Monkey Server 0.97 (2011-04-10) [MM3] w/Squeezebox Support

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

JosephM

Re: Monkey Server Beta 0.91 (2009-08-28) [MM3]

Post by JosephM »

tgriff9020(irshjet35) wrote:Hey Jednie,
After a week on tinkering I was able to get to the application remotely. Now for my question. On the front page you have it listed

"Templates and Themes
Customizable templates and themes to make the interface look exactly as you want."

How is this achieved?

2. Why would only some of my files show images and not all through the server. They are all embedded in the tags

Thanks for your work

Griff
Met the same problem.
jednie

Re: Monkey Server 0.97 (2011-04-10) [MM3] w/Squeezebox Suppo

Post by jednie »

Newbie wrote:Hey,

this is really a great program!

But I have a problem: It is playing the songs in my MM playlist (the last played songs with MM), but I cant play any tracks with remote control. I can create Playlists, but then I cant play them, following error is shown:

System.Exception: SQL: select distinct id COLLATE NOCASE ,artist COLLATE NOCASE ,album COLLATE NOCASE ,albumartist COLLATE NOCASE ,discnumber COLLATE NOCASE ,tracknumber COLLATE NOCASE ,songtitle COLLATE NOCASE ,songpath COLLATE NOCASE ,substr(year COLLATE NOCASE ,1,4) as year,genre COLLATE NOCASE ,songlength COLLATE NOCASE ,vbr COLLATE NOCASE ,band COLLATE NOCASE ,mood COLLATE NOCASE ,occasion COLLATE NOCASE ,lyrics COLLATE NOCASE ,extension COLLATE NOCASE from songs s left join playlistsongs ps on ps.idsong=s.id left join playlists p on p.idplaylist=ps.idplaylist where (p.idplaylist = '79') ORDER BY ps.SongOrder
SQLite error
no such column: band
bei MonkeyServer.DBBase.GetDataTable(String SQL, DbParameter[] params, Int32 Timeout)
bei MonkeyServer.MediaMonkeyLibrary.GetSongs(Query theQuery)
bei MonkeyServer.Page.9cxEfvCX4H8s()
bei MonkeyServer.Page.ProcessRequest(Request& theRequest, Response& theResponse)
bei MonkeyServer.ServerConnection.HandleRequest()

What am I doing wrong?

I am using MM newest beta 4, is this the problem? But as I said, I can play track which are in my playlist from starting MM.

Thank you for your help and your great programing work!

You aren't doing anything wrong. I haven't added support for MM4 yet but I plan to soon.

jednie
SlimDog

Post by SlimDog »

Greetings all. I would really appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction here. I have everything working except for remote. Getting the following error:

An error has occurred.

System.Exception: Unable to start MediaMonkey application. This feature requires MediaMonkey to be installed on the same PC that is running Monkey Server.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {148F7BB6-4943-4C53-8E30-0F9115D30283} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
at MonkeyServer.MediaMonkeyPlayer.97MJ6yxJKU()
at MonkeyServer.MediaMonkeyPlayer.GetNowPlayingList()
at MonkeyServer.Page.9Y2ZVUi()
at MonkeyServer.Page.ProcessRequest(Request& theRequest, Response& theResponse)
at MonkeyServer.ServerConnection.HandleRequest()

Win 7 Home (server)
Firefox
Current version of Monkeyserver
Current version of Media Monkey
Connecting on local network

Thanks in advance!
SlimDog

Post by SlimDog »

SlimDog wrote:Greetings all. I would really appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction here. I have everything working except for remote. Getting the following error:

An error has occurred.

System.Exception: Unable to start MediaMonkey application. This feature requires MediaMonkey to be installed on the same PC that is running Monkey Server.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {148F7BB6-4943-4C53-8E30-0F9115D30283} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

Win 7 Home (server)
Firefox

Thanks in advance!
Got it worked out. Thanks so much for the awesome add-on jednie. Exactly what I was looking for to control the music system at our bar!
Cheers!
bellwether

Post by bellwether »

SlimDog wrote:
SlimDog wrote:Greetings all. I would really appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction here. I have everything working except for remote. Getting the following error:

An error has occurred.

Win 7 Home (server)
Firefox

Thanks in advance!
Got it worked out. Thanks so much for the awesome add-on jednie. Exactly what I was looking for to control the music system at our bar!
Cheers!

How did u resolve that error message... Did JEDNI added that plugin.. I just got the same error ... PLS HELP
Last edited by bellwether on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
bellwether

Post by bellwether »

bellwether wrote:
SlimDog wrote:

An error has occurred.

Win 7 Home (server)
Firefox

Thanks in advance!
Cheers!

How did u resolve that error message... Did JEDNI added that plugin.. I just got the same error ... PLS HELP

SORRY.. must be My bad! The error just disappeared after a relaunch.. Strange !!!
MichelleAgain

Post by MichelleAgain »

Hi.

I just discovered you add-on tonight, and I'm really excited, as it looks like just what I've been looking for but without all the cloud sign up hassle. I've been testing it on my same "server" computer just so I'll know how it works when I'm away.

I do have 2 quick questions, though:

1: my static playlists don't show in the playlists section. Is this just my computer or did I not do something right? The Autoplaylists that came with MM show, and that's it.

2: is there a way to actually view my library remotely instead of having to either listen to everything or search by individual artist? Even in my genres, I'd love to be able to see the listing and then choose what I'd like to play. There may be a way to do this and I just missed it, so I wanted to check in. Thanks!
MichelleAgain

Post by MichelleAgain »

Hi.

I tried Monkey Server at work today, and the internet wouldn't even go to the page. I do log in at the URL from home, right?

I'm afraid I may need a step-by-step idiot's guide as to how to do this...

Thanks.
outage

Post by outage »

Hello Jednie,

We really like your tool, but we have not seen any activity for a number of months now.

In April you want to provide a fix on the reported template bug.
In September you wanted to add support for MM4 soon.

Will you find some time to care about your tool?

Thanks,

Stefan
jednie

Post by jednie »

outage wrote:Hello Jednie,

We really like your tool, but we have not seen any activity for a number of months now.

In April you want to provide a fix on the reported template bug.
In September you wanted to add support for MM4 soon.

Will you find some time to care about your tool?

Thanks,

Stefan
I have most the changes ready for the next release but I just need to put the finishing touches on it and do more testing. I hope to release in the next month or two. It will be compatible with MM4 however it won't include any of the video features. It will include a better menu system for mobile devices and hopefully an embedded media player. There will also be several bugs fixes.

jednie
MichelleAgain

Post by MichelleAgain »

Hi, Jednie.

Could you throw out some possibilities of what I may be doing wrong?

Monkey Server is installed on my home laptop. I copied the IP address from my home laptop into my work computer and Chrome and IE wouldn't go to the page. I'm thinking even if I could just get started, the other things can wait. I don't know what version of MM I use, but if you're working on fixes, I can wait for a media player and working playlists.

Thanks in advance...
outage

Post by outage »

MichelleAgain wrote:Hi, Jednie.

Could you throw out some possibilities of what I may be doing wrong?

Monkey Server is installed on my home laptop. I copied the IP address from my home laptop into my work computer and Chrome and IE wouldn't go to the page. I'm thinking even if I could just get started, the other things can wait. I don't know what version of MM I use, but if you're working on fixes, I can wait for a media player and working playlists.

Thanks in advance...
Hello Michelle,

Your problem is not related to Monkey Server. It is a network connection problem and there are countless pages out there that handle any kind of these. Here is a rough overview: Your home machine is probably behind a router and the home laptop IP address is not routed over the internet. There will probably be a dynamic IP addess assigned to your router (search for DynDNS) and you need to open the port and configure your laptop as server for that port. Furthermore you need to open the port in any software firewall on the laptop. Be aware that all this will increased your home network security vulnerability. I will not answer any other network issue questions here. I just want to tell this:

Please let us stay focussed on the "Monkey Server" here.

Most of us know that Jednie is busy with things and we really appreciate whenever he finds some of his free time working on his wonderful tool.

Regards,

Stefan
tibbles

Post by tibbles »

Is there going to be an update for MM4?
Kevinowpb

Post by Kevinowpb »

mm4?? anxiously awaiting
MMuser2011

Post by MMuser2011 »

jednie wrote:I have most the changes ready for the next release but I just need to put the finishing touches on it and do more testing. I hope to release in the next month or two. It will be compatible with MM4 however it won't include any of the video features. It will include a better menu system for mobile devices and hopefully an embedded media player. There will also be several bugs fixes.
jednie
Any news about the actual progress?
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version