Add CurrPlaying/Selected to Playlist 1.1 (2012-02-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Add CurrPlaying/Selected to Playlist 1.1 (2012-02-06) [MM2+]

Post by ZvezdanD »

Description:
This add-on could be used with MediaMonkey v2.0 or higher. It allows adding of the currently played/selected track(s) to the specified playlists using hot-keys or toolbar buttons. You could specify several playlists for adding tracks, each one with its own hot-key and toolbar button.

Download:
http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/AddTra ... aylist.htm

What is new:
v1.1.1 - 2012-02-06
* Fixed: option to use static playlists which are children of some auto-playlist.

v1.1 - 2012-02-04
* Added: option to add arbitrary number of playlists, each one with its own hot-key and toolbar button;
* Added: possibility to specify playlist that is not on the first level without specifying its full path (only if a playlist name is unique);
* Fixed: adding of selected tracks [MM2].

v1.0 - 2012-01-22
* First public version.

Installation:
* For MediaMonkey 3.0 or higher - just double-click on the AddTracksToPlaylist-xx.mmip file; if you are on Vista or Win7 and you got "Product installation error", make sure you have MM3 set to "Run as Administrator"; if you downloaded the installation package with IE7 and it changed its extension to a .zip, you should first change it back to a .mmip.
* For MediaMonkey 2.x - rename a .mmip extension to a .zip, extract the AddTracksToPlaylist.vbs file to the MediaMonkey's "Scripts\Auto" folder and restart MM program.

Usage:
Choose Add Currently Playing Track to Playlist option from the Tools | Scripts menu if you want to add the currently playing track to the specified playlist or choose Add Selected Track(s) to Playlist if you want to add the selected track(s) to the specified playlist. You could also click the corresponding toolbar button or press the predefined hot-key. The toolbar buttons are located at the Add Tracks to Playlist toolbar in MM4 or Standard toolbar in MM2-3.

The default hot-key for adding the currently playing track is Ctrl+Alt+Shift+0 and for the selected track(s) is Alt+Shift+0. However, you could change the hot-keys in the Tools | Options dialog box on the General > Hotkeys sheet specifying General: Execute script: Add * Track to Playlist in the Action combo box with the wanted hot-key pressed in the Hotkey box. You should also use that step if you want to make the hot-key global since the default hot-keys are valid only when used inside of the program.

The playlists to which you want to add the currently playing or selected track(s) should be specified in the Tools | Options dialog box on the General | Add Tracks to Playlist sheet before you choose some of the previous options for adding tracks. You could directly select a playlist from the combo box only for playlists on the first level, i.e. a playlist which is a child of the Playlists node. If you want to add tracks to some nested playlist, you could do that if you manually enter a full path to that playlist using "\" as a separator between nested levels, e.g. Favorites\Selected Tracks. This also means that such playlists cannot have the "\" character in their names. However, if the wanted playlist has some unique name, then you could specify it without its full path.

The Add buttons next to the playlist combo boxes allow adding of arbitrary number of playlists. Beside of the each added playlist is the Del button which allows removing of the adjacent playlist from the list. The first two initial playlists cannot be removed. The default hot-keys for newly added playlists are Ctrl+Alt+Shift+1 till Ctrl+Alt+Shift+9 for currently playing track and Alt+Shift+1 till Alt+Shift+9 for selected tracks.

You could add more than 9+9 playlists, but if you want to have hot-keys for those with the number in menu greater than 9, then you need to use the Hotkeys sheet to specify them. You could add tracks to the newly added playlists by click on the corresponding toolbar button or by press on the default hot-key immediately after you confirm the settings in the Options dialog box, but you need to restart the program first if you want to change the hot-keys.
Last edited by ZvezdanD on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
nynaevelan

Re: Add CurrPlaying/Selected to Playlist 1.0 (2012-01-22) [M

Post by nynaevelan »

Z:

This looks like a very powerful tool, one that I plan on using to replace an older version of a similar script. Unfortunately the script only seems to have the parent playlists listed, is it possible for it to also list child playlists, I keep most of my playlists nested within other playlists.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:Unfortunately the script only seems to have the parent playlists listed, is it possible for it to also list child playlists, I keep most of my playlists nested within other playlists.
I have updated the first post with somewhat more details, you most probably have read the old content. Here is the excerpt which is interesting you: "You could directly select a playlist from the combo box only for playlists on the first level, i.e. a playlist which is a child of the Playlists node. If you want to add tracks to some nested playlist, you could do that if you manually enter a full path to that playlist using "\" as a separator between nested levels, e.g. Favorites\Selected Tracks. This also means that such playlists cannot have the "\" character in their names."

So, the answer is: yes, you could specify some nested child playlist, but only manually.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

ZvezdanD wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:Unfortunately the script only seems to have the parent playlists listed, is it possible for it to also list child playlists, I keep most of my playlists nested within other playlists.
I have updated the first post with somewhat more details, you most probably have read the old content. Here is the excerpt which is interesting you: "You could directly select a playlist from the combo box only for playlists on the first level, i.e. a playlist which is a child of the Playlists node. If you want to add tracks to some nested playlist, you could do that if you manually enter a full path to that playlist using "\" as a separator between nested levels, e.g. Favorites\Selected Tracks. This also means that such playlists cannot have the "\" character in their names."

So, the answer is: yes, you could specify some nested child playlist, but only manually.
:oops: :oops: Sorry I did not see that, guess that is what I get for skimming the info. Thanks.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Thank you, ZvezdanD.
MMW 4.1.9.1764|MMA 1.1.3.0482|Android 5.0|Win 8.1 64 bit
weroiu

Post by weroiu »

Great plugin! Is there a way to have multiple copies of the extension/plugin which add currently playing track to different playlists?

For example, I have all my music in queue. I'm walking around the house with music playing. I have remote wonders located everywhere. A song comes on that would be good for a pool party, so I hit B on the remote and that song gets added to my pool party playlist. Another song comes on that's great for playing poker, so I hit C and it gets added to my poker playlist. Another song comes on., ...

I know how to set this up, but I don't know how to make copies of the script in my extension manager.

Thanks,

Jeff
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

weroiu wrote:Is there a way to have multiple copies of the extension/plugin which add currently playing track to different playlists?
No, there is no way to have multiple copies of this add-on, but maybe I could implement an option for adding new hotkeys/playlists to the settings.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Great script Zwezdan,

I had this functionality set up using an old script with some modifications but this makes it much easier since I don't have to go into the script if I want to change the output playlist anymore.

Multiple output playlists, each with their own hotkey would be nice, as suggested above.
weroiu

Post by weroiu »

Can't the name of the plugin/install be changed so that it appears as a different plugin with a slightly different name? Otherwise, thanks for considering the implementation.
ZvezdanD wrote:
weroiu wrote:Is there a way to have multiple copies of the extension/plugin which add currently playing track to different playlists?
No, there is no way to have multiple copies of this add-on, but maybe I could implement an option for adding new hotkeys/playlists to the settings.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

weroiu wrote:Can't the name of the plugin/install be changed so that it appears as a different plugin with a slightly different name?
It is not simple as that. There are two .ini keys which store playlist settings in which all different add-ons would try to store different data and there are also many other places in the script where they would overlap, e.g. the displayed Options sheet... Don't worry, I am already working on the next version.
ZvezdanD

Re: Add CurrPlaying/Selected to Playlist 1.1 (2012-02-04) [M

Post by ZvezdanD »

There is the new update, v1.1 - 2012-02-04:
* Added: option to add arbitrary number of playlists, each one with its own hot-key and toolbar button;
* Added: possibility to specify playlist that is not on the first level without specifying its full path (only if a playlist name is unique);
* Fixed: adding of selected tracks [MM2].
robwala

Re: Add CurrPlaying/Selected to Playlist 1.1 (2012-02-06) [M

Post by robwala »

Great little timesaver - thanks!
tarasdi

Post by tarasdi »

Hi,

Not sure if you still update your scripts, but I've installed your script and am trying to edit the options (Tools/Extensions/Options), and when I highlight this extension and hit 'option's, nothing happens?

I'm using MM 4.1.5.1719 Gold on Windows 8.1

Thanks

Taras
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

tarasdi wrote:I've installed your script and am trying to edit the options (Tools/Extensions/Options), and when I highlight this extension and hit 'option's, nothing happens?
MediaMonkey has a bug with the Options button in the Extensions dialog box with the add-ons that are installed for the current user, which I have already reported to the MM developers:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11467

One solution would be to install the add-on for all users, or you could adjust settings of this add-on on the Add Tracks to Playlist page in the Tools/Options dialog box.
robwala

Re: Duplicate Detection

Post by robwala »

First of all: great plugin! I have found it very useful. Now, I could be mistaken but it seems to me I used to get duplicate warnings when attempting to add a song to a playlist when it was already present. I no longer get these warnings when using the plugin. I *do* get them when adding to the playlist without using the plugin. I know I have updated MM (now at 4.1.5.1719) since I last remembering getting the duplicate warning. Any ideas?