RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [M

Post by Guest »

rrfpacker wrote:Where is the Save button?
What is new:
v4.0 - 2010-04-10
* Changed: Save button now have 3 possible states depending of modifications in the F&R dialog - Rename, Update and Add

Usage:
1. Rename - if you change the preset name only and leave preset parameters unchanged;
2. Update - if you change some parameter (e.g. Description) and leave the preset name unchanged;
3. Add - if you change both the preset name and some parameter.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Guest wrote:
rrfpacker wrote:Where is the Save button?
What is new:
v4.0 - 2010-04-10
* Changed: Save button now have 3 possible states depending of modifications in the F&R dialog - Rename, Update and Add

Usage:
1. Rename - if you change the preset name only and leave preset parameters unchanged;
2. Update - if you change some parameter (e.g. Description) and leave the preset name unchanged;
3. Add - if you change both the preset name and some parameter.
I tried that and it didn't seem to work. Found out I need to close MM and reopen before changes take place. I can live with that.
nzdreamer55

Post by nzdreamer55 »

Hello everyone,

Just got started with MM and found this plugin. Super sweet and maybe way too much for my needs, but wanted to give it a try. I have an album that is like this

D:\Public.Commons\Music\Media Monkey\201_prototype_cd_2_mixed_by_seb_fontaine-gem\(12) [Dejure] Sanctuary.mp3

This is a compilation album and the Album Artist is Seb Fontaine. This track is #12 on the 2nd CD. The Artist is Dejure and the Track Title is Sanctuary.

I tried to look through the 253 presets, but while I was amazed, kind of got lost. Could someone help me get this info into the ID tag correctly with RegExp (or any other method will work). I am having a hard time getting the artist into the artist field.

Thanks
-S
cotto

Post by cotto »

nzdreamer55 wrote:Hello everyone,

Just got started with MM and found this plugin. Super sweet and maybe way too much for my needs, but wanted to give it a try. I have an album that is like this

D:\Public.Commons\Music\Media Monkey\201_prototype_cd_2_mixed_by_seb_fontaine-gem\(12) [Dejure] Sanctuary.mp3

This is a compilation album and the Album Artist is Seb Fontaine. This track is #12 on the 2nd CD. The Artist is Dejure and the Track Title is Sanctuary.

I tried to look through the 253 presets, but while I was amazed, kind of got lost. Could someone help me get this info into the ID tag correctly with RegExp (or any other method will work). I am having a hard time getting the artist into the artist field.

Thanks
-S
Tag from file name (ctrl + qwith all tracks pre selected) is quit powerful, way easier to use, and wont require many steps... If you just read your file name and pay attention to what is being replaced (yellow) you can come up with something like this pretty quickly.

<Skip> <Album> <Skip> <Disc#> <Skip> <Skip> <Album Artist>-<Album>(<Track#>) [<Artist>] <Title>.<Skip>.<Skip>

You might have to play with it a bit...
cotto

Post by cotto »

Could anyone help me out with creating a preset like this.

I would like to add two numbers together <custom#> and <play#> and have the new value replace the play count.

What i am trying to do is retrieve play counts with Sync back ratings & play counts and get them added properly.
If there is any other way of going about this please let me know.
MMuser2011

Post by MMuser2011 »

As you may know from my post here, MM4 change every lyrics language descriptor to a fixed XXX||

How can I change this prefix to a correct and existing language descriptor like
eng||

If I choose "Lyrics" as the needed Into-Field, I can't see this prefix. Do we have a possibility to change the above value anyway?
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version
Rojer

Post by Rojer »

Wow, here I am again, facing the overwhelming perspective of using that script. Such power... I feel humbled. :)
Anyway : my purpose is to tidy up a 230k entries database. I manage songs, midi files, audio samples, midi loops, drum samples patterns and ... videos since recently. I'm considering ebooks, as well : MM wins over Calibre as a Librarian.

MM is 4.05. Works fast and nice in tree node but hangs on tagging even few files, which includes running this script. Waiting for the magic update as I update thousands of entries daily.

I have a couple of questions, maybe obvious but I didn't read anything about it yet. Correct me if I'm wrong:

Would you consider "calling" or mimicking the "Move Buddy File" script ? It is true that while auto organize is awesome, there are things you can do with this script that can't be paralleled. I move quite some buddy files when organizing : cdg, Mixmeister meta info, subtitles and some more. This has proved rock solid and can even be undone with another script. It might be pointless or too much work, I have no clue...

About multi entries fields; I can't figure a way to "sort" separated entries in Genre. I suppose there is quite some reading to do on the topic but I didn't find a lot about sorting inside one field. I didn't really get what the Genre presets are for, besides appending to existing genres. I probably need to look longer.

My plan is to start thinking of genre as "labels", instead of groups and subgroups. This must be the gmail effect... But I still would like to have a hand on master/secondary genres, one reason being organizing the file system. I might fail there as I failed with gmail labels (where resistance proved futile and trees pointless..)

Imagine Tags like "Africa;Latin;Salsa;Mali;Percussions". In some cases, Africa would need to be root, in others that would be Latin or Percs... Not sure what the thinking should be there. I still think that a sorting tool might come handy. Is RegExp designed in such a way that this could be achieved ?

Thanks for reading; I realize this was a longer post that expected...
Any input warlmy welcome.

Roger.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

I have a question. I would like to use this script, if possible to copy the contents from several fields into 1 field in a specific order with '|' as a divider.

Meaning, for example, that I want artist, title, album & date pasted into one of the custom fields. The content of the custom field would then look like this: ABBA | Dancing Queen | Arrival | 1976

Is this possible? If so can you help me on my way?
mjkassoc

Post by mjkassoc »

My classical Album tags are in the form:

Beethoven - Violin Concerto in D Major op.61 - Kyung Wha Chung - Kondrashin - Vienna PO

Character limitations on my Sonos Control index screens result in cutting off everything after Concerto, although the Now Playing screen, which scrolls, displays the entire tag.

I am looking for a batch solution for deleting the composer prefix. In Excel it is very simple:

Find: *<space>-<space>

Replace:

Is there a way to do this with RegExp? I searched the RegExp topic for wildcard and wild card with no hits. I would very much appreciate some help as I find RegExp a bit overwhelming.
mjkassoc

Post by mjkassoc »

Updating my previous post re ripping errors, I have progressed to the point where I understandy broadly how to use RegExp and my question now is are wild card supported? Specifically a wild card for any text string.

OK, problem solved. I discovered the Remove the begin of <Into Field> before (and including) "-" preset. Fantastic.
k_luv

Post by k_luv »

Can anyone help me... sorry, can anyone create a script that removes remix inside parenthesis and moves it to another field? For example (remix) or (Dj baboo remix). I know there is an assign function that does this but it leaves the original title intact. Speaking of which I could use some help deleting remix inside of parenthesis at the end of the title too. Thank you.
MMuser2011

Post by MMuser2011 »

I have a speed issue:
If I search for all albums in my (huge) Entire Library with the wrong/double spelled "(disc x) (disc x)" in the album name - with x as a number from 1-999 - I do a search with this regexp into the field ALBUM

Code: Select all

(\(disc ([1-9][0-9]{0,2})\)) (\(disc ([1-9][0-9]{0,2})\))
and replace it with $1.
Technically, this works perfect.
Because I'm cautious, I would like to see all the matching results of the RegExp before I press "replace all". If I choose "Select matched", it takes over 12 Minutes until I get the result. The other option "Keep matched" is just a few seconds faster.

So how can I do a RegExp search in my entire library and only get back the matching result visible BEFORE I apply any changes?
Just to compare: If I use the builtin CTRL-F search and look for the fixed string "(disc 1) (disc 1)" it takes 5 seconds to obtain my desired result. What am I doing wrong? How can I speed this up?
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version
sperk

Post by sperk »

Is it possible to switch items on either side of a dash?
e.g. change "The Beetles - Yesterday" to "Yesterday - The Beetles"
Thanks!!
listaqwe

Post by listaqwe »

sperk wrote:Is it possible to switch items on either side of a dash?
e.g. change "The Beetles - Yesterday" to "Yesterday - The Beetles"
Thanks!!
find: (^.+)(\s+\-\s+)(.+$)
replace: $3$2$1
eric.stephani

Post by eric.stephani »

Thanks for this awesome addon. I was looking for something simply to replace a bunch of brackets with parenthesis and this more than fit the bill. After using it for a bit I realized I can use it to replace a custom script that I wrote myself that moves featured artists from the Artist field to the Title field. The presets for that are not exactly what I need but it should be easy enough to tweek to my liking. Again, thanks. I plan to use this addon a lot.