1385: losing album art on tracks as they play [#8051,8223]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

JeffV64

Re: 1385: losing album art on tracks as they play [#8051]

Post by JeffV64 »

In this post http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=59117 DieHardDan mentions that he noticed some pixelation. I've seen that too, though I thought it was occurring to a lesser extent in 1401. Anyway, this is the worst that I have seen:

99.999% sure that this art was fine before.

Jeff

Edit: I should have mentioned that restarting MM can make this go away, though it has returned. I am having trouble seeing a pattern.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Try emptying the image cache (in your MM temp folder) first and see if it isn't remnants of other builds causing this.
JeffV64

Post by JeffV64 »

Good idea, but no. I had 5 cache folders. Closed MM and deleted them all. Restarted, browsed to the Bob Dylan album that I posted earlier, and had the problem again. Interestingly, it is the pixelated version of the art that was put in the new cache folder.

Jeff
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

I confirm pixelation as well.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Onweerwolf wrote:I confirm this problem in 1401.

I also noticed something else, which may be related. Aside from the album art sometimes not displaying in skins that show the art in the player. Cover art that has the color white is actually screwed up. See example:

I've noticed similar problems with other covers that have white backgrounds.
It's not just the color white that does this....

JeffV64

Post by JeffV64 »

With 1402 my art is now fine (using the vitreous skin - haven't tried a custom skin yet).

Now if we can get 8089 fixed (the pasting art issue): http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8089 :)

Thanks!

Jeff
Pman

Post by Pman »

Im having this pixelated problem too. Funny thing is my Transformers Soundtrack album artwork looks pixelated, must be down to them Decepticons!
There's nothing wrong with the image file itself, seems clean to me and no pixelation when viewed normally. It came from albumartexchange so there shouldnt be any problems with it.

This has only started happening with 1400, i didnt have this problem on previous builds. Also there's a thing where the album art looks blurry for a split second and them focuses and looks sharp (like it's supposed to). Not sure if that's related but hay ho.

The pixelated look is also on a few other AAs, like my Smashing Pumpkins one for the Mellon Collie album. Here is a picture of what Megatron did to my AA for Transformers album:

Edit: Im using 1402 and problem still occurs. Deleted temp folders through CCleaner/Auslogic/Ashampoo and problem still occurs.
  • W7Ultimate x32 - MM4 - SHABBA!
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

I have reproduced the pixelation problem as well as the problem I mentioned above in two screenshots with background colors becoming transparant under 1402 using the the glided skin.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Would someone be friendly enough to try and see if they can reproduce the image background problem described above? If needed I could send you one of the images that gives me a problem.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Thanks for the report, I can confirm the pixelation, it will be fixed in the next build. http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8107

Jiri
rusty

Post by rusty »

omg... another 'monster' thread. Please try to report separate issues into separate threads--otherwise it gets very tough to manage/track.

JeffV64: we're not able to reproduce the pasting art problem in build 1403. Do you still see it?

Oneweerwolf: I don't see the transparency problems that you do. Anyone else?
Maybe post a link to one of the files (perhaps it's something specific about the AA in those files).

-Rusty
JeffV64

Post by JeffV64 »

Rusty, just installed 1403. This is what I do:

I find art and copy the image. I then find the file that I want to replace, right click to bring up properties, go to the artwork tab, right click in the white space and select paste. Option is to save to tag otherwise to folder. In MM3, if I did this and actually pasted the art in, it would come up along with the image type drop down box etc. However now if I do that the image does not come up, and if I click ok I get the image with the beamed pair of notes (which I gather is the usual missing art icon). So yes, I am still seeing this problem.

Jeff

EDIT by Moderator: The discussion for this particular issue is moved to http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=59125
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

rusty wrote:Oneweerwolf: I don't see the transparency problems that you do. Anyone else?
Maybe post a link to one of the files (perhaps it's something specific about the AA in those files).

-Rusty
Here is one of the problematic image files: http://www.mediafire.com/i/?s9az19n5ko3wgxq
Pman

Post by Pman »

Just to let you know, the horrible pixelation thingy has been fixed. Cheers Guys!!!
  • W7Ultimate x32 - MM4 - SHABBA!
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Pman2009 wrote:Just to let you know, the horrible pixelation thingy has been fixed. Cheers Guys!!!
Confirming this in 1404.

The background transparency problem has not been fixed however.