MM is keeping old tags after they've been changed (!)

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: MM is keeping old tags after they've been changed (!)

Post by Lowlander »

I believe that MediaMonkey won't replace values with empty ones on rescan. However removing the track from the Library and rescanning the file in should show it with the empty tag.
jamburglar

Post by jamburglar »

Lowlander wrote:I believe that MediaMonkey won't replace values with empty ones on rescan. However removing the track from the Library and rescanning the file in should show it with the empty tag.
Update: I was able to get MM to reflect the changes by Synchronizing the files (showing the incorrect tags) in MediaMonkey first, and then Synchronizing the same files (showing the correct tags) in MusicBee. Hope that makes sense.
scott967

Post by scott967 »

Don't know about MusicBee but MP3Tag allows for ID3.2.4 tags. I only ever use 3.2.3 because AFAIK MM4 can't use 3.2.4 tags, so I'm not sure what MM4 does if there are 3.2.4 tags in an MP3 or other ID3-using file type.

scott s.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey can read them, but doesn't write them.

Post by Guest »

I'm also facing same issue. I ripped an CD using dbPowerAmp. When I opened in MM, tag information for one of the tracks was shown incorrectly (title, album, image, ..etc.). I edited the incorrect tags and added the image in MM. However, after sometime again tags reverted to old value and image disappeared, though dbPoweramp and Windows show tags and image correctly. I cleared the library and opened the folder again, still no luck. :(
I'm using 4.0.6.1501.

dm
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you working in the My Computer or one of the library nodes?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:I'm also facing same issue. I ripped an CD using dbPowerAmp. When I opened in MM, tag information for one of the tracks was shown incorrectly (title, album, image, ..etc.). I edited the incorrect tags and added the image in MM. However, after sometime again tags reverted to old value and image disappeared, though dbPoweramp and Windows show tags and image correctly. I cleared the library and opened the folder again, still no luck. :(
I'm using 4.0.6.1501.

dm
You haven't specified what file type. Regardless I'd advise you to share this particular problem track with MM support.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.