- Tag songs from iTunes Match.
- Search iTunes for metadata by track.
- Search iTunes for metadata by album.
- Hear the audio that belongs the metadata.
- Links to songs in the iTunes Store.
- Fingerprint audio with Acoustid.
In the "Auto-Tag from Web" window there is an "Option" button, there you'll find 5 options added by this script:
- Acoustid Fingerprint
This gets the unique signature from the audio in your file and summits it to the Acoustid service to get the tag information collected by MusicBrainz for it.
- iTunes Album
This resembles the way classic Search Scripts work in MediaMonkey. This tags from just one album at the time, trying to find the album that most matches the songs selected.
- iTunes Match
This only tags files downloaded from iTunes, with extention .m4a. They have a number embedded that identifies the correct metadata.
Some tracks are not in all the iTunes Stores, and for some reason, many tracks are not longer on any iTunes Stores.
- iTunes Search
This uses the existing metadata to find a match and correct imperfections. Also, this uses the "iTunes Match" mode for files that support it.
This combines the powers of "iTunes Match", "Acoustid Fingerprint" and "iTunes Search" to find more and better results.
The iTunes software, any Apple software or iTunes/Apple accounts are not needed for this script to work.
iTunesMonkey searches their database directly through an API.
Keyboard Shortcuts: (after clicking inside the viewport)
- [UP] & [DOWN] arrows: focus previous/next track.
- [TAB]: focus next metadata field.
- [BACKSPACE]: toggle focused metadata field.
- [ENTER]: toggle focused track.
- [SPACE]: play preview.
- [CTRL]+[SPACE]: play local file.
- [LEFT] & [RIGHT] arrows: change artwork.
- [DELETE]: delete artwork.
- [INSERT]: toggle artwork.
- Click a metadata field to toggle it.
- Right-click a track to toggle it.
- Double-click a track to see the song in the iTunes Store.
- Double-click artwork to tag selected songs with it.
- Right-click artwork to open it.
- Right-click the artwork dimensions to delete it.
- Click play icon to play preview.
- Right-click play icon to play local file.
- Click or Right-click play icon to pause.
- Double-click play icon to stop.
This script has been tested on MediaMonkey 22.214.171.1241.
Leave a comment!