Advanced Report 6.4 - Updated 24/06/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

gpzbc

Re: Advanced Report 6.2 - Updated 23/09/2012

Post by gpzbc »

I really like the feature to add "Top Played" to the homepage of the report. But I am wondering how it is calculated. It seems like it calculates it from the total plays for all the songs in the album. This creates a small problem in that a very large album will naturally accumulate more plays than an album with 9 songs.

For example, I have a few albums that have 3 or more discs in them for a total of 60 or more tracks. I have listened to all of the songs in those albums one time each. But it pops up as being top played because it registers as 60 plays. Where as I can listen to a 9 track album 5 times and it still won't register above my 3 disc album.

I don't know if it is possible to do, but maybe the answer is some sort of ratio calculation?
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, you're right, this should be the average playcount not the total playcount. I'll fix this in the next version.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Perfect! Thanks.
--
The gpzbc
jcbt75

Post by jcbt75 »

Hello,
Thanks for Advanced report 6.2.
But I've a problem : after each start, I get the message " Error happened during script execution (#1025 Expected End of Statement)".
The Line in question is ....\AdvancedReport.vbs", Line: 1, Column: 12.

I use MM Gold v 4.0.6.1501 with W7 Pro 64 bits.
Coul'd you help me to find my mistake ?

Thank's in advance.
trixmoto

Re: Advanced Report 6.3 - Updated 23/10/2012

Post by trixmoto »

New version (6.3) is now available to download from my website. I have fixed top played option being skewed by larger albums.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Fantastic! Thank you.
--
The gpzbc
martin2527

Post by martin2527 »

Hi

I have installed the script via a download from the website. All completed ok and it is listed under MM extensions. However the script is not visible as a script option dropdown. I also installed Genre Finder which IS visible under Script options. I have closed and restarted MM still no option. Have uninstalled and re-installed and still no option visible.

Any advice appreciated?

Thanks

Martin
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

It should be under File - - > Create Reports. If not, then check out this post.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 30#p345400
Good luck and let us know if you run into problems.
--
The gpzbc
martin2527

Post by martin2527 »

Thanks for the quick reply gpzbc.

Guess the answer was hidden in the 45+ pages of posts!

Have now got it working - great script.

Thanks Again

Regards

Martin
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I am glad you got it working!
--
The gpzbc
budtuck

Post by budtuck »

Hello,

I have used Advancedreport for a while as I wanted to have my mp3 collection available on the NAS to listen on my mobile and pad over the internal network. For this it has been perfect but I have thought of download whole albums.

Since the NAS runs Linux it already has perl cgi so my idea is to add a download link to the album pages, to a cgi script that zips all files and creates a download link.
I have found in advancedreport.vbs where to add the download link but I cannot figure out how to get the physical path to the songs so I can extract the folder in which they are stored. Normally this would be the artist and album meta info but since it sometimes differ due to mispellings etc. I would rather have the physical path so I can add to advancedreport.vbs something like this:

Code: Select all

fout.WriteLine "<a href=""http://mywebsite/cgi-bin/download.cgi?artist=%artist%&album=%album%"">Download the album</a>"
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well there's no physical path at the album level, but the track has a Path property.
DJ Nativus

Post by DJ Nativus »

Sorry if this has been asked before, but this is a long thread to look through.

I tried building an HTML list and came up with this: http://djnativus.com/collection

One issue I resolved... to keep it from listing individual artists and just album artists and it works better I just haven't updated this site.

The main issue is that tracklists don't show. I have removed the listing of hyperlinks to the individual track files as I won't be hosting any of this music so links are not needed. I just need them listed in text form, but that's not even happening.

Any help would be great.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Any chance you can post a screenshot of your settings? That might be the easiest way to pinpoint your problem.
--
The gpzbc
reecemj

Post by reecemj »

How do I add this script to MM? I put installer in MM script folder and hit install but nothing shows up in the scripts in MM. Could someone give me step by step instructions.

Thanks Reece :wink: