Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

eric.stephani

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Post by eric.stephani »

My Samsung Galaxy Nexus is recognized as a Samsung Galaxy Tab. Things seem to work just fine so far. But thought I would post this and see if anyone else is seeing the same thing.
gpzbc

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Post by gpzbc »

I am having a hard time getting it working right. It just hangs on the first song that it tries to sync. Did you connect the GNex as a MTP device, or as a PTP device? Any thoughts or tips you can share on how you got it working would be most appreciated since I can't seem to get it working for me. :-? Thanks!

By the way, there is a similar discussion started at this thread. Although it isn't all that useful. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1393074
--
The gpzbc
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Has anyone had any experience with this. I can't seem to figure it out, and I would love to be able to sync my new Nexus to MM. Thanks for any input!
--
The gpzbc
9TEN11

Post by 9TEN11 »

I am having the same problem. There doesnt seem to be any good syncing software for the galaxy nexus. I can manually transfer files over but it hangs on the sync.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I wonder if MM4 will be updated to support the Galaxy Nexus. I'm lost without being able to sync it to MM.
--
The gpzbc
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

As popular as the Galaxy Nexus is right now, surely someone else is trying to sync it to MM?
--
The gpzbc
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Here are some symptoms I noticed.

I have connected my Galaxy Nexus as a MTP device, and connected it to MM via the WMDM plugin. MM recognizes the GNex with no problems. I configured the auto-sync options in the device configuration menu. Everything looks as it should. But when I click on the device and select "auto-sync" this device, MM begins to try to sync it. But it just hangs at synchronizing the first song. It is as if MM is having a hard time writing the file to the GNex. I have also noticed that Windows Explorer locks up while the GNex is trying to sync to MM. I can't do anything with Windows Explorer during this time. Only terminating the sync job, and exiting out of MM will allow me to use Windows Explorer again.
--
The gpzbc
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I've been trying to figure this out all night. I wonder if it has to do with this issue/bug?
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=23090

Although, I noticed that I have no problems syncing music to the GNex via Windows Media Player.
--
The gpzbc
palmcrash

Post by palmcrash »

+1 for a Galaxy Nexus owner who's not able to transfer playlists (the song themselves sync fine, but the actual playlists don't transfer!).
Last edited by palmcrash on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Yeah, still no luck here. I am just kind of waiting for a solution. :-?
--
The gpzbc
abaez

Post by abaez »

I'm able to sync fine with my GN. Let me know if you want to see anything specific to help with your settings or something.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thanks for the offer. I have tried everything and I tend to think it is some sort of bug in the Android OS based on the link I provided above.
--
The gpzbc
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

The weird thing is that I was able to use MTP in Windows Media Player just fine. So I wonder if there isn't something weird in MM too?
--
The gpzbc

My Solution

Post by Guest »

This seems to work, although it's a pain to do every time.

Open MediaMonkey
Connect the Galaxy Nexus
Open the Options window from the Tools menu
Select Portable/Audio Devices on the left, and check only the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (or Tab)
Highlight Samsung Galaxy Nexus, then click Configure
On the Options tab, click the Reset device options... button
On the Summary tab, uncheck Scan as soon as the device is connected (eliminates the delay the next time)
Close the Device Profile: Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Options windows
Select the music and send to Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Synchronize)
windar

Post by windar »

nope, doesn't fix...