Move database and keep Play Counts

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

lorie

Move database and keep Play Counts

Post by lorie »

How do I move my library to my new laptop and retain the play counts? If I have to start from scratch, it really negates the usefulness of such Auto Playlists as "Top 50" or "Favorites" or any of those based on play count.

Or is there any way to edit the db so that it looks for the songs in C:\{me}\sound\mp3s (the folder on the laptop) instead of e:\sound\mp3s (the folder on the desktop)?

Thanks,
Lois
Lowlander

Re: Move database and keep Play Counts

Post by Lowlander »

There are some topics on how to do so with SQL Viewer: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ge#p282679
lorie

Post by lorie »

I am obviously missing something; I tried the script referenced above. It changed the reference in the db but the items are still greyed out and will not play. Then I rescanned the location and now it says my library has triple the number of songs it should and the only ones that play did not inherit the db information, notably the play count. Frustrated! Perhaps someone could give me step by step instructions as I must be doing something wrong...

Thanks in advance!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Might be driveID issue. Ask any questions in the addons thread.

Also see: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... w_computer
lorie

Post by lorie »

Thanks for your suggestions; nothing has worked so far. So I guess I get to start over. I've wasted an entire day trying to get MM4 to see the db, to no avail...

Very disappointing, to say the least.

L
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Had you tried File > Locate moved/missing files?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

There is the new "Update Location of Files in Database" add-on which allows updating not only the serial number of drives, but you could also update just selected folder to the another ones, e.g. you could update e:\sound\mp3s to C:\{me}\sound\mp3s (the folder on the laptop).
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »