. )

thnx,

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

markeh wrote:1. Select a random set of full classical albums that haven't recently been played. ie: 40 classical albums that haven't been played recently.
You could try this mask where at least one track from each album should not been played recently (but you need different mask if you want albums where all tracks haven't been played recently):

<Group|Name:Random|Show tracks:No>\40 Random complete Albums that haven't been played in last 90 days|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE <Class> = 'c' GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(TrackNumber) = Max(Cast(TrackNumber As integer)) AND Count(TrackNumber) > 3 AND (Max(<Days since last played>) > 90 OR Min(<Played>) = 0))\<Album with Album Artist|Sort order:Random|Top:40|Show rank:Yes>
markeh wrote:2. I would like to sync this list to my ipod.
You could sync tracks from Magic nodes only manually using the Sync Selected option. Actually, you could sync some Magic node even automatically if you place it into the Playlists branch adding |Child of:Playlists|Position:Child to the global node, but in that case you need to use Refresh Magic Node command from its context menu every time before sync.
markeh wrote:Apparently I'm using MN 4.0
It is always recommended to upgrade to the latest version of add-on.
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

I'm seeing something a little strange with MM4 - I have the following mask:

Small Artwork by Size|Icon:top level|Filter:cast(Songs.Custom3 as integer) < 000250000\<Custom 3>\<Album Artist>\<Album>
It produces a list of nodes corresponding to the contents of Custom 3, which is as expected - however, clicking on the arrow next to the node doesn't open anything up, and clicking on the node itself doesn't populate the file list. If I remove the <Custom 3> reference, then I'm able to get a track list again.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

fizzjob wrote:I'm seeing something a little strange with MM4
I am not sure that understand your description, maybe a screenshot could help. Have you renamed Custom 3 field after creating that mask? If that is a case, you could try to close and re-open the MN Settings dialog box and create the wanted mask again using GUI controls, i.e. instead of <Custom 3> you should have <renamed_Custom_3>.