DLNA Chops of end of tracks

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

ukcolin

Re: DLNA Chops of end of tracks

Post by ukcolin »

Thanks for the reply.
Note the Get Album info from freedb.org option is not live in Tools, is that us or them?
ukcolin

Post by ukcolin »

My son suggests buying a Network Attached Storage hard drive plugged directly into and sitting next to the Yamaha with all my music on it and running MM on my PC connected to the Yamaha by ethernet to create playlists etc but playing music through the NAS software, anyone know if that might work? Thks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You need to select the CD drive in the Media Tree to get Album info.
ukcolin

Post by ukcolin »

Maybe I'm just old, I have no problem paying $ for upfront or a monthly fee to have a great music management program that works, gets improved and has Tech Support that supports. I understand if a product is given away for free there will be less resources to maintain , improve and react to problems. I spent better part of yesterday Googling for music software that pretty much does what MM does w/o the issues or a product that I can pay for that does a better job. Found nothing.

All the free stuff appears to have bugs and nominal support. I would pay $5-10 a month or $50 a year for MM if it worked great, received up grades and improvements throughout the year. Especially if they would fix the tracks skipping problem. I am on the brink of moving back to use WMP which makes me sad just to type it.

Any ideas out there on quality music software, I need searches, DLNA to work, Playlists, 5 stars w/half star rating increments, Genre, ripping, burning, scanning for new, web link for CD data not much more. Thanks
KEP

Post by KEP »

Lowlander wrote:The fact that it isn't resolved doesn't mean they're not working on a solution. It may be hard to fix even with debug logs due to the large amount of DLNA clients, of which many have their own share of bugs, out there and the huge amount of user variables in play. As it hasn't been reproducible it is even harder to fix this bug.
I have a hard time navigating the bug site, but wouldn't it be shown as an "issue" here if anyone on the team considered it to be one?

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view_ ... lter=37731

I'm sorry, Lowlander, but I just have a hard time than anyone who tried to recreate this one couldn't. I haven't been unable to recreate it, yet. And I'm just using MM4 as both the server and the client, on topologies ranging from wireless-G (Win7->XP) to gigabit wired (Win7->Win7).

I'm not at all unsympathetic. I'm a developer too, and I fully understand how tough a non-repro is. But y'know, I didn't even get an acknowledgement when I submitted all my logs, screenshots, and other supporting information. It's like this issue got bozo-binned. :(
1Happyman

Post by 1Happyman »

I have the Yamaha 671 and it chops the end of songs. I love streaming my CD's via the computer and hope someone gets this issue resolved. I cant stand not hearing the whole song. Pretty much a deal breaker here.
regardie

MM4(1476) Play Tracks from a DLNA server, skips after 20 sec

Post by regardie »

WinXP SP3, AMD 3400 1GB, 1 CDR /1 DVD burner, 1 HD (C:/), MediaMonkey 4.0.3.1476, Non-skinned debug version, default install. Network connection wireless G.

Server - Asset UPnP v4 from dBpoweramp running on a WHS v1 PP3 machine, AMD 4500X2, 2 GB, 1 CDR / DVD Burner. Network connection Gigabit Ethernet to a 10/100 Actiontec MI424-WR firmware version 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.14.4

Playing flac files from the server, MM4 often plays about 20 seconds of a file then crossfades into the next file. It occurs with MP3s as well but when I ran a debug pass, I was streaming a flac album.

The debug log has been sent on a new trouble ticket.

I have successfully streamed the entire album over the wireless G link to an HP Touchpad running the BHome UPnP client from the same server. I have streamed the album to a TiVo series 3 from the server running PyTiVo and some old build of ffmpeg. I have successfully streamed the entire album to the same computer running iTunes 8.2.0.23 with Firefly Media Server (the latest build I could find).

I have seen this same problem on my home office computer, WinXP SP3, Core2Duo 4GB, 1 CDR /1 DVD burner, 2 HD (C:/, D:/, E:/), MediaMonkey 4.0.3.1476, Non-skinned debug version, default install. Network connection wired Gigabit Ethernet connected to the server though a Gigabit switch.

This has been mentioned briefly in the DLNA forum, but the original poster did not submit a bug and was directed to the thread dealing with MM4 ending songs early. This has been an issue for quite some time since that thread was back in November 2011, last post beginning of February.

Regardie
ukcolin

Post by ukcolin »

I surrender, all I want to do is play music stored on my PC and external hard drive on my Yamaha RX-V671 and speakers w/o cutting the songs short. I'm switching to iTunes, will have to buy an iPod Classic to store everything, I can sync my PC and iPod, plug the iPod into the Yamaha and using iTunes on the TV/monitor plugged into the Yamaha see and control everything.
Adding: my son found couple of free streaming software maybe will not need the iPod, I'll update.

Update: TVMOBiLi is a little moody. Closing in on iPod Classic synced w/iTunes on my PC, plugged into my Yamaha.

Update: Bought the iPod classic 'uploading my music into easy to manage folders, syncing the iPod w/the PC takes minutes at most, bought the Yamaha dock (for $50 on Amazon) although the basic cable works fine. Music folders are clear to see and select on the monitor I have set up next to the Yamaha (or TV). This ain't DLNA like God intended it is allowing me to play my entire music collection on my Stereo w/o problems which is what I intended. Another benefit is I can take the iPod in my car and have access to all my music.

Update May 13, 2012. For anyone still reading I received a response from MM to my original ticket, copy and pasted below. I'm past using MM sticking w/iTunes however it may help someone.

"Hi, I analyzed the log and see that
at 41 seconds you requested file C:\Users\User\Music\Amazon MP3\Various Artists\Ioda Sxsw Opening Day Bash Sampler 2012\08 - Dark Star (Courtesy Of Totally Gross National Product _.mp3 that was going to encode to C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\Transcoded_Media_Files\11275.MP3 on-the-fly?
You set auto-conversion from MP3->MP3, not sure why? But anyway this is not so important.

Then at 48 seconds the file is fully converted and there is the last request from your client where 3997696 bytes of 4110970 is transfered, but then there is no other request from your client and thus there is only the connecteion timeout at 108 seconds.

I don't know why your client haven't requested for the last ~200 KBs, but I guess it could be related to the auto-conversion.
In case of auto-conversion MediaMonkey can only estimate the resulted size and some clients takes such a size as definite, you could try to change the conversion from VBR to CBR or disable the auto-conversion to solve the problem.

---------------
Regards,
Ludek"
ukcolin

Post by ukcolin »

New post of edit of previous post. Received a reply from MM, pasted below, hope it helps someone.

Hi, I analyzed the log and see that
at 41 seconds you requested file C:\Users\User\Music\Amazon MP3\Various Artists\Ioda Sxsw Opening Day Bash Sampler 2012\08 - Dark Star (Courtesy Of Totally Gross National Product _.mp3 that was going to encode to C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\Transcoded_Media_Files\11275.MP3 on-the-fly?
You set auto-conversion from MP3->MP3, not sure why? But anyway this is not so important.

Then at 48 seconds the file is fully converted and there is the last request from your client where 3997696 bytes of 4110970 is transfered, but then there is no other request from your client and thus there is only the connecteion timeout at 108 seconds.

I don't know why your client haven't requested for the last ~200 KBs, but I guess it could be related to the auto-conversion.
In case of auto-conversion MediaMonkey can only estimate the resulted size and some clients takes such a size as definite, you could try to change the conversion from VBR to CBR or disable the auto-conversion to solve the problem.

---------------
Regards,
Ludek
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

So did converting to CBR work? It is what I needed to do for my Sony TV.
ukcolin

Post by ukcolin »

My reply to Tech Support email received today is, I stopped using MM a month ago I have not tried your fix. Perhaps someone else on this string who hung in can try it & respond.
Aff

Post by Aff »

Same with MM 4.1.24, consumed on a LG TV. End of tracks are cut off.
Auto-Conversion is set to use CBR.

I can't find the bug in Mantis. Where is it?
Was this ever solved?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Mostly it was solved per problem on specific models.

Can you please give us bit more details and if possible open support ticket with debug log http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts