UPnP Sharing

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

artusor

UPnP Sharing

Post by artusor »

I am trying to get Media Monkey working with my Home Theater system. I set up UPnP sharing according to your directions, but when I try to access it from my preamp, it shows "not Authorized". Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: UPnP Sharing

Post by Lowlander »

Did you allow any device to access the MediaMonkey server?
artusor

Post by artusor »

How do I allow this device access? On the access control tab, I don't ever see my preamp (a Marantz AV7005). I do see my Blu ray player (an Oppo BDP 93), but if I try to use that, it doesn't have see anything at all. I.e it looks as though there is nothing in my library at all.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

artusor wrote:How do I allow this device access? On the access control tab, I don't ever see my preamp (a Marantz AV7005). I do see my Blu ray player (an Oppo BDP 93), but if I try to use that, it doesn't have see anything at all. I.e it looks as though there is nothing in my library at all.
you may need to enable the option "Share automatically with all new devices"
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
artusor

Post by artusor »

"Share Automatically" was already enabled. Any other ideas?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Does the UPnP/DLNA server tab show attempted access by the preamp?

Also make sure your firewall does allow MediaMonkey to share.
artusor

Post by artusor »

I temporarily disabled my firewall, then tried to access Media Monkey server from my preamp. When I check the UPnP/DLNA server tab, I don't see that there has ever been an attempted access from the preamp, although I do see the access from the BluRay player (although from the oppo, I don't actually see anything in my library).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Try changing the IP Port to 4000, this will allow you to access your UPnP MediaMonkey Server from within MediaMonkey's Media Servers node. This will allow you to verify the server is working and if files are seen. I files are missing make sure that something is selected in the Content tab and also check Auto-Conversion rules.
artusor

Post by artusor »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I changed the port, and I was able to see things within MediaMonkey media servers. Inside MM everything looks ok. I still don't have access from my preamp, and still don't see any attempted access. I do have several things selected on the content tab. No auto conversion, since I'm trying to get things working on the free verison before I buy.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If within MediaMonkey you can access the media server and play files you should send a debug log to support for the failed access attempts from the preamp: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
scott967

Post by scott967 »

FWIW I also have problems with the "not authorized" being shown on the client. If I fool around enough, eventually it will start working, but so far I haven't figured out what I need to do to get it to work. It would help to know just what that "not authorized" means, though I suppose that might be implementation dependent (the client is a Denon 3311ci AVR). I have wireshark installed so can watch the network traffic, and I can see the client communicating but I haven't figured out what it's looking for but not getting. The client has no problem seeing WMP server on the same Win 7 x64 machine as MM4.

scott s.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As the client is communicating a debug log can show more details as to what is happening: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
artusor

Post by artusor »

Thanks to all for your help. I did open a case with tech support. When I tried again, with debug running, my Oppo player was able to access the library, but still no luck from within the Marantz.

Scott967: Thats interesting since your Denon is probably not too different than my Marantz. It does seem that MM is a bit more tricky since I have had success with other media servers. Would love to know what causes your system to work sometimes.
GreenOnyx

Post by GreenOnyx »

Did you ever figure anything out on this? I can't really get Media Monkey to show up on my Denon 3808. It showed once, I think possibly because I was running Tversity at the same time, but I can't seem to replicate it. When it did show though I had the same Not Authorized in the name that you did and I didn't see any connection attempts in the logs.

I did notice in the TVersity changelog that they reference the Denon 3808 having a Not Authorized message and that it "uses Philips SLA profile", so I'm not sure if that means anything.