iTunes 10.5

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Jeffreybouva

Any news on iOS 5 sync with mm4?

Post by Jeffreybouva »

Dear media monkey support team,

I know y'all gonna hate this topic and delete it but is there any information on when mm will sync again with an iphone iOS 5 ?
It's been 4 months now and still no sign of information....
It feels like this topic is dead and you give up on us ?
Not trying to blame you guys but there are other programs that do work with the sync on iOS5, i just really love mediamonkey and really want to keep using this!
Can you tell us anything ?
like it will take a month ? 2 weeks ? 6 months ?

Not trying to hate on you!
Greets
Jeffrey
Thankfull mediamonkey user!
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
dcmonroe00

Re: iTunes 10.5

Post by dcmonroe00 »

Jeffrey,
You mention that there are other tools out there that will synch an iPod with IOS 5. What are they?

I too have been a huge MediaMonkey fan for years. I would absolutely love if it continued to be the only media program that I use, but being able to synch my Apple devices is a key feature that I can't continue to live without. I yearn for the day that MM gets that functionality again, and I will continue to use MM for all of my other media library management tasks, but in the meantime, I'd love to hear suggestions for alternative software that can seamlessly keep my iPod up to date.
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

dcmonroe00 wrote:Jeffrey,
You mention that there are other tools out there that will synch an iPod with IOS 5. What are they?
Hey may be referring to CopyTrans, which has been discussed here already. Now I am finding apps that are requiring iOS 5, so it is getting harder to stick with iOS 4.x. Plus, I really don't want to create a temp folder and lose 45gigs of space to sync and transcode on the fly to my ipod using the itunes plugin. Last time itunes interacted with songs on my ipod, all of my playcounts became larger, by a factor of 10 in some cases, upon re-syncing to MM3.
Last edited by theta_wave on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

I'm with you, this is quite a long wait!! I cannot upgrade 2 iDevices, and the iPhone 4S can only be synced using iCloud and iTunes music or iTunes Match, if you don't want to plug in to iTunes. iCloud also only works over a good wifi connection, unless you want to bust your data cap. It's almost spring here and iOS5 was released in the fall!! :x
Murky_Waters

Re: iTunes 10.6

Post by Murky_Waters »

Just bought a new unlocked iPhone 4s direct from Apple store (not jailbroken) and have iTunes 10.6 installed but the iPhone is not recognised/detected by mediamonkey. I have bought the lifetime license for mm so really would like this fixed. :(
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

iOS5 used on the 4s isn't supported yet.
MyCsPiTTa

Post by MyCsPiTTa »

Maybe this isn't you department Lowlander, but does anyone know if the new iTunes 10.6 and iOS 5.1 still works OK with the d_itunes plugin? I don't wanna make another upgrade that leaves me in the dump.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MyCsPiTTa wrote:Maybe this isn't you department Lowlander, but does anyone know if the new iTunes 10.6 and iOS 5.1 still works OK with the d_itunes plugin? I don't wanna make another upgrade that leaves me in the dump.
The iTunes plugin works with any version of iTunes and iOS, that's the upside of it.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Rednroll

Post by Rednroll »

So it looks like this issue has been out there awhile now....I just found out about it today. :D I had to install some developer apps on my iPhone 3GS and was forced to move to IOS5 and the latest iTunes to be able to do that.

So I was wondering, I have another PC that I have not installed iTunes on yet. Does MM recognize my iPhone with iOS5 on it, if I install iTunes v10.4 or below? Or is this strictly an iOS5 thingy and has nothing to do with whatever version of iTunes you have installed?

I'm gonna try out the plugin....but was just curious if it was possible with an iTunes version below v10.5 before I install that iTunes bloatware on my home PC.

oh yeah.......APPLE!!! I'll throw my Apple Devices in the garbage and buy something else before giving up on MM and be forced to move to iTunes.

How about a MediaMonkey App for the iPhone which allows MM to write to the iPhone? :D
Last edited by Lowlander on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cleaned language