iTunes 10.5

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Re: iTunes 10.5

Post by nohitter151 »

Emufan wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:The version of iTunes is irrelevant. It's the iOS version that counts.
This isn't true! See my and the other first post of the problem here in the thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 97#p314477
It is true from a development standpoint. Just fixing MM being able to detect i-devices after iTunes version changes is a minor fix compared to new iOS releases.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Emufan

Post by Emufan »

This is only theoretical for me. I and several other people had the sync problems with 10.5 and without iOS5 here, early in october (first posts in this threads). But no quick bugfix for this was provided. Why not? Why wasn't I able to use MM this iTunes 10.5 and my non iOS5 iPhone only seconds after availability of 10.5, if this was "such a minor thing".
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Emufan wrote:This is only theoretical for me. I and several other people had the sync problems with 10.5 and without iOS5 here, early in october (first posts in this threads). But no quick bugfix for this was provided. Why not? Why wasn't I able to use MM this iTunes 10.5 and my non iOS5 iPhone only seconds after availability of 10.5, if this was "such a minor thing".
I don't understand your question. Any 4.x firmware or below works fine in MM with any iTunes version installed.

Emufan

Post by Emufan »

No! Do we have to begin the discussion/this thread once again?

Please start at the beginning of this thread (the name of the thread is "iTunes 10.5" and not iOS5 as well). Just with the first post or my one. With iOS4 and iTunes < 10.5 eveything was fine. After upgrading to 10,5, the iPhone didn't show up in MM3 anymore. => No sync since 10.5 not since iOS 5.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

@Emufan Which version of MediaMonkey are you using?
MyCsPiTTa

Post by MyCsPiTTa »

nohitter151 wrote:The version of iTunes is irrelevant. It's the iOS version that counts.
I also notice there is now an iOS 5.0.1 update. Hope that doesn't affect all the good work so far.
furinkazaan

Post by furinkazaan »

Hi! Just to say that I was waiting to go GOLD once you figured out the iOS5 compatibility bit. But considering how long this is WIP i figured it must be tougher than usual and that you folks at MM need all the support you can get NOW. So I got the licence yesterday. GO guys! Its a pain to not update to iOS5. I'm loosing out on all its features. Also after the KOBO update for iOS5, it no longer works on iOS 4. :o
dkstott

Post by dkstott »

"there's nothing wrong with MM....it's all Apple's fault for changing"

that pat answer from the MM experts is beginning to sound a lot like Microsoft used to sound when you called them...

"it's not windows XYZ, it has to be your PC...have you called your PC manufacturer?"

gimme a break.... it closing in on 3 months now and there is no sign of MM ever working straight up with IOS5 or I-tunes 10.5....

copysys can handle it and it's FREE!!!!!!!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You're entitled to your opinion, but Apple changes things on purpose to break compatibility with third parties (see Palm) and there is no documentation nor guidelines from Apple as to how to interact with their products. Anyone that wants to work with Apple products is forced to reverse engineer the connections or forced to sign agreements that wouldn't allow for MediaMonkey to exist in its current form.
Preximo

Post by Preximo »

dkstott wrote:"there's nothing wrong with MM....it's all Apple's fault for changing"

that pat answer from the MM experts is beginning to sound a lot like Microsoft used to sound when you called them...

"it's not windows XYZ, it has to be your PC...have you called your PC manufacturer?"

gimme a break.... it closing in on 3 months now and there is no sign of MM ever working straight up with IOS5 or I-tunes 10.5....

copysys can handle it and it's FREE!!!!!!!
i totally agree
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

MM 4.0.2.1562 not recognising ipod touch gen2 MC086BT ver 4.2.1. using itunes 10.5.2.11. please help....
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

never mind. forgot quicktime. man Apple is terrible - all these unwanted applications to use a device I paid for!
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Hi, here's my experiences on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit OS's, running MM3 and MM4.

iDevices with OS5? iPod Touch version 4.2.1, manually managed. Not visible in MM3, always Scanning in MM4. Tried downgrading iTunes, no difference - not sure if the downgrade was required, or completed properly..

I can't retrieve music from iPod Touch / iPhone devices. Assume it's an OS5 issue, as this appears to be intermittent.

iDevices OS version - how can this be identified? I go (device) settings > about > general.

Can't see playlists or other content. Installed the itunes plugin device, appears to work to transfer media TO the device, "via" iTunes... is it supposed to enable transfer of media FROM the device via MM also? This is not possible for me right now...

Glad to provide any other data. Thanks for all the support monkeys 8)
Grateful noob
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

dkstott wrote:"there's nothing wrong with MM....it's all Apple's fault for changing"
... copysys can handle it and it's FREE!!!!!!!
Do you have a d/l link please?!
Grateful noob
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

zephyr wrote:
... copysys can handle it and it's FREE!!!!!!!
Do you have a d/l link please?!
I'm sure he means CopyTrans, and you could just Google it to find it.