Error Ripping

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

mjkassoc

Error Ripping

Post by mjkassoc »

I am getting the following error message on at least one track of every album I rip:

Error ripping track ##. Track ## failed to verify (ripped inaccurately).

I am using MM version 4.0.6

I previously ripped 100 classical albums using the previous version of MM. Errors were so few I can't recall them.

Now I am ripping jazz albums and getting error messages on every rip. Hardware and MM settings have not changed. Settings are Flac 5; Secure rip; Verify ripped tracks.

I don't know whether there is actually anything wrong with the rip but I am reluctant to continue ripping for fear I am generation junk.
Lowlander

Re: Error Ripping

Post by Lowlander »

You could try to verify a disc with this error in EAC and see if ripping there also gives this error on the same track.

Post by Guest »

Lowlander wrote:You could try to verify a disc with this error in EAC and see if ripping there also gives this error on the same track.
I used dbpoweramp to rip and album 4 of 10 tracks reporting ripping errors. No problem
jstraw

Post by jstraw »

I am having the same problem. The last track on every cd, although occasionally one makes it all the way through without issue. Bought a new cd drive today, thinking that might be the problem, but the error persists. In my case, it is very minor, producing the aforementioned error message but affecting only the last 5-10 seconds of the track.

Post by guest »

I am having exact the same problem since i install 4.0.6.1501 Only the last track on almost every CD. Bought a new cd drive today, thinking that might be the problem, but the error persists. In my case, it is very minor, producing the aforementioned error message but affecting only the last 5-10 seconds of the track.
I am convinced mediamonkey 4.0.6.1501 flawed at this point. Does anyone have a better solution than an older verison install?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I see two known issues, but I'm not sure whether they are causing the issues described here:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8646
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8648
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Dogerelly

Post by Dogerelly »

Has anyone found any answers to this? I am having the same issue since updating MM. Last track on pretty much every album coming up with error ripping message. The tracks seem to go onto the db and seem to play ok until the last 15 secomds or so, when they just end.
Very frustrating!

Post by Guest »

I'm also getting this with the latest version on almost all CDs. The tracks rip fine in EAC.
cunnpole

Post by cunnpole »

Same again here. I ripped 30 or so albums, only 5 worked, the rest all said the last track couldnt be ripped with accurip. It's not an accurip problem as the last 10-20s of the last track is repeated and broken up and jittery. I ripped over 2500 albums with an earlier v4 and it worked fine with the same settings:

256kbps variable mp3. Level Track Volume, Secure Read, Verify.

I'm switching to EAC for ripping until this is resolved; it works fine with accurip and the same quality settings (although it is missing volume levelling :( )
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

cunnpole wrote:Same again here. I ripped 30 or so albums, only 5 worked, the rest all said the last track couldnt be ripped with accurip. It's not an accurip problem as the last 10-20s of the last track is repeated and broken up and jittery. :( )
I found this looking to see if anyone else was having the exact same problem - sounds like you are. The same CD's rip fine using cdex. It's always the last track for me, and that track always has the end of the song cut off. Really frustrating. Ironically, I just paid for the full mediamonkey after using the freeware version for quite a while. If the devs pay attention here, could you weigh in with any info on when a fix might be rolled out?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Tempus wrote:could you weigh in with any info on when a fix might be rolled out?
show it should be fixed in 4.1.
cunnpole

Post by cunnpole »

Lowlander wrote:show it should be fixed in 4.1.
I fail to see how those bug reports apply to the issues we are seeing. The end of the last track is garbage. It's not a failure with verification. The verification is working perfectly well.
Yep

Post by Yep »

Add another user to the list with the exact same problem...very frustrating.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I suggest you capture the error in a debug log (step 4b) and send it to support so the developers can see what is causing this and if a bug for this has been entered: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69
DigitalDavid

Post by DigitalDavid »

I just bought the latest Gold release. The features have exceeded my expectations on how I can organize my library. However, I too am experiencing the failure to properly rip the last track. I have digitized (FLAC) a dozen CDs thus far and five of them have failed to digitize the last track. I get from 30 to 60 seconds of silence at the end of the track. Sometimes a little burst of sound comes back at the very end of the track. My enthusiasm has been considerably dampened. I am surprised such an important and basic feature was released broken.