MediaMonkey iTunes plugin (d_itunes4.dll)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Anubis

Re: MediaMonkey iTunes plugin (d_itunes.dll & d_itunes4.dll)

Post by Anubis »

What does this mean...

Code: Select all

[3648] d_itunes4.dll 10:22:47 PM Check process exists iTunes.exe
[3648] d_itunes4.dll 10:22:47 PM Check process (iTunes.exe) exists done -1
[3648] d_itunes4.dll 10:22:47 PM getItunesSource not found    <-------------------this line
[3648] d_itunes4.dll 10:22:47 PM Clear playlist deletion list
[3648] d_itunes4.dll 10:22:47 PM ItunesSyncFullStart done
[3648] d_itunes4.dll 10:22:47 PM ItunesSyncStart
Specifically the getItunesSource not found?

I am having horrendous problems with this add-in and am looking for what the problem could be at my end.
Thanks
aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo »

markstuartwalker wrote:A change of tag information updates the timestamp of the flac file. MM recognises that a convert is needed irrespective of the minor nature of the change.
There must be a way for MM to find out that only tag changed. I was using native sync with iPhone before including flac conversion and that was never that slow on the update. I think it must be possible to find out if the change is related to the tag change or song itself and do just tag update in first place.
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

markstuartwalker wrote: I'm not convinced that it is a problem copying FROM, I imagine that it's the destination which is the problem. Read the message very carefully and note the file paths accurately. Try to manually copy the file in Explorer.
OK, I do have a problem copying at the command line, but ONLY after this application has run.
If I reboot and try the copy at the command line, it works fine.
I have never had a problem before with copy from the source(UNC network share) to the destination (local hard disk).

What is it about this plug-in that causes this problem????

I tried the plug-in on the local drive to local drive and some really funny things are happening. It didn't work as expected, mostly missing files is the best I can say for the moment.
I'll do some digging with the debugger and see what I can find out.
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

Anubis wrote:What does this mean...

[3648] d_itunes4.dll 10:22:47 PM getItunesSource not found    <-------------------this line

I am having horrendous problems with this add-in and am looking for what the problem could be at my end.
Thanks
Totally wierd!! Really not sure how it got into that state. Exit MM and use regedit to delete the following entry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaMonkey\Device\<d_itunes4.dll on XXXXX>\sourcename
and restart MM and try again
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
markstuartwalker

Anubis wrote: What is it about this plug-in that causes this problem????

I tried the plug-in on the local drive to local drive and some really funny things are happening. It didn't work as expected, mostly missing files is the best I can say for the moment.
I'll do some digging with the debugger and see what I can find out.
Reduce the sync list down to a single playlist with a single track and to reduce the amount of debug.
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

markstuartwalker wrote:
Anubis wrote:What does this mean...

Thanks
Totally wierd!! Really not sure how it got into that state. Exit MM and use regedit to delete the following entry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaMonkey\Device\<d_itunes4.dll on XXXXX>\sourcename
and restart MM and try again
Hmm, I actually ended up deleting the whole key "<d_itunes4.dll on XXXXX>". Since then, the plug-in seems to be doing what it should do.
I'll keep a very close eye on it and do some serious testing. If the problem comes back, I'll let you know.
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

Anubis wrote: Hmm, I actually ended up deleting the whole key "<d_itunes4.dll on XXXXX>". Since then, the plug-in seems to be doing what it should do.
I'll keep a very close eye on it and do some serious testing. If the problem comes back, I'll let you know.
Nuh, problems are back. It seems to have problems with my UNC pathed music share, that NO OTHER software has.
I'm putting the use of this script on hold. Seems to have too many issues in my environment for the moment.

I REALLY like the idea of the script, so when I have a lot more time, I'll get into the debugging side of things.
aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo »

I have the same problem again.... I synched my library and to test just redo synch. The result? I got over 2k of songs (out of 4k) - all of them that just have been synched marked as not in the synchronization list, as the result all marked to be deleted. I didn't change anything between those 2 syncs. I canceled the sync, restarted and now without any message all 4k are synched again (with all my flac to reconvert again thats over 12hrs of synching)...
markstuartwalker

Anubis wrote: Nuh, problems are back. It seems to have problems with my UNC pathed music share, that NO OTHER software has.
I'm putting the use of this script on hold. Seems to have too many issues in my environment for the moment.

I REALLY like the idea of the script, so when I have a lot more time, I'll get into the debugging side of things.
Do you have a non-english local set on the PC? The non-English locale installations of iTunes have different names for the internal libraries.

I REALLY like the idea of you using the plugin too. :D

EDIT: I've done some work and suspect that I now know the answer. Can you look in the registry and tell me what the value of the 'sourcename' entry is? Also, expand the iTunes node in MM (while iTunes is running) and tell me what nodes appear. I have "Library" and "Radio".
Last edited by markstuartwalker on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
markstuartwalker

aprzybylo wrote:I have the same problem again.... I synched my library and to test just redo synch. The result? I got over 2k of songs (out of 4k) - all of them that just have been synched marked as not in the synchronization list, as the result all marked to be deleted. I didn't change anything between those 2 syncs. I canceled the sync, restarted and now without any message all 4k are synched again (with all my flac to reconvert again thats over 12hrs of synching)...
There is clearly something different with your setup compared to mine. I'd appreciate some help in diagnosing the problem. I suggest that you reduce your library to check the behaviour with about 20 flac files and a handful of tracks. Siwtch to Debug=2 and capture debug information then repeatedly sync until the problems occur.

Have you got any scripts that re-assign tag information (such as autorate). I would be interested to know if the timestamps on the source flac files are being updated.
Last edited by markstuartwalker on Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
markstuartwalker

aprzybylo wrote:
markstuartwalker wrote:A change of tag information updates the timestamp of the flac file. MM recognises that a convert is needed irrespective of the minor nature of the change.
There must be a way for MM to find out that only tag changed. I was using native sync with iPhone before including flac conversion and that was never that slow on the update. I think it must be possible to find out if the change is related to the tag change or song itself and do just tag update in first place.
It would seem obvious but no. I hope that maybe Ludek or Jiri are reading this as the code that checks this is within MM.

The architecture for all device plugins is the same - MM makes decisions about the choice of tracks based upon a scan of the device content, the auto sync list and the dates of the tracks in the library. The plugin then gets told the tracks that are to be downloaded and the conversion happens before the plugin gets notification.
markstuartwalker

The manual is within the distributed mmip and can be found at <MM>\Plugins\itunes4-manual.pdf .

If there are any budding authors out there that would like to help with the manual for this plugin then please message me.
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

markstuartwalker wrote:
Do you have a non-english local set on the PC? The non-English locale installations of iTunes have different names for the internal libraries.

I REALLY like the idea of you using the plugin too. :D

EDIT: I've done some work and suspect that I now know the answer. Can you look in the registry and tell me what the value of the 'sourcename' entry is? Also, expand the iTunes node in MM (while iTunes is running) and tell me what nodes appear. I have "Library" and "Radio".
No.. I have an English setup.
I'm not near my MM machine until Monday. I'll get back to you then.
Brolantor

Post by Brolantor »

Hi there!

when syncing my library to iTunes and then sync the stuff from itunes to iphone, most of the songs are overdriven, even if set the volume adjustment in itunes to zero or below and reducing the adjustments in MM to values about 86dB.

Is it just me doing something wrong?

MM4 (latest Version), iTunes 10.5, iOS 5.0.1, Win7
markstuartwalker

Brolantor wrote:Hi there!

when syncing my library to iTunes and then sync the stuff from itunes to iphone, most of the songs are overdriven, even if set the volume adjustment in itunes to zero or below and reducing the adjustments in MM to values about 86dB.

Is it just me doing something wrong?

MM4 (latest Version), iTunes 10.5, iOS 5.0.1, Win7
That is a general question, not specifically about the plugin. Check if you have got volume levelling set in iPhone, iTunes and MM. In MM it can be set for playback and at sync time. My practice is that I have eveything off except MM which I trust to do the levelling.