Custom Report 3.2 - Updated 29/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

zimmypope

Re: Custom Report 2.8 - Updated 05/03/2011

Post by zimmypope »

Hi Trix,

I adore this script! I can't seem to get it to 'stick' with my portable installation. It works so long as I use it upon installing it without shutting MM 4.0.3.1473 down. If I install it, close MM and try and use it later, it doesn;t seem to be installed.

Maybe I missed something...?

Thanks

Dave
zephyr

custom / advanced / just list artist custom report

Post by zephyr »

Hi

Is it possible to use any of the existing reporting scripts to list album artist alphabetically, with a list of their albums?

Something like this

AC/DC --- 74 Jailbreak, Back in Black, Ballbreaker [Remastered], Black Ice, Blow Up Your Video... Who Made Who
The Beatles --- Abbey Road, Anthology, Anthology II, Anthology III, Magical Mystery Tour, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, The White Album
ZZ Top --- Eliminator, Greatest Hits

Grateful noob
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

mezoso

Post by mezoso »

Love this report option, thanks for sharing it.

Is there anyway to add resolution for running a video report?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks. Not yet, but adding the new video fields is on my to do list.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
scott967

Post by scott967 »

I have a requirement and I found this script, which is getting me close to what I need.

Where I am stuck, is I would like to select a group of files, and generate one file for each selected file using the same path as the selected file except replace the filename extension with extension .xml (using just the XML format option, don't care about the others for this task). For example I select 2 files:
C:\music\ foo.mp3 and C:\video\bar.mkv

I want to create two report files
C:\music\foo.xml and C:\video\bar.xml

If it isn't possible to loop through each selected file, at least if I could select a single file and create one file using the naming convention that would save some cut/paste operations.

scott s.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script is designed to create a single report file, from all of the selected tracks. It sounds to me like you need a specific script which creates these files, more like my Batch M3U Creator, except individually for each track rather than each album. It could also incorporate parts of my Move Files script, so that these don't become detached later if you re-organise.

What happens if you have two files in the same folder that have different extensions? Surely you'd have a problem then, if the .xml is the same name as the file?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
scott967

Post by scott967 »

I'll take a look at those other scripts. You're right that if you have say a flac and an mp3 of the same song in a directory that would be an issue (assuming they have the same filename), but that's true for the target application as well.

scott s.
scott967

Post by scott967 »

OK, I got it running. It's a total hack of your script, left in all your UI etc but I think it is doing what I need. Thanks.

scott s.
scott967

Post by scott967 »

Just wanted to say thanks for your scripts. I generated about 400 xml-format files with one click. Only snag was it turns out the target application can't handle UTF-16, only UTF-8. From looking at MM specs, it seems like the only Unicode output option is UTF-16. But I quickly found a little app to re-encode all of them in UTF-8 and once I did that everything worked fine in my application.

scott s.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, unfortunately VBScript can only create UTF-16 files. I'm glad you found a utility to fix the problem though.
trixmoto

Re: Custom Report 2.9 - Updated 05/08/2012

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.9) is now available to download from my website. I have added the new video related fields added in MM4.
PorkNBeans

Post by PorkNBeans »

Getting an error whenever I choose this as an option 'SongLengthString' and exporting to HTML however I'm not sure if it generates the error under the various other settings as this is the first output and only one I really needed at the moment, it works fine under 'SongLength' though.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the error in order that the message dialog boxes appear.
First MsgBox
Second MsgBox
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Are you using a "D" formatting to change the way the song length is formatted? If so, then yes, you'll need to stick to the SongLength, as SongLengthString is pre-formatted.
PorkNBeans

Post by PorkNBeans »

No, using nothing in format at all.