MM Android Player

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

moonglow

Re: MM Android Player

Post by moonglow »

jiri wrote:I think that I can promise that it won't take 18 months until something nice and useful gets out... :wink:

Jiri
Almost 12 months down, 6 to go before the deadline! :)
moonglow

Post by moonglow »

Hi Jiri, following a few other threads I tried out doubletwist, and it works nicely with my SGII. Other than the fact I decided to loath itunes almost a decade ago now, doubletwist is everything I want. Seems to have a nice android app/player, syncs play count and track stats seemlessly (and yes I know Aff is still supporting his syncback script, but to be honest its never been a particularly satisfactory solution), and also imports itunes playlists - although the downside there is it doesnt seem to do smartlists. It has a few other bonuses which I haven't tried yet like wifi synch, although I've read some reports that its a little patch in this area.

The only reason I can see for not just abandoning MM is that I've got a couple of years of track stats invested in the MM data. I'm reluctant to do this, as its taken a lot of time to build my play counts and skip data etc to a level its useful. .

Basically I'm getting tired of not being able to use my phone the way I could an ipod, or iphone, so if I found a way to import them into itunes without it wrecking all my tags it'd seem MM hasn't got much to offer any more.

Is there any likelihood of a MM native solution soon? I appreciate that it might be more complicated than anticipated, but in the end there are other solutions around and I could put my time towards transfering to one of them. Hell, for all I know, itunes might not even be the invasive bloatware it used to be.

Thanks
jiri

Post by jiri »

We are much closer now, we'd like to start beta testing no later than the next month.

Jiri
misplacedamerican

Post by misplacedamerican »

Jiri,

I am guessing this means we are imminently close now, how do we sign up to be a Beta tester?
jiri

Post by jiri »

After some more internal testing, the beta testing will probably be open and posted here in the beta forum.

Jiri
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Hoping to see some fruits of your labor soon. I have high hopes for a marriage of sorts between MM and Android. :)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

just got an android device.

looking for mm player am wanting to use a player that can get the playlist que correct and not keep adding the same lists to the que making it have ten listings of the same songs in one que, the google player on my android 4 device is doing that to the que.

as for the abillity to put songs on the player with mediamonkey you can do that simpley by using the largest sd card you can find or any extra memory card your system uses that monkey can see. when you plug in your device via usb monkey will see the sd card and mark that as a new drive. you can then move songs over to that. once on the sd card you can move them in to the internal storage of the device by its own file explorer. that's if you have enough memory in your internal memory. mine has 4 gb's of space in it.

just need a android player now that can see normal mp3 tags and play mp3's or write too them, in my case a free version is best but not winamp? its not any good in its free android app. so i'm also wanting mediamonkey and its great tagging functions on my android device.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
xavier1951

Post by xavier1951 »

If I understand well, there is, for this moment, NO MM player for Android tablets?

Thx
Xavier
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, it is still being worked on.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

found one for android 4 it works better then google player. but is not easy to make playlists for it because you have to load all songs in to now playing then remove the ones you don't want in the playlist and then save the now playing to a playlist.

its called "Android Player " not sure of the version number it is a free app though on google play.
no stop button you have to be on the now playing list and then touch menu then touch clear now playing.
it then stops even the song that is playing when you clear the list.
so its in need of a little updateing with tags and buttons and an easier way to make playlists but if mm gets one that does all that and keeps the album covers with the songs like they should be and mm does on the desktop then monkey would be a great app ?? umm ?? maybe make it a free version app except make mp3 tagging in a pro version people that use tablets instead of desktop's would need tagging in it. and more likely pay for it if the program worked as well as it does on the desktop when used for tagging.

but this android player shows the album art per song like mediamonkey does. but all this does is play its not an tagger which is not really needed if we tag songs on our desktop with mm and then put them in the android device.

only trouble i had was with trying to use mm 3 to create folders on the sd card in the device it didn't want to do that.
but the old fashion way was good enough to get the songs on there, i just moved the folder over with explorer. i don't need mm to keep track of the library on the android just need him to tag songs and put them on the sd card.
would be nice to have monkey player for android so i can use it. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
xavier1951

Post by xavier1951 »

Is there a date we can live for?

Post by Guest »

Which Android versions is the compatability intended with? That is, will it be compatible with 2.3.x Gingerbread, for example?
jiri

Post by jiri »

The beta version will be out during the next month. It will be compatible with anything above or equal 2.2.

Jiri
matt_99_99_uk

Post by matt_99_99_uk »

Is this ready now? When will it be on google play store? Very excited, and yet also amazed there is not already something like this out there.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Like Jiri said. It will be public soon. But I asure you that it is live and working.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts