MM Android Player

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

nohitter151

Re: MM Android Player

Post by nohitter151 »

daztrue wrote:I contacted MM directly (via the wiki section) and received the following by e-mail:

An android application for MediaMonkey is only in planning stages at this time, we don't have anything concrete to offer. :roll:

At least that tells us that it's on the cards. Just a matter of time.
FYI:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... id#p293449
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
jiri

Post by jiri »

I think that I can promise that it won't take 18 months until something nice and useful gets out... :wink:

Jiri

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the little teaser info Jiri, much appreciated. As I said in an earlier post I have no problem waiting as long as I know it's not in vain. I already really like the beta versions of MM4 so will wait patiently for an android app as and when it comes, but in the meantime feel free to post any additional teasers you'd like to post of the progress of it over the coming weeks just to keep my appetite whetted while I wait, thanks for the information once again.

Adrian.
dnlusa

Post by dnlusa »

How is this project going?

br

dnl

Post by Guest »

well, 3 months on and not a single word on whether this is still an ongoing project let alone when it might be released. Guess it's dead and buried. I'll have to start looking to see if there's an alternative to mediamonkey.
jiri

Post by jiri »

I hope to have the first testing versions out within 1-2 months.

Jiri
Xaladrus

Post by Xaladrus »

What is now with ypur project?
Are you have done anything?
Can you realease an Alpha version of this awesome project?

Lg
joltman

Post by joltman »

I just purchased Lifetime licenses for myself and my girlfriend (along with the codec pack). We are in the process of merging our libaries together, and I have a LOT of FLAC files. She has no clue how to convert files to MP3s to play on her GalaxyS2, so I thought MM would be perfect. While it does convert files, and dump them on the SD Card, it does not truly sync files. Well, I could go on, but chances are you've read this thread. I really want this ability to sync two ways, and wireless would be awesome. Please, don't let this thread die.
Wargazm

Post by Wargazm »

jiri wrote:I hope to have the first testing versions out within 1-2 months.

Jiri
Oh man. That is exciting.
mgillespie

Post by mgillespie »

Please don't force users of MM Desktop to use a MM Android player. There are plenty of great Android music apps, and whilst MM on Android might be awesome, we would still like a choice.

A sync-only device app would be great, and really should be top priority.

Post by Guest »

Surely it should be the 3rd party apps that support however mediamonkey makes a complete 2 way sync work when the development team make an android app, not the other way round. I'd much prefer the team working on this to focus on making a fully functioning app that combines the great strengths of the desktop app with the potential of a portable app that can fully sync ratings, playcounts, skips etc without having to resort to cobbled together workarounds.

The ability to not have to sit in front of my desktop to listen and rate new music and make ratings changes to my existing synced library would greatly expand the functionality of MM at least for me, I'm sure others out there have different priorities but at least to start with the priority should be core functionality, added features and compatibility can surely be added over time.

Just my two pennies worth, as I said others probably have slightly different wishlists, but getting an app out there that works is after all what a lot of people want, it's up to users then to pick what solution best fits their needs.

Adrian.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Fyi, we really are interested in posts like this, where you express your potential usage of an Android application. Feel free to describe what you'd like to see/use.

Thanks,
Jiri
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'd personally like to see:

2-way sync of files
2-way sync of tags (newest is applied to both) including play counts
full tag support on Android
scrobbling (either directly from app or on sync with MM)

Additionally if it would
allow play to DLNA devices
control DLNA clients
stream from DLNA servers
I would really be pleased.
dnlusa

Post by dnlusa »

I agree with the previous post, and if I had to do a list with priorities:

1) full two way sync: ratings, play counts, last played, etc... Even better if the additional fields could be sync'ed (custom fields, mood, tempo' etc...).

2) auto playlists (as in MM)

3) creation of playlists (as powerful as possible)

4) UPnP support

5) podcast support

6) icecast/Internet radio support

7) video ??

But for me the my 1 is the first one.
Andulien

Post by Andulien »

I agree with many of the before mentioned, but one thing (if it is even possible) would be to sync a playlist with your phone. I then go out listen to music on my headphones, come back come, connect to MM, and it will use the info of my currently playing, and continues playing it on my computer / home speaker system. It just bothers me always when I come home, I have to go to my computer search in the playlist for the song I was just listening too, and then start it all over again. Guess it's just a convenience thing haha But sure would be something unique ;)