ScrobblerDJ V2.20 - Updated 16/11/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

civiliza

Re: ScrobblerDJ V2.6

Post by civiliza »

I have discovered that there was always an extremely remote chance of the same song being played twice in a row if it was present in the Default Playlist and there were no Similar Artists.

With the multi-artist changes made in V2.0 however the possibility was significantly increased.

For the scriptwriters amoungst you:

A song's play history does not getting updated until it has finished playing, but the script determines the next song before the current song has finished playing,

If the current song has two collaborating artists A and B. Since V2.0 the script will randomly chooses one of the two (say A) and look for similar artists.

However if artist B is similar, it can potentially choose to queue one of B's songs, and since the current song is in B's repertoire and its play history has not been updated yet it can get requeued while it is still playing.

Anyway, Scrobbler V2.6 explicitly prevents the current song from being immediately requeued
Last edited by civiliza on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SchulA

Re: ScrobblerDJ V2.06

Post by SchulA »

Hi,

First let me say, it´s really cool that there is a new Version of scrobler DJ. I used this script during the last years in Version 1.26. It worked, even on Version 4 of MM with some minor limitations.
Last Month, I updatet MM to the latest Version an decided to make a new install. I also decided not to use Scrobler dj 1.26 but the new version 2.0.
I had the problem that the same artist, even same song looped during 3-10 different songs. This morning I read about the changes in V.2.6.00 so I decided to Update. There´s a little error by the way - on the download Page it´s called 2.6.0.0, in Mediamonkey - Scripts it´s called 2.06...

O.k. - the real problem I got: SDJ allway begins looping about 5 songs after a short time. I copied an extract of the playlist. After Thiefery Corporation scrobler DJ began its work....

No same Artist setting: 60min
No same song setting: 2 hrs
Any suggestions
Thanks Alf

Code: Select all

D:\MP3\MCache\Thievery Corporation\Thievery Corporation - The Richest Man in Babylon\15 Thievery Corporation - Resolution - The Richest Man in Babylon.mp3
D:\MP3\MCache.Various\Vienna Scientists IV\02 Thunderball - Domino (To Vienna With Funk Mix) - Vienna Scientists IV.mp3
D:\MP3\MCache.Streams\Monkey Radio Selected\0510 Avatars of Dub - Digeratidub.mp3
D:\MP3\MCache.Various\Timeless Chill\12 In Credo - Siesta Del Sol - Timeless Chill.mp3
D:\MP3\MCache.Various\Buddha Bar\Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol. 4-Mystic Bar Sounds\20 Noise Boyz - Mellow Moon (West Mix) - Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol 4. Mystic Bar Sounds.mp3
D:\MP3\MCache.Various\Buddha Bar\Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol. 4-Mystic Bar Sounds\23 Orange Music - Mandatory Town (Viewpoint Mix) - Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol 4. Mystic Bar Sounds.mp3
D:\MP3\MCache\Raphael Marionneau\Le Moment von Raphael Marionneau\09 Frank Borell - A New Beginning - le moment von Raphael Marionneau.mp3
D:\MP3\MCache.Various\Buddha Bar\Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol. 4-Mystic Bar Sounds\27 Jazz City - They Call You (No Move Cut) - Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol 4. Mystic Bar Sounds.mp3
D:\MP3\MCache.Various\Buddha Bar\Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol. 4-Mystic Bar Sounds\12 Cafe Americaine - North West Passage (Seaside Cut) - Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol 4. Mystic Bar Sounds.mp3
D:\MP3\MCache.Various\Fresh Chillout 2007 [2007]\212 Skysurfer - A New Day Has Come - Fresh Chillout 2007.mp3
D:\MP3\MCache.Various\Buddha Bar\Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol. 4-Mystic Bar Sounds\35 Chillwalker - Sunday Morning (Future Break Mix) - Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol 4. Mystic Bar Sounds.mp3
D:\MP3\MCache.Various\Buddha Bar\Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol. 4-Mystic Bar Sounds\12 Cafe Americaine - North West Passage (Seaside Cut) - Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol 4. Mystic Bar Sounds.mp3
D:\MP3\MCache.Various\Buddha Bar\Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol. 4-Mystic Bar Sounds\22 Kid Coconutz - Take On Me (Spacedream Mix) - Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol 4. Mystic Bar Sounds.mp3
D:\MP3\MCache.Various\Buddha Bar\Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol. 4-Mystic Bar Sounds\27 Jazz City - They Call You (No Move Cut) - Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol 4. Mystic Bar Sounds.mp3
D:\MP3\MCache.Various\Buddha Bar\Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol. 4-Mystic Bar Sounds\20 Noise Boyz - Mellow Moon (West Mix) - Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol 4. Mystic Bar Sounds.mp3
D:\MP3\MCache.Various\Buddha Bar\Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol. 4-Mystic Bar Sounds\22 Kid Coconutz - Take On Me (Spacedream Mix) - Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol 4. Mystic Bar Sounds.mp3
D:\MP3\MCache.Various\Buddha Bar\Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol. 4-Mystic Bar Sounds\06 Orange Music - Islandlover (Monotonic Trip Mix) - Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol 4. Mystic Bar Sounds.mp3
D:\MP3\MCache.Various\Buddha Bar\Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol. 4-Mystic Bar Sounds\05 Frank Borell - Minded 2 Say (Chillout Mix) - Buddha-Bar - Buddha Deluxe Lounge Vol 4. Mystic Bar Sounds.mp3
civiliza

Post by civiliza »

Hmm, I can see it, but I'm not sure that I can explain it.

I have proved that with a small Default Playlist and Limit To Default Playlist set the No Same Artist value effectively gets ignored. (It doesn't initially, but after failing to find any Similar Artists, it picks a song from the Default Playlist regardless of who the song's Artist is.)

Conversely with the same settings I have also seen it play every song in the Default Playlist then stop queuing because all the songs in the Playlist have been played within No Same Song hours.

I haven't seen it happen but theoretically as artists/songs exceed No Same Artist/No Same Song they could become available again in the same order, but unless your songs are in the region of an hour plus each I can't see that being the problem here.

OK

Thought 1 - Are you letting the songs play to the end or are you Fast Forwarding to the next track? A song's play history will only get updated if it is allowed to play in its entirety.

Thought 2 - If you have Limit To Default Playlist set, is said playlist an AutoPlaylist? (If you right click on it in the Media Tree does it say Edit Playlist or Edit AutoPlaylist?). Due to the database tables it uses Limit To Default Playlist does not work with AutoPlaylists. If it is an AutoPlaylist either copy all the songs to a new (non-auto) playlist and set that as the Default Playlist [preferred solution], or switch off Limit To Default Playlist.

Beyond that, I would need to know much more about your Default Playlist (what the tracks are, their individual and total playlengths).

As a last resort you can turn on debugging and then read the resulting log file in %appdata%/MediaMonkey/Scripts/ScrobblerDJ.vbs.log, but said file is hard to understand even if you have ScrobblerDJ.vbs open in Notepad at the same time.

I think that Thoughts 1 or 2 are more likely to yield results.
Last edited by civiliza on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
civiliza

Post by civiliza »

I discovered a bug in the Settings Dialog about half an hour after posting my initial V2.06 message and updated the Installation File accordingly last night.

Unfortunately after bumping the version number twice yesterday I was not prepared to do it yet again, so it might be worth downloading again just in case you have the old code. (I promise that I'll update the vesion if I make any more changes).

As for the 2.6 / 2.06 issue, you are right, I started using the extra zero on this forum before Peke suggested hosting it on HappyMonkeying. It was only after I had started using HappyMonkeying that I realised it ignored said zero. Guess that I'll have to move over to 2.7 if there is a next version.

EDIT - I have now updated all my version numbers throughout this thread to 2.X unstead of 2.0X
Last edited by civiliza on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SchulA

Post by SchulA »

o.k.,

thought 1: I left MM all alone, so every song could play to the end...

thought 2: limit to default playlist is not set. Although the default playlist is an auto playlist - all songs that were not played ever before. This worked with the old 1.26 Version. That auto playlist contains about 500 entries, 3 GB, 36h, very different songs....
I copied that list to a static playlist, took that as default and tested again. 6 songs later it began alternating between Manu Chao and Mano Negra, but different songs - about 35 times... At that time I had enough of Manu Chao/Mano Negra and canceled :)

Would it help giving the log to you ?
civiliza

Post by civiliza »

The log file might help, but before going down that route, what are your other settings? I have a strong suspicion that Ignore Composers might need to be turned on.

Technical Info

I introduced a query linking Artists to ArtistsSongs to Songs to avoid parsing the Artist field of songs with multiple artists (eg Eminem; Rhianna)

I used the fact that such a song would have multiple ArtistsSongs entries - one linking the song to Eminem and one linking it to Rhianna. As a downside though depending on the completeness of your library the Composer/Writer would also have a ArtistsSongs entry for the song. This becomes a problem if the Composer/Writer has a performing career of their own (eg Roger Waters and David Gilmour from Pink Floyd).

The Ignore Composers option is intended to specifically ignore any Composer/Writer entries in ArtistsSongs.

Could you try switching Ignore Composers on please? The more I think of it, the more I believe that to be the solution to your problem.

I haven't been encountering this problem since introducing Ignore Composers because I always run the script with Ignore Composers switched on. (I don't have Composer entries for the majority of my songs, so Ignoring the Composer/Songwriter is not a big issue for me).

Sorry for any problems this might already have caused you SchulA.
Last edited by civiliza on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
civiliza

Post by civiliza »

I hadn't heard of either Manu Chao or Mano Negra before, but after a quick look on the internet and discovering that Manu Chao was the frontman (and presumably a songwriter) for Mano Negra, I think the evidence is piling up for turning the Ignore Composers option on.

I left it as an option so that Similar (classical) Composers coulld be queued, but for users without classical music (or for those who have put eg Beethoven as the Artist) I think that Ignore Composers should be left permanently switched on.
Last edited by civiliza on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SchulA

Post by SchulA »

I´m sorry but Ignore Composers is already switched on.
Like in your library, I also don´t have Composer entries for most of my songs.. There are Artist and Album Artist entries which are normally equal, except for samplers, where Album Artist is ether "Various" or the artist who made the sampler..

In the case Manu Chao and Mano Negra, the artist and album artist are the same entries for each CD (in each case only one for shure) and no entry for the composer. But I think both would be rather near by each other as results from last fm.

btw. you don´t have to apologize for any problems in the script... It´s cool that you do all the work updating the script.

I´m going to try a little more an telling you the results...
civiliza

ScrobblerDJ V2.7

Post by civiliza »

I was hoping you would come back saying Ignore Composers solved the problem so I could issue V2.7 without worry.

Anyway, I have been searching through the script for Ignore Composers type issues, and discovered that without Ignore Composers there was a potential to look for similar artists to the Composer straight off the bat. Since this is definitely contrary to the original V1.26 ethos, I have forced it to look for similarities to the current song's performing artist by default.

(Note this change applies to artists similar to the current song, the composer of the next song might still be used, but the Ignore Composers option switches this possibility on and off)

I have also tidied up the V2.x logic which was applying some time related checks earlier in the script than V1.26 - the overall flow is now closer to the V1.26 ethos.

Scrobbler V2.7 is now available, not that I believe it will have a significant impact on SchulA's problem which is still baffling me.
civiliza

Re: ScrobblerDJ V2.7

Post by civiliza »

SchulA, I am really grasping at straws here, but do the affected songs have multiple contributing artists?

Given two artists A and B and a pair of songs A by just Artist A and AB by both Artists, the script will happily queue song AB after song A if it recognises that Artist B has not been played for a while. (Once the script recognises that the Artist is "safe" to play, it assumes that all the Artist's songs are "safe" even the collaborations with "unsafe" Artists)

(It potentially does the same with Composers/Songwriters, so without Ignore Composers set it is possible to have a series of songs by the same performer if they have different Composers and by some miracle all the composers are flagged as being similar by Last.FM.)

(Multiple artists are seperated by semi-colons (;) in the Song's Artist field.)

SchulA, could you clear out the logfile, then perform another run (ideally with V2.7 of the script) and send me the (zipped) debug logfile (I'll PM you the email address). It seems that for some reason your library triggers the problem fairly quickly whereas (apart from the A;B issue described above) I can't seem to trigger it at all.
SchulA

Post by SchulA »

civiliza, all those songs don´t have multiple contributing artists - like almost all songs in the library.
Yesterday I made an update to v. 2.7 an let the script do its job. I couldn´t reproduce the problem. Maybe you solved it.
I cleared the log and will now let the script run some time - let´s have a look if it works like expected.
I´ll go to work an let MM and SDJ run. In the evening I´ll give you feedback.

Let´s hope for the the best - have a nice day...

..one suggestion: Could you write the version of the script as a comment into the VBS script code. Yesterday, I wanted to verify having the correct version installed but couldn´t find the version in the script.
SchulA

Post by SchulA »

I could reproduce it...

Adding one Manu Chao-song as last song to the playlist forces the loop between Manu Chao and Mano Negra. (seems your script likes them :wink: ). After looping about 20 times between them it suddenly began searching different artists and then working normal.
I´ll send the log to you.
civiliza

Post by civiliza »

I've had a quick look and it's pretty baffling why it's not recognising that Manu Chao and Mano Negra have been played recently - will look again later today (have to go out now).

As for why they like each other, with the default Similarity Rating of 65 Last.FM returns Mano Negra as the only similar artist to Manu Chao and vice versa, as a stopgap lower the Similarity Rating (parts of my library work at 90% while others only work at around 25%).

That still doesn't answer the same artist problem, so I'll have another look when I get back.
civiliza

Post by civiliza »

I think that the problem is due to the timecode format changes between MM3 and MM4. It hasn't been affecting me personally because my current local time is the same as UTC (the new format in MM4). SchulA has the problem due to being in a different time zone.

I have asked SchulA to test a new version that will hopefully resolve the problem.
SchulA

Post by SchulA »

civiliza, which version do you want me to test ?
Oh, I just saw there´s a new v. 2.8. Im gonna test it in the evening...